Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket 2023/24 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    I get people not renewing until TS goes, same as I understood any one boycotting under Roland. What I don't understand is people wanting an extension to an early bird deadline until they've seen improvements made to the squad. 

Buy a ticket or not, that's your prerogative. But you can't demand a price offer is extended just because we haven't signed any players yet. 

• Options
    Croydon said:
    I get people not renewing until TS goes, same as I understood any one boycotting under Roland. What I don't understand is people wanting an extension to an early bird deadline until they've seen improvements made to the squad. 

Buy a ticket or not, that's your prerogative. But you can't demand a price offer is extended just because we haven't signed any players yet. 
    That's not my stance.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

That's not my stance.
    Sorry Fanny, that wasn't aimed at anyone in particular and certainly wasn't aimed at yourself 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

The reality is that the ST early bird deadline will always be before the main transfer business is done, so there will always be a strong element of signing up for something before knowing what exactly you will be seeing...
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Why not?  The entire reason, for some at least, is the lack of investment in the squad, if TS suddenly started splashing the cash and made a serious move to get out this league I’d probably buy one.
  • Options
    It’s dependent I suppose on whether you are going to go ‘through thick and thin’ or waiting to make a judgement on whether we might have a good season or not. There’s also a bit of a catch 22 with that as the fewer the people that commit at this stage / by now to the season ahead, the more likely the budget to try and put together a good season will be smaller. 

Fanny’s reasoning above it outside of that, but I suspect those in that camp will prove to be very low in number. 
  • Options
    In.  Renewed a while back despite probably only being able to make about 10 games this season because of a family duties.  My seat is lower west just below Director’s seating so I’m even more of a melon when I work out I’ll be paying about £60 a game for the privilege 😂

I’ll always go.  I might go this year and it will be like recent years where I don’t even get excited when they score if the team continues to be crap.  And I might go and moan about on here afterwards when we lose to Stevenage at home in October, but that’s just what I signed up for all those years ago.  

I really want to keep my seat as well.  Has sentimental value and it’s been my seat since 98, so despite the ridiculous cost, crap football and a bunch of players I don’t particularly like, it is my calling 

Fully respect those that take the opposite view.  Doesn’t make any of us more or less a supporter.  We’ve been pushed to the limit and for some, enough
  • Options
    I renewed my 3 early despite an awful season enjoyed quite a few of the games plus catch up with some buddies - and what a bonus if we get promoted next year 

Roll on July 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    msomerton said:
    The decline/ so called boycott obsession by others. Is probably adding to the lack of interest in buying Charlton . Any prospective owner can see how soft/ weak the base line support of Charlton is.
    Many of those who say they will not buy a season ticket until a we have a new owner or until they the transfer business is done, never actually return and buy a season ticket 
    It is why over the last 7 to 8 years the numbers have plummeted.
    Other clubs such as Sheffield Wednesday ,Derby 
    Sunderland have had difficult times and owners in the same time as us and not seen the collapse of support.

Have we ever had the core support that those clubs have?
    Arguably during that golden post-war period we did and maybe if the Gliksteins had consolidated our position with ground modernisation and player purchases perhaps we would continued and become one of the elite.
    I remember spending most of the 60s thinking if only we can get back to Div 1 we might get back to 50k or 60k crowds.
    I'd love to read a book with researched and in depth analysis of our historical core support.
    What part, if any, did the decline of Woolwich play in the dissipation of our support base? (Closure of Royal Ordnance factory; closure of Siemens).
    Airman, you must have spare time now VOV has ceased (joke)
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    The decline/ so called boycott obsession by others. Is probably adding to the lack of interest in buying Charlton . Any prospective owner can see how soft/ weak the base line support of Charlton is.
    Many of those who say they will not buy a season ticket until a we have a new owner or until they the transfer business is done, never actually return and buy a season ticket 
    Sunderland have had difficult times and owners in the same time as us and not seen the collapse of support.

Personally I doubt this. 

I’m sure the pitch to investors is all about potential. 

Actually we probably now trade that off the back of being next door to a tourist destination in Greenwich Park / centre and the O2. Likewise can now claim much better public transport with easy access to North Greenwich for the tube and the likewise the Elizabeth line. Also the increase in local population around the O2 and Woolwich. 

They are chasing new support I suspect and day trippers. 

The issue is deep enough pockets to invest in the team to get to the stage those features can be exploited. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:

I'm sure if these clubs were regular mid table 3rd division clubs , their support would dwindle. Sunderland were always involved towards the top of the division. When they dropped out of the premier league their average gate dropped 10k. Also they and Derby are one club towns. We have a record number of other London clubs in the top flight. We have spent 7 of the last 8 seasons in the 3rd division. If a club doesn't show ambition support will drift away. I'm sure that is the same at all clubs.
  • Options
    Been a ST holder 7 of the last 8 years, only voiding when living out the country. Really debating it next year and already missed the cheaper deadline. Due to train strikes and lingering interest I barely made it to enough games last season to make my money back. I want to see how the window goes before committing but I am also desperate to do Orient Away as my Dad is a massive fan and it’s been a while since we’ve been able to go which makes me want the loyalty points.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    msomerton said:

Ah so it's the fans fault again, cool story. Sheffield and the North East both have 2 teams, how many are there in London again ? 
  • Options
    Not having had a truly decent season in eleven years does not help with our dwindling fanbase either, all three of those listed clubs have had much more fun in between the misery. 
  • Options
    Get the season tickets back on sale  - I want one now!!!!!!  (will cost me a further £25 but I wasn't going to renew with no hope of change - happy to take the gamble now lol).
  • Options
    *smug early-bird grin*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got our two in person at the ticket office on Friday. The reason being I/we always go.
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:
    Not having had a truly decent season in eleven years does not help with our dwindling fanbase either, all three of those listed clubs have had much more fun in between the misery. 

Wasn’t promotion via the Wembley play off a decent enough season ?
  • Options
    Moved from the west upper to the east stand, slightly worried about what its like in there if its pissing down. Im about half way up the block so hopefully well sheltered!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Moved from the west upper to the east stand, slightly worried about what its like in there if its pissing down. Im about half way up the block so hopefully well sheltered!
    I used to be Row K in the AC Stand for years, never ever got wet. 
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:

Wasn’t promotion via the Wembley play off a decent enough season ?
    Obviously a brilliant end to that season but at least among myself and my group there was no serious positivity throughout the season that our club was back on the right track building something long term.

Each to their own though if others felt things had been fixed, I was just suggesting why our fanbase may be struggling, although not myself as I renewed over a month ago. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Thanks for the info, Im in row M so a couple rows behind that. Good to know I won't get wet, unless its from excitement!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Thanks for the info, Im in row M so a couple rows behind that. Good to know I won't get wet, unless its from excitement!
    I'm in Row N, and I've been known to mishandle a soft drink 
  • Options
    Almost 6,500 season tickets had been sold by midday on Monday, June 5th. 

The club’s CEO Peter Storrie said: “We’d like to thank all the supporters that purchased a season ticket in phase one and those who have already purchased since season tickets went back on sale on Monday morning.

"The season ticket sales are very close to where we were at a comparable stage last season and we’re hopeful that the work we do this summer will encourage more supporters to purchase their ticket for the 2023/24 season.”

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/season-tickets-back-sale