Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who should we keep, who should we let go ?

We are at that point where holidays are being sorted out for individual players, so who would we welcome back and who's return flight should be cancelled indefinitely ? For me ta ta Innis, don't look like Henry is staying and the loans will be gone.  

Comments

• Options
    Keep none. They can all go as far as I am concerned. Clearly this won't happen but there is a lot for us to do to get anywhere near to promotion. Will take a few seasons I fear.
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Keep none. They can all go as far as I am concerned. Clearly this won't happen but there is a lot for us to do to get anywhere near to promotion. Will take a few seasons I fear.
    Even Leaburn, Ness ???
  • Options
    Yeah total clear out required. Include the tea man and the kit lady as well. Last one out turn the floodlights off. 
  • Options
    Total clearout required.  Faith in whoever is around replacing them with better also required.
  • Options
    Get rid of
    innis , Clare, Morgan, Penney, Bonne, harness 

try and flog 
    Kirk, lavelle, DJ, McGrandles , aneke (mutual agreement to terminate?) 

keep
    hector, leaburn, Dobson, AMB, egbo , Fraser, sess (if possible), ness & Mitchell 

Keep, if last option 
    thomas, Campbell (otherwise loan out), 

grim reading really 
    Nine first team players left. 
  • Options
    Get rid of
    innis , Clare, Morgan, Penney, Bonne, harness 

try and flog 
    Kirk, lavelle, DJ, McGrandles , aneke (mutual agreement to terminate?) 

keep
    hector, leaburn, Dobson, AMB, egbo , Fraser, sess (if possible), ness & Mitchell 

Keep, if last option 
    thomas, Campbell (otherwise loan out), 

grim reading really 
    Grim indeed but pretty much how I see it.
  • Options
    We are forgetting Blackett Taylor aren't we ?
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Well that’s not going to happen, and nor should it. We will need a squad of players and some are good enough for that role.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It really depends on whether we have a decent budget for a summer rebuild or not.

If we're shopping in Poundland we could end up with an even worse squad than our current one 
    At this rate, I’d be keen to risk it! 

Players like Innis and Morgan have slipped through the net too many times.

feels like we need a powell-esque clear out! Be willing to upset a few , as long as you back your decision 
  • Options
    Only players I’d keep are Dobson, AMB, Clare, Leaburn, Ness, CBT, no idea if we can get any better in but we need to try. Also Campbell and Kanu should be on loan, no where near good enough at this point.
  • Options
    Keep Fraser?

WHY?!!
  • Options
    We saw the gulf in class today. 
    If we want to challenge we need 10 new faces and a squad of 24 (excl U23’s). 
    Need a consistent Goalscorer and 20 goals from midfield. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I said it before, there isn’t a single player in our squad that I’d lament leaving if the price was right, even Dobbo and Leaburn. I’d ideally keep both of those along with Hector, Ness and AMB but if we’re serious about promotion, even those five would be squad players.  (I’m assuming we have no chance of securing JRS or Sessegnon again). In reality, we’ll be stuck with at least half of this year’s squad (maybe even more if there isn’t a takeover) and we will be marking time at best for at least another couple of seasons. I just hope we don’t do anything stupid like offer new contracts to the likes of Bonne, Innes or Morgan. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    The only players I would keep if I had a nice summer transfer kitty: 

Leaburn
    AMB/Wollacott (one of them)
    Ness
    Dobson
    Egbo
    CBT

That is all. We aren't getting the loans back but let's hope we can get Rak-Sakyi v2. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Out of interest, who did Powell keep hold of prior to splashing out on his new recruits?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Off_it said:
    Keep Fraser?

WHY?!!
    We’re not going to sign 20+ new players?
    The bloke is toilet. Flatters to deceive. If he's our main midfield playmaker next year then we're fucked.

Morgan too.
  • Options
    Out of interest, who did Powell keep hold prior to splashing out on his new recruits?
    Jackson, Solly, Wagstaff, BWP (had only signed in January), Elliot (played then sold in August), Doherty (later loaned out), Benson (sold halfway through the season), Francis (only played in the cup, later loaned out), Sullivan (signed permanently as cover after a few games on loan).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leaburn, Ness, AMB as they have potential. Potentially Hector but results like today don't convince me he is the answer. Everyone else is just an average L1 player, who will have good and bad days. I include Dobson in that he is the heartbeat of a painfully average side and I doubt he'd get into many teams near the top of the league 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Scoham said:
    Out of interest, who did Powell keep hold prior to splashing out on his new recruits?
    Jackson, Solly, Wagstaff, BWP (had only signed in January), Elliot (played then sold in August), Doherty (later loaned out), Benson (sold halfway through the season), Francis (only played in the cup, later loaned out), Sullivan (signed permanently as cover after a few games on loan).
    Yeah. I'd class BWP as a new recruit.
    We haven't really got a Jackson. Maybe Dobson?

So AMB, Ness,Leaburn and Dobbo for me
  • Options
    There wasn't many, from memory we had a new left back in Wiggins, Taylor the center half, Wright Philips and Yann up front, Holland, Green and the fella who went to Brighton eventually. I'm sure there were more but it was a proper clear out of players like Docherty, and that cowardly midfield player Racon, plus Llera, Lloyd Sam or did he leave before that ? 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Scoham said:
    Off_it said:
    Keep Fraser?

WHY?!!
    The bloke is toilet. Flatters to deceive. If he's our main midfield playmaker next year then we're fucked.

Morgan too.
    I didn’t say he should be our main playmaker. We need to focus on signing better first choice players with some of the current first choices becoming squad players. Central midfield needs improving as do most positions.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Off_it said:
    Scoham said:
    Off_it said:
    Keep Fraser?

WHY?!!

Morgan too.
    I didn’t say he should be our main playmaker. We need to focus on signing better first choice players with some of the current first choices becoming squad players. Central midfield needs improving as do most positions.
    I would suggest Fraser is on a wage that would be quite sizeable in this division. That's why we'd maybe look at moving him on, he's too expensive to be 3rd choice. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Off_it said:
    Scoham said:
    Off_it said:
    Keep Fraser?

WHY?!!

Morgan too.
    I would suggest Fraser is on a wage that would be quite sizeable in this division. That's why we'd maybe look at moving him on, he's too expensive to be 3rd choice. 
    That’s possible I agree. Judging him purely on ability he’s good enough to be a squad player in a promotion side, he’s no worse than Reeves, Lapslie etc in Bowyer’s squad.
  • Options
    It feels like it needs to be a 10+ in and 10+ out type of summer but I fear any takeover shenanigans will drag on and start to affect any early summer recruitment. 

Keep - AMB, Egbo , Ness , Hector , Dobson,Fraser , CBT , Leaburn

Loans out - Kanu, Campbell, Anderson possibly Mitchell. 
  • Options
    AMB, Ness, Dobson, Cambell, leaburn. Maybe Hector. That's it for me.

The rest are what we are atm mid table league one apart from a couple who are national league at the most

• Options
    Keep AMB , Ness   , Leaburn and Blackett-Taylor . The rest can fuck off .
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Off_it said:
    Keep Fraser?

WHY?!!
    Not even just signing 20 players it’s also the cost of getting rid of players. We would probably need to give a decent pay off to Lavelle, DJ & Kirk before we can sign their replacement for large transfer fees.