Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everyday things from back in the day that seem really weird now

Comments

• Options
    Rag and bone men
  • Options
    .Cafc43v3r said:
    A moment in time that was probably only possible for a few years.

When we played away at St James Park we scored at the "other" end and no one had a scooby who scored so I phoned my mum to check on Ceefax.

Must have been a 3 or 4 year window for that to be common. 
    I remember the Graham Stuart goal there and being so far away I didn't know who'd scored until after the game!
  • Options
    .Cafc43v3r said:

When we played away at St James Park we scored at the "other" end and no one had a scooby who scored so I phoned my mum to check on Ceefax.

I remember the Graham Stuart goal there and being so far away I didn't know who'd scored until after the game!
    That was the one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rubbing liniment oils into your thighs before a match or ralgex / deep heat if you had a strain.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    People called Reg.
    That was my Father in Laws name
    What is it now?

I fully expect you to say "he passed away last month", and I'm sorry, but I couldn't miss the obvious response...
    January... Dont worry its fine, I dont blame you for taking that response :)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Tape to tape to get a copy of your mates latest zx spectrum game
    Load""
    Turn the volume down- this one is machine code 
  • Options
    Walking across the St Vincent’s bridge in Dartford and being choked by the smoke as a steam train passed beneath,
  • Options
    Penny sweets at the corner shop - vividly remember as a kid standing in front of the big glass pane pointing out my 25p worth to the shop keeper "one of those please... two of them" "How much have I got left?"
    Youngster

I remember halfpenny sweets  :D
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

5th December 2001, 14 year old me who weren’t allowed to go to Stamford bridge on a school night refreshing teletext in bed then going apeshit when it refreshed and I saw “Lisbie ‘89”.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cars made largely of wood
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    McBobbin said:
    Being driven around in the boot of the car
    Coming home from youth club on a Friday night squashed into the back of a mini clubman estate with six other kids
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Cars made largely of wood
    My Atari console had wooden parts…
  • Options
    My dad sending me over to the newsagents to buy his fags and get sweets with the change.                          I was about 8 and nobody worried about it.  :D
    I hope you bought sweet cigarettes with the change!