Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    nagAddick said:
    Cole Stockton’s contract is not being renewed at Morecambe 
    https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2023/may/club-news--retained-list-announced/

Majority of their squad being released it seems, only 6 left under contract
    Wouldn’t mind looking at Dan Crowley - always rated him
    and Jensen Weir on loan from Brighton
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    nagAddick said:

Wouldn’t mind looking at Dan Crowley - always rated him
    and Jensen Weir on loan from Brighton
    One for the future but Adam Mayor is a very good prospect. One of the 6 they still own but would probably not take much to buy him
  • Options
    nagAddick said:

I find the way such announcements are worded weird, as it doesn't differentiate between those players who want to stay but haven't been offered a deal, and those who have basically told the club it's pointless offering them a deal as they wouldn't accept it. Especially on reduced L2 wages. 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    I imagine May will end up somewhere like Peterborough, Wrexham or QPR based on the social media murmurs.

I can't see us spending a few on a 30 year old when our squad is depleted as it is and he comes from a Millwall family apparently. 

I think someone like Sam Smith is more likely, on a free and can play as a striker or winger 
    Sign him up.

Is that the new Castore kit for next season? Do they do it in XXL?
  • Options
    Clare has let his man go far too often when we’ve conceded sloppy goals. Get rid.

Morgan has been something of a mainstay in Holden’s teams. I feel like he’ll be renewed and Holden will try to be the one to unlock his potential. Falling into the Albie curse but it could work out (as is often said more out of hope than reality)

Innis I think costs us too often but can see the value in keeping him as a squad option if we have decent starters.

I can’t remember who else is due to be released. Let them all go in that case lol.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    arny23394 said:
    I imagine May will end up somewhere like Peterborough, Wrexham or QPR based on the social media murmurs.

I can't see us spending a few on a 30 year old when our squad is depleted as it is and he comes from a Millwall family apparently. 

I think someone like Sam Smith is more likely, on a free and can play as a striker or winger 
    Sign him up.

Is that the new Castore kit for next season? Do they do it in XXL?
    The thigh muscles are incredible, Chuks would be envious 
  • Options
    nagAddick said:

I find the way such announcements are worded weird, as it doesn't differentiate between those players who want to stay but haven't been offered a deal, and those who have basically told the club it's pointless offering them a deal as they wouldn't accept it. Especially on reduced L2 wages. 
    Surely there's no way Morecambe wouldn't want to keep Stockton. I'd assume he's one that's told them he has no desire to play in league 2 and won't sign a new deal.

I think they have financial issues as well, so what they'd be offering would probably be quite low.
  • Options
    We have no rumours ,don’t know who the owner is going to be and have very little money to spend.
    We don’t need rumours we need help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nagAddick said:

Surely there's no way Morecambe wouldn't want to keep Stockton. I'd assume he's one that's told them he has no desire to play in league 2 and won't sign a new deal.

I think they have financial issues as well, so what they'd be offering would probably be quite low.

Yeah they've got pretty major financial issues , current owners ran Worcester Warriors Rugby Union into the ground and the proposed new buyer can't satisfy the EFL that he's got the funds to take over and has had since before Christmas to do it. 
  • Options
    Has there been any solid rumours yet by anyone ITK hahaha :)
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    So for actual rumours so far, we're looking at what...

Hector offered a deal
    Sess being hinted at by players as returning on socials
    Inniss being left out of the last game for * Like Dobson, Ryan Inniss hasn’t been risked as he would face an extended suspension if he were to be sent off*

would expect Clare and Morgan to be offered terms as well 
  • Options
    Sounds like Henry staying as well .. reading his post on social media 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I get the impression Holden had his clearout in January - those who remained are because he wanted to see more of them.  I imagine Inniss and albie will be offered extentions as I doubt they cost the earth and you know what you are going to get with them.  
    Same with Henry - I think Holden sees him as a project

there will be new faces i'm sure - 3 or 4 permanent and same again on loan fom the big boys - i just hope we start to do the business early

Partially yes, those who went out on January are almost certainly going to be got rid (if possible) but I would imagine a few of the ones he wanted to see more of will not have made the grade.

