Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Senda (p2 - ex assistant manager, banned for 4 years)

Comments

• Options
    wow what a bastard - so wrong that the circumstances means he avoids prosecution 
  • Options
    edited January 9
    PopIcon said:
    Another superb signing by our leadership team.

Should be banned for life.
    What did he do?
    Seriously molested two girls, and you think it is funny that it is commented that he must be mates with Joey Barton?
    Remind me of when Joey Barton committed a crime(s) of this nature.

• Options
    Absolutely shocking. Our very own Rubiales or Trump - only worse. 
    I sincerely hope the two women victims are able to go on and have long and successful careers in the game despite this.
  • Options
    Scumbag 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    PopIcon said:
    Another superb signing by our leadership team.

Should be banned for life.
    What did he do?
    Seriously molested two girls, and you think it is funny that it is commented that he must be mates with Joey Barton?
    Remind me of when Joey Barton committed a crime(s) of this nature.

I have no idea about Joey Barton.

It all sounds rather disgusting.
  • Options

Daniel Senda banned from football for four years for sexually assaulting women on coaching course

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67925330
  • Options
    And what was the bit about letting him apologise all about? Who sanctioned that FFS??
  • Options
    edited January 9
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And what was the bit about letting him apologise all about? Who sanctioned that FFS??
    That's a really poorly trained and clueless course leader. Reflects badly on the FA. Sadly if I think of all the course leaders I've come across most of the male ones would have let this happen.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    That's a really poorly trained and clueless course leader. Reflects badly on the FA. Sadly if I think of all the course leaders I've come across most of the male ones would have let this happen.
    the course was abroad, do we know if it was an FA course?
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    I'm assuming from the detail and that the complaint was made to FA then it must be an FA/FA sanctioned course
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    I'm assuming from the detail and that the complaint was made to FA then it must be an FA/FA sanctioned course
    don't want to detract from the awfulness of the issue but would Senda not be registered/regulated by the FA as they are our governing body hence why the complaint was passed to them? Not saying it wasn't an FA sanctioned course but don't want to go blaming them for things if it wasn't.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    don't want to detract from the awfulness of the issue but would Senda not be registered/regulated by the FA as they are our governing body hence why the complaint was passed to them? Not saying it wasn't an FA sanctioned course but don't want to go blaming them for things if it wasn't.
    A very fair point
  • Options
    I think a statement by the club is now necessary. If they were aware of the allegations and allowed him to continue to work then that’s very disappointing.
    I'm hoping the reason we haven't had one is that they were surprised by it all but the longer we wait the less likely that seems
  • Options
    Here until Holden got the boot. Roughly 2 months after the incident and admittance I think. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose it could just be  possible the club were only made aware in the window of July to August and then sacked him when they learnt more but tied it publicly to Holden leaving ?

Maybe they were limited in what they could say whilst the investigation process was ongoing?

Do we know he wasn’t suspended when it was first alerted to them by the FA?

Until the club say we can’t know. 

The management at Charlton should account for themselves whatever. 
  • Options
    Not saying I agree with this, but maybe the club took an innocent until proven guilty approach to this? And his sacking in August was entirely football related.

However disgusting the allegations (as they were at the time) were, they weren't directly connected to his job.

After all we continued playing Karlan Grant while he was being investigated for rape. Indeed it took nearly 4 years for the charges against Karlan and Reeco to be dropped, during which time he attracted decent transfer fees.
  • Options
    I think a statement by the club is now necessary. If they were aware of the allegations and allowed him to continue to work then that’s very disappointing.
    Also, did the club not ask why he was sent home early from the course? Surely they were informed if they had sent him? 
  • Options
    edited January 9
    I cannot believe any instance where the FA became aware and Charlton not informed of the allegations almost immediately. 

He could well have been suspended at that point, and then dismissed with Holden, and no one outside the club were wise to him being suspended in the interim.  

But…,if he DID continue working during that period then many people would know about it. 
  • Options
    Was he on the pre season tour to Spain in July?
  • Options
    edited January 9
    I don’t know why he wasn’t suspended until the trial  was over, and a verdict given?

Fair play for the two ladies to have the courage to bring it to light, it’s a horrible thing for them to have to go through, also drags our name through the mud, makes us wonder if he’d done previous, I thought we were a family club.
  • Options
    I have no idea what the bloke is like when he isn't pissed up and sexually assaulting women so can't speak for his character 

What this did catapult into my head was how, with stress and alcohol it can really bring out some insane behaviour in the people you expect it the least from. A guy I used to work with did this (not in the same league as what this bloke has done) on a Christmas drink, he had got blitzed, it was in his local too and had made some mental comments to the barmaid and a waitress, culminating in him making a grab for one of the barmaids and me having to carry him home like a baby, dead weight, like a puppet who had its strings cut. His wife had been knobbing around as it happened and the stress of that, combined with an impending Christmas in a house where someone you knew had been cheating on you, with the worry of all that coupled with a lot of booze very quickly bought out a demon in him. He also didn't remember a thing about it. 

Allowing him to apologise to the girls in person is typical moronic attempt at conflict resolution by people who have never felt trapped by someone else's misbehaviour. 

Punishment seems fair, he won't work in football again now. It sends a message behaviour like that won't be tolerated, charges can't be realistically pressed given the location so whilst that's shit I understand it. 

• Options
    R0TW said:
    Grim.

Was it mentioned before, maybe by @Swisdom that he had a habit of being pretty brutal with the youth players?
    Mates with Joey Barton?
    That’s not funny
    Making a joke about a serious sexual asult is not funny, Danny Senda is lucky not to get a custodial term, if that happened in this country it probably been. Your're better than that ElfsborgAddick, I just hope that you'd had a few drinks before making such a crass statement. If not hang your head in shame.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I have no idea what the bloke is like when he isn't pissed up and sexually assaulting women so can't speak for his character 

What this did catapult into my head was how, with stress and alcohol it can really bring out some insane behaviour in the people you expect it the least from. A guy I used to work with did this (not in the same league as what this bloke has done) on a Christmas drink, he had got blitzed, it was in his local too and had made some mental comments to the barmaid and a waitress, culminating in him making a grab for one of the barmaids and me having to carry him home like a baby, dead weight, like a puppet who had its strings cut. His wife had been knobbing around as it happened and the stress of that, combined with an impending Christmas in a house where someone you knew had been cheating on you, with the worry of all that coupled with a lot of booze very quickly bought out a demon in him. He also didn't remember a thing about it. 

Allowing him to apologise to the girls in person is typical moronic attempt at conflict resolution by people who have never felt trapped by someone else's misbehaviour. 

Punishment seems fair, he won't work in football again now. It sends a message behaviour like that won't be tolerated, charges can't be realistically pressed given the location so whilst that's shit I understand it. 

I take it he did not buy his wife a Christmas present.
  • Options
    edited January 9

@AFKABartram The pre season tour