Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread : Cambridge United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th March 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    Timing is everything and Charlton invariably don't have it.  Fall out of the Premier League just as the super stupid  money flows...  Seasons of inconsistancy and coming good too late.
    After Curbs left and Murray went crazy with managers
  • Options
    Disappointing from Campbell, great chance to break, just showed his inexperience losing the ball
    That's a common experience for one of ours.
    Bore off. Tired of snide.
  • Options
    1. 35'

Post update

Michael Hector (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 35'

Post update

Foul by Paul Digby (Cambridge United).

• Options
    Playing well as no pressure trying to go up and no pressure of relegation 
  • Options
    It's nice to have a solid left-back.
  • Options
    1. 37'

Post update

Joe Ironside (Cambridge United) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options

10 league goals and counting for JRS!

• Options
    Early payout received from Bet365 on the win!
  • Options
    1. 40'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. George Dobson tries a through ball, but Sean Clare is caught offside.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morecambe 0 Oxford 1
  • Options
    I reckon you'll need less than 50 points to stay up & 80 to make the play offs. 
  • Options
    Should look to buy Macauley Langstaff. Seems to score every week. 
  • Options
    Golfie, if any of the bottom four get 49 points, I will treat you to a day out at the London club 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Chunes said:
    It's nice to have a solid left-back.

I was just thinking this. Thomas has really impressed at LB. He hasn't been a world beater, he's just been solid. Showed good mobility, good on the ball, and has been fine positionally.

It's making me rethink about maybe trying to bring him back next season--not as a LB, but as CB depth. To be fair to him, he really wasn't fit for the entire first half of the season between not having a pre season and then getting injured. It does make me thing that we're starting to see what he's capable of. 

As I finished writing this, he stepped in and won the ball at the halfway line and played a good ball to JRS who got it caught under his feet.
  • Options
    I know the co-commentator knows the players personally but I wish he would refer to them by their surnames. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Golfie, if any of the bottom four get 49 points, I will treat you to a day out at the London club 
    That's kind because if you read my post that's what I'm saying. 45 points might do it 
  • Options
    We've played well but Cambridge have been dreadful 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

45+1' 3 added minutes...
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    That's kind because if you read my post that's what I'm saying. 45 points might do it 
    It will mate 
  • Options
    Great job from Hector to cut out the pass to the Cambridge striker
  • Options
    Hector has won me over totally. Hasn't put a foot wrong this afternoon 
  • Options
    Disappointing, only 2-0 at HT
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    ross1 said:
    Disappointing, only 2-0 at HT
    It's not half time yet and you nearly jinxed it