Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Senda (p2 - ex assistant manager, banned for 4 years)

Comments

• Options
    Given the severity of the allegation the FA should have let Charlton know straight away and how series it was. Charlton should have immediately suspended Senda pending the completion of the investigation and hearing. Either the club or the FA have been negligent with this or perhaps both. It amounts to a safe guarding concern considering his position at the club and the level of trust that position would hold.
    I think both have. The FA should have mentioned what it was, though maybe there is some sort of rule where they can’t whilst it’s under investigation?

And the club certainly should have asked what it was. Also considering he was sent home early from the course, did it not come to light to the club then (unless he didn’t tell them).
    If the course was in June I’m not sure he would have been expected in.
  • Options
    Given the severity of the allegation the FA should have let Charlton know straight away and how series it was. Charlton should have immediately suspended Senda pending the completion of the investigation and hearing. Either the club or the FA have been negligent with this or perhaps both. It amounts to a safe guarding concern considering his position at the club and the level of trust that position would hold.
    I think both have. The FA should have mentioned what it was, though maybe there is some sort of rule where they can’t whilst it’s under investigation?

And the club certainly should have asked what it was. Also considering he was sent home early from the course, did it not come to light to the club then (unless he didn’t tell them).
    You may be right, but if this is the case it needs addressing. Imagine a social care provider sending a staff member on an NHS run training where this kind of incident was reported to the trainer. The NHS trust would be obliged to report it and the social care provider too act by suspending the staff member. I know football is a vastly different environment but surly after all the abuse scandals of recent years clubs and governing bodies should have procedures in place that you would expect in other areas.
    This 100%.
    There wasn't even any doubt that he'd sexually assulted both women. How the FA could think he didn't need to be suspended straight away boggles my mind.
    Rodwell said that at no point were they made aware by the FA of what the charges related too and have been as surprised as anyone about this.
  • Options
    Disgusting & vile human being…utter scumbag
  • Options
    Rodwell said last night, that the assaults didn’t happen whilst Senda was on Charlton duty. 
    FFS.
  • Options
    I can only go on experiences at grassroots level, but I find it very hard to believe the club wouldn’t have known the nature of the allegation via the FA. 
  • Options
    Rodwell said last night, that the assaults didn’t happen whilst Senda was on Charlton duty. 
    FFS.
    Sorry, that’s a disgusting comment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS.
    Are those really the words he said? Shocking if so.
  • Options
    We learned yesterday that Rodwell is a liar when he reported on the Bromley meeting.
    It stretches credibility that he didn’t know the nature of the Senda allegations before Tuesday when the punishment was announced.
    Why should we believe stuff he says? So he can keep his job?
  • Options
    FFS.
    Oh well.
    Thats alright then.

Fecking eejit.
    Even more angry.
  • Options
    edited January 11
    FFS.
    Oh well.
    Thats alright then.

Fecking eejit.
    Even more angry.
    That wasn't the context as I heard it.

I listened to that as only saying he wasn't away with / in context of a Charlton related event and therefore no direct involvement. I only interpreted that as further explanation that the club were apparently unaware of the nature of the issue and nothing fed back to them directly.

If others heard this in a different context so be it but I think it dangerous to over analyse every word when not read from a pre prepared statement.

Don't we need the FA to confirm what they told / did not tell Charlton and what protocol should be followed in such circumstances?

The follow on question wasn't really posed as to what they did on getting notice from the FA.
  • Options
    Right.
    You're on a course, supplied by an outside agency, with your employers knowledge even though its not technically in 'term time' say.
    You're on the course & you get sent home early.
    You have two choices. You don't tell your employers hoping that the 'apology' is the end of it & that those running the course don't tell your employers.
    Or you fess up and await the outcome.

I'm guessing Senda made the second choice if Rodwell is to be believed and the first the club knew of it was a copied in email with no details.

Again, I'm supposed to believe the club went, 'well we're getting rid anyway so no need to find out what yer man did to warrant getting charged by the FA for breach of conduct'. Nothing else to see here.

Seriously? 😳
    Feasible assumption but we dont know.

But to your 2nd point - getting rid anyway- I'm not sure that was the logic as the question was not asked ' did you ask for details of the issue?'
  • Options
    Right.
    You're on a course, supplied by an outside agency, with your employers knowledge even though its not technically in 'term time' say.
    You have two choices. You don't tell your employers hoping that the 'apology' is the end of it & that those running the course don't tell your employers.

