Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    Hector been offered a two year deal by Charlton but has other options as well including from the championship 
  • Options
    Chuks will be back next year don't forget.
    I wonder how he'll get on with Holden's new summer monitoring programme?
  • Options
    We need a wholesale clear out and in my opinion a turnaround of maybe ten players  but realistically we’ll see something less and on that basis I’m happy for Clare to remain as a squad utility player. If he’s first eleven next season then we’ve not really understood the need to do something about our appalling defensive record this season. He was as big a culprit as anyone. 
    Keep Clare all day long been our most consistent player over the whole season .. 

There are many facets of consistency 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Clare is one that will split opinions which really confirms we need to aim higher.

For some him getting another deal confirms our lack of ambition and small budget, for others releasing him will do the same.
    I disagree. Signing him as a squad player isn't a bad move. He can play 3 positions and is a very good option to have on the bench. Him being a sub makes the squad stronger, I do agree that we need better in the starting 11.
    I think it partly depends who else is available and how Holden sees Egbo.

I’m not completely against him staying as a squad player, but if we sign Sess or another first choice RB we don’t need Clare too with Egbo also under contract.

After being a regular for two seasons I’m not convinced he’d be happy to stay as cover.

I don’t see him as a genuine option at CB or CM. He can do a job there but I wouldn’t want him getting a run of games in either position as soon as we get an injury.
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Chuks will be back next year don't forget.
    If he was a horse, he wouldn’t.
    If Chuks was a horse he would have been shipped off to the Glue factory.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:
    May is someone we’re looking at and who is keen to come as he is wants to be back this way coming from Dartford, but I suppose it depends on what we’re offering compared to Wrexham. 
    i'd be surprised if many sides in league one can match Wrexham for wages.
  • Options
    Clare is the classic "can do a job" type of player, which all squads need, but not too many of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clare is the classic "can do a job" type of player, which all squads need, but not too many of.
    Classic odd job man aka bodge it man/cowboy.
  • Options
    So Hector, Sess ,Inniss and Clare.

Hopefully if these 4 sign up for next year they'll be an improvement on this seasons defence. 

ah...
  • Options
    In an ideal world we'd have a complete clear out and start near enough from scratch save maybe 2 or 3. But that's not going to happen.

There's going to be a few that we have to keep simply because it's not going to be possible to make all the changes/upgrades all at once.
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    Cole Stockton’s contract is not being renewed at Morecambe 
    https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2023/may/club-news--retained-list-announced/

Majority of their squad being released it seems, only 6 left under contract
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2023/may/club-news--retained-list-announced/

Majority of their squad being released it seems, only 6 left under contract
    Jon Obika or Papa Souare anyone?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I think a striker is definitely needed regardless of what happens with Leaburn , I'd be looking at loaning out Kanu to League 2 to get some experience and obviously it's hard to know what the Aneke situation will be
    No, it's not.  Guaranteed to be injured for more than 50% of the remainder of his contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nagAddick said:
    Surely Holden must have been impressed by him. He is the only player who I seen who gave Hector the runaround.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I think a striker is definitely needed regardless of what happens with Leaburn , I'd be looking at loaning out Kanu to League 2 to get some experience and obviously it's hard to know what the Aneke situation will be
    No, it's not.  Guaranteed to be injured for more than 50% of the remainder of his contract.

Would be tempted to see if there's a way to pay his deal up and just move on. 
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    nagAddick said:
    Surely Holden must have been impressed by him. He is the only player who I seen who gave Hector the runaround.
    Ipswich?
  • Options
    Based on Holden’s recent comments about the club’s transfer plans I could easily see him meeting Stockton up in the north west when he is back with his family in Salford.
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    nagAddick said:
    Ipswich?
    I have tried to forget that game, thanks 😂
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

What is the actual point in paying him off? 
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    He will end up somewhere like Port Vale
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Freeing up a space under the squad cap.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    arny23394 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Freeing up a space under the squad cap.
    We aren’t near the limit though and are unlikely to be.

Plus paying Aneke off would probably cost at least £500k which would be a massive waste of money that could be spent on the team. We’re stuck with Aneke so we’ve just got to keep trying to get him fit and using him when he is 
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    He will end up somewhere like Port Vale
    They made an offer for him last summer so a decent shout.