Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread : Cambridge United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th March 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    Everywhere we go….

Livening up the mens bogs, all over England.
    Is it a frogman… ? I had an Action Man frogman in the sixties bloody loved it. 
  • Options
    Amazed Oxford are down there and in such bad form.  Mainly the same team that did so well for them last season I think.  Brannigan has always looked a cut above L1 and I was keen on him in the summer; has he gone off the boil as he drove them.  
  • Options
    Everywhere we go….

Looks like this guy:

• Options
    edited March 2023
    dickad1 said:

A sticker owns the post match thread

Charlton Athletic’s season’s dead

With nine games remaining

The passion is draining

..and I’ve lost my fucking bank-card

I’m feeling flat

We’re owned by a twat

Thanks for nothing, Thomas Sandgaard

…..

nb – the debit card is fine!

AA
    BB
    C
    DD
    C
    Rhyming scheme.

Doesn't quite work but pleased your Credit card isn't lost.
  • Options
    Different thread I know but this will get more views....

@Sage will be pleased with the goalscorer for Everton just now. And to think Gallen didn't have a clue about Simms. Seems our scouting doesn't go further than the M25. 
    Think with Holden his contacts may spread further than what we’ve had before. Hopefully we’ll see that in the summer.

On the topic of us right now, two great wins in a space of 4 days, with the situation we have regarding players futures, the short term nature we face, alongside the ownership, Holden has done a very good job on the whole. Nice to be playing some decent stuff at times too. 
  • Options
    Another good result in the key preparation period before next seasons promotion push. This is the ideal time to put into the players the mindset for the core team for next season. Players that start gellling together as a winning team. We have the right players within our squad, Holden just needs to find them. Now’s the time to do that and work out where and who we need to bring in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Didn’t like the view in the away stand at the Abbey. 
    By the time the ball was up the far end it seemed a very long way away because of the distance between than the stand and the nearest goal. 
    And those stewards wandering around right in our eyeline were really distracting. 

• Options
    I remember going away to Cambridge in the early nineties but I don't remember such a distance between the stand and the nearest goal. 

Have they rebuilt the ground a bit?
  • Options
    The positive thing is that usually this season we have that spell of being dominant, don't score and then get done by a team we should be beating. Good that we took our chances during our spell but it would be nice to see an entire performance on a regular basis
    And last season.... and the one before, too
  • Options
    I remember going away to Cambridge in the early nineties but I don't remember such a distance between the stand and the nearest goal. 

The last time I went to Cambridge there was one side of the ground completely open with no stand at all.  I presume that's the end we were in today because our stand looked a lot newer than the rest of the ground.
  • Options

I recall going in the early 90s and us losing 1_0. I think we may have been situated in one of the sides of the Abbey which may explain this. It's difficult to be sure, the memory fades
  • Options
    Everywhere we go….

I s'pose this all started when Arthur Bryan nailed a bit of fish to a stick - it's not like we haven't got history in the eccentric.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    By the time the ball was up the far end it seemed a very long way away because of the distance between than the stand and the nearest goal. 
    And those stewards wandering around right in our eyeline were really distracting. 

Obviously not the Cambridge University challenge team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oohaahmortimer said:
    Wycombe next week are the second highest team we have left to play (Ipswich the highest) sit in 8th …would be nice to perform decent against a team who won’t be playing League two next season .
    Can’t knock a weekend where we win , scum and palace lose 

oohaahmortimer said:
    Wycombe next week are the second highest team we have left to play (Ipswich the highest) sit in 8th …would be nice to perform decent against a team who won’t be playing League two next season .
    Can’t knock a weekend where we win , scum and palace lose 

Good news re: Palace losing to Arsenal today, Oohaah. What was the score? Hopefully a big dent in their goal difference. 

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

The young lad steward bottom left has got the Claudia Winkleman fringe going on and surely can't see anything at all. He may as well have been facing the other way for all the use he must have been.
  • Options

+3 and that’s 2 on the bounce!! Thank you Addicks

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Obviously not the Cambridge University challenge team.
    They look 'ard don't they..don't mess with the Cambridge crew...😂😂