Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Good news. Had a feeling he’d stay. Would have liked to have seen him sign for 2 years but better we get him signed up than not.

Plenty more to do, hopefully it starts moving very soon.
  • At the end of the season I was hoping that we would keep both Hector and Sessengon. One down would be pleased if we get the second signed up at some point. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Hector is very important both on and off the pitch.  He’s a great leader and respected by the younger players.  Inspirational.  

I’d have preferred a 2 year deal but for now he’s our man so that’s important for us.

good signing
    I wish you’d stop being the voice of reason
  • He wouldn’t put pen to paper without some assurances about future incomings, would he?

Clutching at straws I know… :-)
    That's why he only signed for a year. No real assurances or so undecided he took the shortest deal going.

Not a great show of faith is it. Last 2 signings, both who played here last season so "know the club", sign for just 12 months. 

Sats so much about us as a club don't uiu think. Out of interest (and I generally don't kniw) have any other league 1 players this June signed on for just a year  ??  

Don't think I've ever seen that happen in the summer transfer window.

I don't think it's that. Far more likely is he played 8 games in two and a half years and then had an ok, visibly unfit 17 games in League One in an average team. He's probably above our level and pay but other offers weren't forthcoming because he hasn't been able to show enough to get more. A one year deal for him on less than he'd like gives him the chance to get more. If he's great and we go up he can get a Championship wage with us. If he's great and we don't go up a Championship team will come in for him. A player of his pedigree signing a one year deal for us makes perfect sense for him regardless of who owns us, and for us getting him even for a year is a good thing
    Makes sense except we were continually told he had Championship offers.
  • Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    Fantastic news!!! We are signing the same players who got us to 10th last season. Brilliant. I am buying my season ticket right now. Can't wait.

Now we know why the budget was fixed. We are paying the same players the same money as last season

Simpleton.
    Simply facts. We conceded 18 goals in the 9 games that Hector and Thomas played in the same back line for us last season. Average 2 a game or 92 in a season.
    Hector will have to be a f*** more fitter to make a dent in that.
    Yet some people are jumping for joy we have the same defenders as last season 
    Christ how deluded some people can be, and how many straws can you clutch at.
    Well he did join us after being without a club after Fulham released him. So from May 2022 to when he signed for us, whilst i'm sure he kept a basic level of fitness, he wouldn't have been playing games and training day in day out. 

So naturally he will start next season a lot fitter than when he joined us.
  • Hector is an excellent signing.
  • Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    Fantastic news!!! We are signing the same players who got us to 10th last season. Brilliant. I am buying my season ticket right now. Can't wait.

Now we know why the budget was fixed. We are paying the same players the same money as last season

Simpleton.
    Simply facts. We conceded 18 goals in the 9 games that Hector and Thomas played in the same back line for us last season. Average 2 a game or 92 in a season.
    Hector will have to be a f*** more fitter to make a dent in that.
    Yet some people are jumping for joy we have the same defenders as last season 
    Christ how deluded some people can be, and how many straws can you clutch at.
    Spot on.
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Very surprised Hector signed this early in the window. He was asking for decent money. Signing of intent that’s for sure. Class act
    Still a chance for a signing tomorrow?
  • ButtleJR said:
    At the end of this interview Hector says Holdens going to build a team to get promoted. Assume there's a few players lined up.
    We know there is ?
  • A good signing - we have six weeks to the first league game so he has plenty of time to get fit and have a proper pre-season, last season he looked a bit knackered by the season end, unsurprising since he missed the first half of the season and had hardly played  first team football for a  couple of years prior to that.

He brings a bit of character and that he took a few weeks to sign on suggests he was possibly talking to one or two other clubs.

I hope he can pass on some experience to Lucas Ness. 

We how have a defence for Welling: Egbo-Ness-Hector-Thomas. We just need a bit of depth...
  • Are people really seriously talking about relegation 2 months before the window shuts and in week 1 of pre season?????

go into pre season with this squad isn't great but we have time.

go into the season with this squad and we will be looking over our shoulder.

even with this poor squad, we are still better than the promoted teams, port vale, Cambridge etc.

chill people, you will make yourselves ill. 
    Do you really believe that even with the current poor squad we are better than the promoted teams and better than others like Port Vale? If so then wow. 
    Yes. As I said, 6 weeks to go until jim white evening! 

I've just received a message saying hector has signed. I'm not sure if it's been posted yet on here yet as this is the first message I've seen and read. In a space of an hour, our squad has been massively improved.

if we play 4 at the back, our centre backs are hector, ness, Thomas and either Mitchell or elewere (spelling). You believe that Carlisle centre backs options are better than that? How about Cambridge, how about orient?

a midfield 3 of Dobson, frazer and mcgrandles is a good league 1 trio. Not saying it's good enough for promotion but definitely better than the 4 promoted teams can put out.

if you honestly believe Carlisle are stronger than us then I see your wow and raise you with a double wow.
    I don’t know if we are better than Carlisle but there’s nothing about our team than can be viewed as exciting .  I’m pleased with Hector and Thomas re-signing but we are woefully short .  JRS papered over a lot of cracks last season and we still only finished mid table 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Are people really seriously talking about relegation 2 months before the window shuts and in week 1 of pre season?????

go into pre season with this squad isn't great but we have time.

go into the season with this squad and we will be looking over our shoulder.

even with this poor squad, we are still better than the promoted teams, port vale, Cambridge etc.

chill people, you will make yourselves ill. 
    Do you really believe that even with the current poor squad we are better than the promoted teams and better than others like Port Vale? If so then wow. 
    Yes. As I said, 6 weeks to go until jim white evening! 

