Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Italy vs England - Euro 2024 Qualifier

Philips apparently starting alongside Rice and Bellingham, with Grealish, Kane and Saka up top.

Looking at the Italy predicted line-up, I don't think I've ever seen a weaker Azzurri side on paper.

A game we should be winning but we all know our record against the Italians.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Phillips shows the coward in Southgate IMO. It isn't that he is a poor player, of course not but he has attacking midfielders he can play to take the game to Italy. I would have Foden up top and Grealish in midfield with Rice and Bellingham.
    I wouldn't mind Foden in midfield with Rice and Bellingham, but i presume GS thinking is Philips and Rice allows Bellingham to go forward at will and lets our two full backs push up
  • Options
    Saka up front? I mean why, he is in the form of his life on RW for Arsenal, yet we try him in a new position. Seriously give up, keep trying to put square pegs in round holes, thats worked before?! 

joke, i hope.. 
  • Options
    Saka up front? I mean why, he is in the form of his life on RW for Arsenal, yet we try him in a new position. Seriously give up, keep trying to put square pegs in round holes, thats worked before?! 

joke, i hope.. 
    Eh? He'll be playing in a front 3 for England out wide. A winger.
    I assumed you meant up front/ striker, yes i even wrote he plays RW for Arsenal, so maybe i mis-read your original post then
  • Options

joke, i hope.. 
    I assumed you meant up front/ striker, yes i even wrote he plays RW for Arsenal, so maybe i mis-read your original post then
    'with Grealish, Kane and Saka up top'

Grealish --- Kane ---- Saka
  • Options
    Some fans who are over there are not attending the match for safety concerns re threats from the Ultras.
    You would have thought that the authorities would give the fans a safe passage. It would seem that they will have to get to the stadium under there own steam; i.e taxi, bus or on foot etc.
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Some fans who are over there are not attending the match for safety concerns re threats from the Ultras.
    You would have thought that the authorities would give the fans a safe passage. It would seem that they will have to get to the stadium under there own steam; i.e taxi, bus or on foot etc.
    On the England supporters page it says travelling members can get coaches going to the stadium.

'We can confirm that coaches will be organised by the Italian Authorities for all England Supporters Travel Club ticket holders to make their way to the stadium on match day'

https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2023/Mar/20/Italy-v-England-Important-Ticket-Holder-Information-20230320
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    On the England supporters page it says travelling members can get coaches going to the stadium.

'We can confirm that coaches will be organised by the Italian Authorities for all England Supporters Travel Club ticket holders to make their way to the stadium on match day'

https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2023/Mar/20/Italy-v-England-Important-Ticket-Holder-Information-20230320
    Ah ok,I did not know that and maybe some fans didn't either. 
  • Options

joke, i hope.. 

I get it now, no need to go on ffs i said i must of misread it. Christ extra
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England games are on Channel Four now for those who'll be watching.
  • Options

joke, i hope.. 

I get it now, no need to go on ffs i said i must of misread it. Christ extra
    hahaha calm down, im showing you what i meant.
  • Options
    England games are on Channel Four now for those who'll be watching.
    After the very poor Nations League results, we can now call it the curse of Channel Four!
  • Options
    Walker - Stones - Maguire - Shaw?
  • Options

joke, i hope.. 
    wide right in a 3. Isn't that where arsenal play him?

the joke is that England played him at left back a few years ago
  • Options
    If you score zero goals you give Italy a possibility of winning. If you score one goal you give them a possibility of drawing or losing and if you score two you beat them. Put out as an attacking side as possible Southgate FFS!
  • Options

joke, i hope.. 
    wide right in a 3. Isn't that where arsenal play him?

the joke is that England played him at left back a few years ago
    Yes correct, as i previously said my mistake i mis-read the up front as in playing striker... my bad

Agree when they moved him at LB when he had played most of the season RM/RW, my first thought was not again! lol
  • Options
    If you score zero goals you give Italy a possibility of winning. If you score one goal you give them a possibility of drawing or losing and if you score two you beat them. Put out as an attacking side as possible Southgate FFS!
    If only football was that simple eh
  • Options
    I can tell you that Italy lack goalscorers and that is their weakness against stronger sides. It is blindingly obvious if you take an interest in them which I do being half Italian. I support England of course and want us to win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If England score a goal and Italy doesn’t then England will win 🤓
  • Options
    I’m keeping my head down in Lake Como today. Heard it’s where all the ultras congregate 😂
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Looking forward to the game hopefully a good win for us going for 3-1 England  B) 
    As for the ultras the Italian police have made some arrest to break up any plans they  had
    but they will be out looking for our fans guaranteed 

• Options
    Surprised the Italian FA chose Naples. Always thought it was like the Liverpool of England and tried to separate itself from the rest of the country.
  • Options
    Surprised the Italian FA chose Naples. Always thought it was like the Liverpool of England and tried to separate itself from the rest of the country.
    Yep, having spent a month in Naples with a football crazy family running a pizza/bistro, they told me they were Neapolitan’s first, Italian’s second.

Although convinced  the authorities decided on Naples because of the extreme passion generated there.

As an aside, their pizza’s were the best I ever tasted! Better than the ‘celebrated’ Neapolitan pizza parlours.
  • Options
    So to recap...

If there are no goals, it's a draw
    If they score one and we score none, they win
    If they score none and we score one, we win
    If we both score the same amount, it's a draw
    If they score more than one and we don't, they win
    If they don't score more than one and we do, we win
    If they score more than two and we don't, they win
    If they don't score more than two and we, we win
    If they score more than three and we don't, they win
    If they don't score more than three and we do, we win….

• Options
    It's a wonder managers play defenders at all isn't it. Hell, we should drop the keeper and play an extra striker. Three goals! They won't know what hit them!
  • Options
    Is Phillips even fit?! 
  • Options
    Looking forward to this. Expect it will be a tight game, and a draw is my prediction.

Both teams know they can qualify from the group by winning the majority of games they have against the likes of Macedonia and Malta (though I’m aware Italy slipped up against Macedonia before).

1-1 I reckon 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    So to recap...

If there are no goals, it's a draw
    If they score one and we score none, they win
    If they score none and we score one, we win
    If we both score the same amount, it's a draw
    If they score more than one and we don't, they win
    If they don't score more than one and we do, we win
    If they score more than two and we don't, they win
    If they don't score more than two and we, we win
    If they score more than three and we don't, they win
    If they don't score more than three and we do, we win….

So what if England score 5 which includes a Kane hat trick and Italy eat a pizza?