I'm guessing Senda made the second choice if Rodwell is to be believed and the first the club knew of it was a copied in email with no details.

Again, I'm supposed to believe the club went, 'well we're getting rid anyway so no need to find out what yer man did to warrant getting charged by the FA for breach of conduct'. Nothing else to see here.

Seriously? 😳

But to your 2nd point - getting rid anyway- I'm not sure that was the logic as the question was not asked ' did you ask for details of the issue?'
    Well they said the club wasn’t provided with the details of the offence by the FA.
    So it’s either, Senda didn’t tell them & they never asked…….so as they were getting rid anyway never bothered to pursue.
    Or the club were told by Senda & now they’re blatantly lying.

Either way?
    Its pretty fecking nauseous.
  • Options
    edited January 11
    Right.

Seriously? 😳

Well they said the club wasn’t provided with the details of the offence by the FA.
    So it’s either, Senda didn’t tell them & they never asked…….so as they were getting rid anyway never bothered to pursue.
    Or the club were told by Senda & now they’re blatantly lying.

Either way?
    Its pretty fecking nauseous.
    Of course its bad.

The cub may have been told (if they asked - we don't know) a far more sanitised / more trivial version by our employee.

But, as I said, in the absence of similar questions to the FA we don't know what process should have been followed / was followed.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done @LouisMend keep it up mate.
  • Options
    edited January 11
    For all the good communication about identifying problems and target solutions that I thought came out of last night, this was something that really troubled me.

We're told the communication from the FA came out around the exact time that the takeover was going through. Thomas had one and a half feet out the door & GFP had half a foot in the door so it seemingly "slipped through the cracks". Something as serious as disciplinary proceedings shouldn't be allowed to slip through the cracks.

Wherever the internal communications breakdown happened needs to be addressed immediately - perhaps the FA could have provided more info up front BUT it's totally reasonable to think that they wouldn't and it's not on the FA to send follow ups to make sure the club received the original memo.
  • Options
    As far as I can see, whilst obviously the majority of the blame has to be on Senda himself we can say that the FA has definitely mishandled the situation and it seems very likely that at least one person at Charlton has too.

If it really wasn't disclosed then whoever it was who decided to just shrug it off instead of asking questions needs to be held accountable.
  • Options
    All the while there are two completely innocent women who have had their lives turned upside down and will always have this in the back of their minds whenever they apply for a job in football.

I really hope they are ok, I really do.

4 fecking years.

Absolute joke.
    Interestingly the RC panel comprised 2 women and 1 man and who determined the length of the ban - reading again it says they don't have prescribed levels of penalty.

I guess its a minefield to have guidelines / scales for such matters and each is treated on its on merits/circumstances.
  • Options
    I'm not saying this as a defence of Rodwell and Co.,  purely to try and work out who should have done what, but would it be the Club Secretary's job to have asked more questions when notified or would he be expected to raise it with the likes of Rodwell etc for them to take further?

I fully acknowledge that AT LEAST one person at Charlton has made a complete balls up regarding safeguarding but it's possible that the execs were told (falsely) that the matter was dealt with then it's possible that they genuinely didn't realise what had happened.

Again, not to excuse anyone, at the very least it's bad organisation and extreme complacency but I'm trying to work out how it could have happened.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    I'm not saying this as a defence of Rodwell and Co.,  purely to try and work out who should have done what, but would it be the Club Secretary's job to have asked more questions when notified or would he be expected to raise it with the likes of Rodwell etc for them to take further?

I fully acknowledge that AT LEAST one person at Charlton has made a complete balls up regarding safeguarding but it's possible that the execs were told (falsely) that the matter was dealt with then it's possible that they genuinely didn't realise what had happened.

Again, not to excuse anyone, at the very least it's bad organisation and extreme complacency but I'm trying to work out how it could have happened.

We don't definitively know that though do we? 

If nothing was shared and nothing was gleaned from the employee directly why would they know its a safeguarding issue?

I think it says more about the FA process that it isn't shared unless of course our club are being economical with the truth on what was shared - but yesterday it was said by JR in the meeting they only knew when it was made public to all.