Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Ukraine - Euro 2024 Qualifier

Comments

• Options
    Looks like it's Countdown on C4.
    What side's the football on?  :D  
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wellred said:
    Looking forward to what should be another good win for us
    I would also drop McGuire not been at his best for awhile need to bed someone in his place now so we are good & ready going forward
    Going for a good 3-1 win for us
    Come On England  B)
    I am not saying I would or wouldn't but who for? 

I think one thing Southgate has done well is not chop and change things for the sake of it.  All things being equal is it worth dropping someone if the replacement isn't going to be significantly better?

Most teams that win things, or go close, have a core of players that have played a lot together.

Maybe use the later group games to rest or test but qualify first?
    Your right you do need players who have played a lot together as they get to know each other's game consistency is everything but I just feel he has had his day
    The sooner Southgate starts to find a replacement the better 
    I don't disagree at all, but Southgate can't find someone that doesn't exist.  
  • Options

Henderson still making the team in 2023. 
    He was quality in the knockout games against Senegal and France.
  • Options
    I like Maguire in an england shirt, but we do need to start finding talent at centre back. I personally would have Smalling back in the squad. He’s consistently one of Roma’s best players and their fans love him.
    Guy is 33, no thanks. 

Ben White and Tomori should be ahead of him. 
    He’d do a job till next summer. Tomori has been out of form this season and there seems to be an issue with White (who’s not playing CB for his club) and England.
    Yeah but then after next summer you'd need to move him on and find a new starter anyway. It's not really an actual answer, it's just prevarication. 

I'd rather see the next generation players starting to be implemented and bought through so there's a bit of continuity.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wellred said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wellred said:
    I would also drop McGuire not been at his best for awhile need to bed someone in his place now so we are good & ready going forward
    Come On England  B)

I think one thing Southgate has done well is not chop and change things for the sake of it.  All things being equal is it worth dropping someone if the replacement isn't going to be significantly better?

Most teams that win things, or go close, have a core of players that have played a lot together.

Your right you do need players who have played a lot together as they get to know each other's game consistency is everything but I just feel he has had his day

The only way to find someone is to try one or two otherwise he will still have to pick him & it will cost us in the long run 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wellred said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wellred said:
    Come On England  B)

The only way to find someone is to try one or two otherwise he will still have to pick him & it will cost us in the long run 
    I hope he will when we play Malta etc. 

Bit like Charlton though, you wouldn't want us experimenting with inexperienced U18s when we need points on the board
  • Options
    This is almost as boring as watching Charlton!
  • Options
    Relying on the diagonal ball to Saka/Walker a little too much. 
  • Options
    Channel 4 are fucking shite at this Football coverage.

ITV all is forgiven if you just promise not to host any England KO games

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ukraine are just sitting in which is to be expected. They look organised, just gotta be patient. Was never gonna be a thriller.
  • Options
    This is almost as boring as watching Charlton!
    Glad, it's not just me then.
  • Options
    Struggling to stay awake.
  • Options
    As simple as that
  • Options
    There ya go. Just be patient.

Kane unbelievable 
  • Options
    That's woke us up.
    The great players make goal scoring look so easy.
  • Options
    Boom 💥
  • Options
    Boom 2-0.
  • Options
    Lesson in positional sense for all Strikers that was from Kane, as thought he could have been offside until the replay - Bit like one of Rashford's goals against us, is something the likes of Bonne and Kirk should be made to watch over and over
  • Options
    Great goal that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saka is quality.
  • Options
    Stunning finish
  • Options
    Saka could win games on his own, has been doing it all season. 

1 assist and 1 goal already. 
  • Options
    Saka has been outstanding this International break, few times in the World Cup where I was disappointed with his involvement - But faultless these two games
  • Options
    This is so easy for us Come On England  B)
  • Options
    Kane - give the guy his move to a team that can actually win something. He’s phenomenal and forget the jokes about no trophies. He deserves to be winning stuff with his talent.

Saka - majestic. Next big signing for Real Madrid.
  • Options
    Fair play to Saka. 2 years ago you'd argue that Foden was miles ahead. Now Saka is World Class. 

So good to watch.
  • Options
    Missus has been flying around trying to get stuff done, she walks in, I tell her how dull it’s been and then suddenly it’s 2-0. “No idea what you are on about” she says… :D
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Fair play to Saka. 2 years ago you'd argue that Foden was miles ahead. Now Saka is World Class. 

So good to watch.
    A pretty big hit to the idea that Pep was bringing him on 'perfectly' by not playing him. 

Saka playing every week and you've seen the development over the years.