Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited August 2023
    Miles is still growing into his body and seems prone to picking up the odd niggly injury as a result. I don't necessarily think this is the case, but if the club have looked at him being nearly fit again and decided that means we no longer need a striker, then that would be mad. We need to be able to rest and rotate Miles, quite aside from the fact his record suggests we can't yet rely on him being fit every week.
  • Chunes said:
    Curbs would say that Leaburn will be like a new signing for us
    That'll be a Methven line.
  • Talal said:
    I expect Kirk and DJ will get loans at the end of the window when clubs are desperate to get any old crap in. 
    Do you think that there's any likelihood of us having a break clause in the loans. How awful would things need to get to recall them?
    Usually is these days. Rather have a kid play than Kirk, DJ could just about do a job at RWB but hopefully we don't get that desperate. 
  • Do we want a dickhead who scores 20 plus goals a season though - and is proven at this level? It would be peak Charlton to pass up signing a player with his goal scoring record because something. 

Those who follow rugby union will see a parallel here...a few years back England under previous regimes refused to pick Dylan Hartley at hooker. After all he had a poor disciplinary record at club level and consequently some of the suits at the RFU didn't quite like the cut of his gib. A change of coach to Eddie Jones who had no problems with Dylan Hartley and England started winning matches again. 

Maybe we need to step out of our comfort zone? 
  • edited August 2023
  • Talal said:
    I expect Kirk and DJ will get loans at the end of the window when clubs are desperate to get any old crap in. 
    Do you think that there's any likelihood of us having a break clause in the loans. How awful would things need to get to recall them?
    Unless they’re National League loans (no chance with the wages they’d have to pay) then you can only recall in January anyway
  • NabySarr said:
    returning to full training but he's missed all pre season so I don't expect to see him involved for another three/four weeks.
    He will have been doing a lot of fitness work the last couple of weeks that he’s been training away from the group. I’d expect to see him on the bench in the papa johns game next midweek if he doesn’t make the Fleetwood game. Just hope we sign a striker so we don’t have to rush him back too soon 
    I find that very unlikely.

I doubt he will be in the 1st team squad for another 2-3 weeks. Might be a godsend if the Wigan game is postponed so it will give us/him another week to get "up to speed".
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Wonder if Miles being 2-3 weeks off will adjust any potential targets? Will we try and " get by" with Chem Campbell playing central for a bit and add a PL kid instead of Cosgrove? 
    Chem Campbell IS the PL kid !!  There wont be anymore incomings upfront. 

May
    Leaburn
    Campbell x 2
    Kanu
    Aneke

• Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    I wouldn't say Miles 'picked up' an injury so much as he got whacked.
    This, I was stood behind the goal about 3 yards away from it, was a filth tackle, amazed the ref didn’t give a penalty.
  • No new striker then? 
  • edited August 2023
    MrBurns said:
    No new striker then? 
    Lynch and Whelan only available for midweek games 
  • supaclive said:
    Why the fuck have we not signed Dabo?!

Surely get it done and get him in the squad.

Very weird one considering lack of options at RB. Wonder what the hold up is 
  • edited August 2023
    shirty5 said:
    MrBurns said:
    No new striker then? 
    Lynch and Whelan only available for midweek games 
    Don't forget they haven't been Training...🙄
  • Harrogate want 500k for Luke Armstrong apparently. Probably not one I’d be massively keen on but probably in our budget range if the Nombe bid rumours are to be believed 
  • edited August 2023
    Strange that all these strikers seem to start at 500k...is this a cartel...🤔
  • edited August 2023
    Another Friday, another Striker. Where are we gonna fit them all in?
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:

Bizarre, when we only have one RB, an 18 year old, in the squad. What if Assimwe wakes up tomorrow feeling unwell?
  • edited August 2023
    supaclive said:

Bizarre, when we only have one RB, an 18 year old, in the squad. What if Assimwe wakes up tomorrow feeling unwell?
    3-5-2 CBT on the right, Edun on the left. That’s how I’d start anyway as I feel like Asiimwe could do with a rest. Actually think it would work better as we’d have threat from both sides rather than relying on CBT on the left 
  • edited August 2023
    Chunes said:
    sam3110 said:
    JCH doesn't tick many boxes for a Charlton signing, he's gonna have little resale value, he's expensive for any club in League 1, he's a bit of a dickhead and we'll have to change the way we play (again) to accommodate him
    Bonne is a dickhead but we welcomed him with open arms!
    Hardly welcomed him with open arms, I doubt most of us knew much about him plus a non league striker hardly sets the pulse racing & in anyway was signed as one for the future until injuries pushed him into the starting 11.
  • What does Reams say?

• 24 hours is up. 

But...he said definitely...
    I believe he changed his mind, later on it became 24-48 hours (definitely  :D)
  • Just think it it was a straight forward loan deal that would have been done and dusted and completed this morning ( I expect the team on their way to Oxford ) I reckon it’s a perm deal now and my moneys on JHC or Collins at BR if BR bring in JHC … 
    Would you just go through that again please  :#
  • follett said:
    supaclive said:

Very weird one considering lack of options at RB. Wonder what the hold up is 
    The doctors report.