Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    nagAddick said:

The return of the Dack !🎶
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Was looking on that Orient forum about the Vigouroux signing with them mentioning that he will get higher wages here and saw that they guy who was itk said that they know for a fact that Aneke is on £9k a week. 
  • Options
    Im hearing the right back of Stevenage Luther James-Wildin
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Someone on ITTV saying the same. Unless that’s you ?
  • Options
    Luther James -Wildin is a done deal is being posted elsewhere. What’s he like ?
  • Options
    nagAddick said:

Possibly based on this Facebook post.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Woolacot must be cursing his decision to join us. Started off well then a freak injury in a warm up the week before the World Cup and he hasn't played since. I don't think there's much between him and AMB. 

Dack would be a good signing but can't see it, he'll get a better offer elsewhere is my guess 
  • Options
    Luther James -Wildin is a done deal is being posted elsewhere. What’s he like ?
    I’ve never seen him play but thought he was signing for Coventry. Seems like he’s improved every year and would be a very good signing. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
  • Options
    Why do we need another keeper ??  That's the last position we need to strengthen atm. 
    If Wollacott leaves... Our options are AMB or Kone

We can stop Jojo from leaving, but do we want to rely on a Goalkeeper having to play, who doesn't want to be here
    But why would Wollacott leave  ??  He's under contract so unless we want to sell him then he stays. And if we want to sell him & bring in Vigouroux then that's a different story. 

Just seems we are looking at the wrong area at the wrong time.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Why do we need another keeper ??  That's the last position we need to strengthen atm. 

We can stop Jojo from leaving, but do we want to rely on a Goalkeeper having to play, who doesn't want to be here
    But why would Wollacott leave  ??  He's under contract so unless we want to sell him then he stays. And if we want to sell him & bring in Vigouroux then that's a different story. 

I wouldn't call it the wrong area personally. We don't NEED a new goalkeeper, both Woolacott and AMB are decent... but there's better keepers thsn either out there - whether this is one of them I don't know but hes got a pretty good reputation.

So far there is no evidence that a GK is being looked at instead of/ahead of all of the other positions that "need" sorting. 

It's a good sign for me as it suggests that Holden really is playing some part in the process.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would imagine it is quite simple. If you want two high end keepers for the level you have to let Wollacott go as he will not be happy paying second fiddle having done so for a significant part of last season. But AMB was very good but not perfect and as a manager you would like somebody in who can challenge him and make it a competition for the position.
  • Options
    Lost all confidence in Brewer in the last 10 games. Nowhere near good enough.

I still think he’s got enough 
  • Options
    I think AMB gets a pass from a lot, as he’s been built up as some goalkeeping saviour over the last couple of years, but as others have said, he was far from convincing at the end of last season, his distribution is average, and I’m just not convinced 
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Yeah there is no reason for us to sell Wollacott

However if he wants leave so he can be a No.1 and is a miserable bugger around the place, bringing down the mood @ Sparrows Lane on a weekly basis etc. - Would you really want him still?

"Under Contract" is a bit of paper that offers financial security to a player these days

It rarely gives ultimate control to the club.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    We might get a fee for Jojo. Doubt we would for AMB. 
    Didn't AMB signed an extended contract a few months ago?
    Personally AMB struggled at the end of last season and was making to many mistakes not sure if you want to win the league he the keeper to put your faith in .plus his distribution was awful . Woolacot been very unlucky out the two he still the best all round keeper and as it’s been said can’t see the Orient bloke coming in as number two ?
  • Options
    nagAddick said:

What does a Dack sound like?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    CH4RLTON said:
    Wonder what this means for Steven Sessegnon then, who was also a rumour of late.

Unless we do go with Egbo | Sessegnon | James-Wildin as three of our Full-Backs, with Sess there for Left-Back too

He's the cursed "Right-Footed LB", but barely put a foot wrong there, when fit last season.

Regardless... Stevenage fans are gonna love us