Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread : Cambridge United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th March 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Hate to tell you all, but Plymouth winning today means we can't achieve automatic promotion this season... 
    Well that pissed on my chips. If only we'd won down at their place.
  • Options
    I am still trying to work out how the ref missed that penalty. It was probably as clear a penalty as you are likely to see.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Everywhere we go….

Livening up the mens bogs, all over England.
  • Options
    Unnecessary apostrophes do my head in. 
  • Options
    Everywhere we go….

Phrasing.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    What a difference a functional centre forward makes. Take that away and it all falls apart completely. Today was a graphic demonstration of this. Stockley and to a much lesser extent Bonne have fucked our entire season
    And something that was pointed out by virtually everyone on  here even before the season started. The fact that at Wycombe the fans were chanting to Sandgaard "sign a striker" when he came over to the away end before the match speaks volumes. The club didn't & we've suffered ever since. 
    Not forgetting a left back, Golfie. The failure of this season is Sandgaards. 
  • Options
    Everywhere we go….

Forgive my ignorance (whoosh me if you must) but the finest what? Also who is the man and what the heck is he wearing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really impressive first half, but their half time subs helped them whereas we ended up playing the B team. 
    I thought Inniss was immense in the first half, and am surprised to see him scoring 6s on the marks thread. He won everything in the air, and his passing was spot on. He makes a good combo with Hector who also looked very good today. Hector went down looking quite dazed after a collision just before half time. He got up, and a few seconds later sliced the ball wildly into our goal’s side netting. Perhaps could have taken a bit longer to recover. 
    Clare hit a lovely ball over the top for Rak-Sakyi to set up Miles’ goal. More tap ins for our strikers please. 
  • Options
    Was that the shortest match thread?  Ten pages is hardly anything.
  • Options
    Everywhere we go….

Forgive my ignorance (whoosh me if you must) but the finest what? Also who is the man and what the heck is he wearing?
    It clearly says "England's Finest CAFC.".  We're a better CAFC than that lot in Crewe.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    13 points above the bottom 4. 9 games to go. Should be safe. Always good to win away.

COYR
  • Options
    At the game, the first away for a while, great first half. Awful second.

Cambridge are a terrible team and the ref, well what a completely useless tosser.
  • Options
    Was that the shortest match thread?  Ten pages is hardly anything.
    I was only copying clubs tweets and BBC live. Unfortunately both clubs do not give much information. But I did notice there were fewer comments from others 
  • Options
    Different thread I know but this will get more views....

@Sage will be pleased with the goalscorer for Everton just now. And to think Gallen didn't have a clue about Simms. Seems our scouting doesn't go further than the M25. 
  • Options
    Everywhere we go….

Livening up men’s bogs by wearing a gimp mask?

what’s wrong with a good old fashioned glory hole?
    Look lads, don’t shoot the messenger, it’s not my sticker!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another good win although I did think they was going to Nick a draw towards the end so glad we held out well done You Reds  B)
  • Options
    I think we can relax now. 

In the last five games the bottom six have (cumulatively) played 30 games, won 3, drawn 8 and lost 19.  That's 17 points from 90. 

• Options
    Comfortable first half against an appalling Cambridge team. Less than comfortable second half as we sat back and dropped our guard. If we could play our best for the full 90 minutes we'd have a decent team. We so rarely do though.
  • Options
    Nice day out. Grandson enjoyed first away game and first half we looked good. Second half I thought we got a sloppy for a period and maybe a bit complacent. Do hope we can finish the season strong. What was Egbo doing in the Charlton end. Got a nice photo with Jack!
  • Options

In the last five games the bottom six have (cumulatively) played 30 games, won 3, drawn 8 and lost 19.  That's 17 points from 90. 

This dreadful bunch have still taken 10 points off Charlton in 10 games, and it could have been more if Forest Green could finish
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I'm not getting what that sticker is about. If that makes any sense to the youngsters, I think for me it should go on the 'things that make you feel old' thread.

It looks like a bloke in a gimp suit standing in front of his nan's hideous old table cloth: Reminded me of this, in a way:

• Options

FGR and Cambridge look doomed. Then it's 2 from the rest, with MKD seemingly on the rise, winning their last 2 games, both relegation 6 pointers.

MKD are in a mini-run of these games, home to Morecambe next. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

This dreadful bunch have still taken 10 points off Charlton in 10 games, and it could have been more if Forest Green could finish
    I make it 11 points.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    AWOL today, visiting relatives and celebrating a birthday, but watching the updates on the latest score and without any other knowledge, the stats seemed to show a game of two halves, with Cambridge edging the second half after we dominated the first?.
    Looking forward to watching the highlights, but another good  three points won on the road, I do like the white kit I must say, and well done to everyone who travelled, on to Wycombe Saturday,...
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I make it 11 points.
    Ffs we DID draw the Cambridge home game didn't we. What a pathetic season