I've just received a message saying hector has signed. I'm not sure if it's been posted yet on here yet as this is the first message I've seen and read. In a space of an hour, our squad has been massively improved.

if we play 4 at the back, our centre backs are hector, ness, Thomas and either Mitchell or elewere (spelling). You believe that Carlisle centre backs options are better than that? How about Cambridge, how about orient?

a midfield 3 of Dobson, frazer and mcgrandles is a good league 1 trio. Not saying it's good enough for promotion but definitely better than the 4 promoted teams can put out.

if you honestly believe Carlisle are stronger than us then I see your wow and raise you with a double wow.
    I don’t know if we are better than Carlisle but there’s nothing about our team than can be viewed as exciting .  I’m pleased with Hector and Thomas re-signing but we are woefully short .  JRS papered over a lot of cracks last season and we still only finished mid table 
    Window don’t shut till end of Aug like every year players don’t become available till last few weeks of that window as SG said many times we have our targets but we have to be patient in getting them .. 
    true.  The excitement to see who is this year’s Bogle or Bonne is palpable . 
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    nagAddick said:
    Dubai have u heard anything recently regarding Sess ? Cheers 
    Certainly interested in him, but he was on a good deal at Fulham, we only paid a percentage for his salary last season. I believe we have offered him a contract, will be on of those if it happens will be later in the window, as he is seeing what’s around 

His good deal at Fulham, no doubt would be astronomical wages for us.
  • Was told that we had no interest in May , DH was asked if he wanted him he said no and that was that .. seemed it all come from his agent using the local press trying to drum up interest from bigger clubs .. 

You say the opposite to the viewpoint on here, FOR EVERYTHING, what do you get out of it?
  • Redrobo said:
    Quite a few decent and realistic players out of contact throughout the Championship and League 1.

Joe Ward - Peterborough - Now at Derby
    Archie Collins - Exeter - Now at Peterborough
    Sam Smith - Camebridge
    Josh Key - Exeter
    Sean Roughan - Lincoln
    Harvey Knibbs - Cambridge - Linked to Reading
    Curtis Nelson - Blackpool - Now at Derby
    Sean Morrison - Rotherham - New deal at Rotherham
    Callum Elder - Hull - Now at Derby
    Harlee Dean - Birmigham
    Gavin Whyte - Cardiff
    Connor Wickham - Cardiff
    Luke Berry - Luton - New deal at Luton 
    Ryan Leonard - Millwall - New deal at Millwall
    Carlos Mendes - Luton
    Tyler Walker - Coventry

Quite a few of these have been snapped up already, 3 by Derby. 
    IMO Sam Smith should be of interest to us.

He serves up a decent beer.
  • cfgs said:
    Was told that we had no interest in May , DH was asked if he wanted him he said no and that was that .. seemed it all come from his agent using the local press trying to drum up interest from bigger clubs .. 
    I thought you said that he had a medical & was about to sign. That was 2 weeks ago. 
    Then he was told other things, now he is told this. Not rocket science.

Hopefully he will get told to play with the traffic.
  • So who’s being announced with tomorrow’s kit launch then?

Aneke was asked but he was worried on a sprain putting the kit on.
  • He wouldn’t put pen to paper without some assurances about future incomings, would he?

Clutching at straws I know… :-)
    That's why he only signed for a year. No real assurances or so undecided he took the shortest deal going.

Not a great show of faith is it. Last 2 signings, both who played here last season so "know the club", sign for just 12 months. 

Sats so much about us as a club don't uiu think. Out of interest (and I generally don't kniw) have any other league 1 players this June signed on for just a year  ??  

Don't think I've ever seen that happen in the summer transfer window.

I don't think it's that. Far more likely is he played 8 games in two and a half years and then had an ok, visibly unfit 17 games in League One in an average team. He's probably above our level and pay but other offers weren't forthcoming because he hasn't been able to show enough to get more. A one year deal for him on less than he'd like gives him the chance to get more. If he's great and we go up he can get a Championship wage with us. If he's great and we don't go up a Championship team will come in for him. A player of his pedigree signing a one year deal for us makes perfect sense for him regardless of who owns us, and for us getting him even for a year is a good thing

"A player of his pedigree" signing for a divison three club............................
  • Was told that we had no interest in May , DH was asked if he wanted him he said no and that was that .. seemed it all come from his agent using the local press trying to drum up interest from bigger clubs .. 

You say the opposite to the viewpoint on here, FOR EVERYTHING, what do you get out of it?
    Parody account 

There's a lifer behind it with their own/real account, too

Somehow gets kicks out of posting in a contrarian manner.

Once you've seen through it the annoyance stops and it all seems a bit pathetic and childish