A lot will depend on who we can get in and what budget we're dealing with. Probably the likes of Thomas, maybe even Clare will be retained IF we decide an upgrade is out of the budget, or let go if we find a replacement/improvement.

Not holding my breath given that the person currently holding the purse strings will be actively trying to avoid spending any money except the literal bare minimum and any potential new owners are still unknown prospects.
  • Options

Hector offered a deal
    Inniss being left out of the last game to not risk starting the season banned 

I thought it was just Dobbo who didn’t play because of yellows? Surely Inniss has had enough bans for one season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hector offered a deal - interested but £s may be a stretch too far
    Sess being hinted at by players as returning on socials - out of contract and poss but again £s?
    Inniss being left out of the last game to not risk starting the season banned - despite disciplinary track record, sense I have is that he will be renewed.

would expect Clare and Morgan to be offered terms as well - big ?s for me - not that I want them to be, but did not get a read on these based on some conversations I had a week or two ago.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Redrobo said:

Hector offered a deal
    Inniss being left out of the last game to not risk starting the season banned 

I thought it was just Dobbo who didn’t play because of yellows? Surely Inniss has had enough bans for one season.

ah yeah, that was the assumption with old Ryan the rage wasn't it

* edit - from the pre match  "Like Dobson, Ryan Inniss hasn’t been risked as he would face an extended suspension if he were to be sent off."
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I get the impression Holden had his clearout in January - those who remained are because he wanted to see more of them.  I imagine Inniss and albie will be offered extentions as I doubt they cost the earth and you know what you are going to get with them.  
    Same with Henry - I think Holden sees him as a project

there will be new faces i'm sure - 3 or 4 permanent and same again on loan fom the big boys - i just hope we start to do the business early

3 or 4 permanent signings and the same with hit and miss loans won’t be enough in my opinion. If we’re not signing 7 plus permanents then I really can’t see enough of the improvement needed to get top six. We’re not close to being good enough with a few tweaks. Much of this season we were appalling.
    Yep hard to disagree with that unless we get 4-5 loans of the quality of Gallagher, Rak-Sakyi, Cullen, Jorge Costa and Dasilva.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    With MK Dons going down I would like us to go for Mo Eisa
    And Jack Tucker?
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    RedRyan said:
    Clare has let his man go far too often when we’ve conceded sloppy goals. Get rid.

Morgan has been something of a mainstay in Holden’s teams. I feel like he’ll be renewed and Holden will try to be the one to unlock his potential. Falling into the Albie curse but it could work out (as is often said more out of hope than reality)

Inniss I think costs us too often but can see the value in keeping him as a squad option if we have decent starters.

I can’t remember who else is due to be released. Let them all go in that case lol.
    I’ve slightly lost my faith in Ryan, because he *has* cost us points this season. 
    However; there have been quite a few games where he may well have saved us points. For example, take a game like Cambridge away. He was solid at the back, and won every single header, something which often goes unnoticed. 
    Replace him with someone less prone to rushes of blood to the head, but who is less dominant in the air, and you might save some points by reducing the defensive cock ups, but you run the risk of making us easier to bully, which might also cost us points. 
    I’d keep him in the squad, and play him in those games where you know his assets will be most useful. 
  • Options
    I said this time last year, we need to buy Alfie May and Cole Stockton. The fact we didn't, I knew by the end of August we had no chance.

The same stands for this season. Get them now.  Else it will be another embarrassing  year of mid table boredom and mediocrity. 
  • Options
    We certainly need two decent strikers to come in. Whether that’s restricted to Stockton and May I’m not so sure.
  • Options
    All depends on whether it is 1 or 2 up top (for most part) next season? May has played in a front two and works off a second striker, meanwhile Morecambe play more one up top than two on average, so this will have to be taken into account. If we are playing a front three, just cannot see how May would work out so well? Stockton a better fit.