Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2023/24

Comments

• Options
    Dobbs is an interesting pick up, not sure if we have any Cards fans in here to verify but he seems to have been decent so far this season. 
    A sensible trade for us. Gave up almost nothing in the draft too 
  • Options
    thought Dobbs has looked competent when seen them this season
  • Options
    BUT!!!!

the main news is Raiders have sacked McDipshit and Ziegler

Hopefully jimmy G never throws another pass for us as well

Use AOC at QB for the rest of the season, and can get a good look at him whilst the rest of the season is written off, and hopefully set him up for a good season next year
  • Options
    Josh Mcdaniels fired by the Raiders who have also dumped their GM. Seems a bit harsh with the Raiders at 3-5 and still half the season to go, but they obviously think a change is needed now.
  • Options
    Harsh ?

Cant believe he has lasted this long

He inherited a play off team that lost to eventual AFC Champs Bengals only by a touchdown thrown after a referees whistle

Last season : 

he benched Carr for rest of last season meaning we couldnt get anything in a trade for him as he had a no trade clause and was guaranteed 40m if on roster as at March1st ensuring we would just have to release him

He blew an NFL record 5 double digit leads last season 

He lost to high school coach Jeff Saturday's first ever game in charge of the Colts who lost every single other game after that.

He Lost to Baker Mayfield who joined the Rams 48hours before the game

This season : 

Signed Jimmy G to a guaranteed contract before he passed a medical

Lost to a Division 2 quarterback who filled in for the Bears (there are 167 division 1 colleges that this guy could not get on their squads)

Failed to score 20 offensive points in any game this season

All this with one of our generations best WR's in Davante Adams, last season's league RB1in Josh Jacobs and the best edge rusher in the league in Maxx Crosby

• Options
    Will be interesting to see who the Raiders have on their shortlist.

Please not Dan Quinn, please not Dan Quinn, please not Dan Quinn.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see who the Raiders have on their shortlist.

Please not Dan Quinn, please not Dan Quinn, please not Dan Quinn.
    Wouldnt surprise me if went for Ben Johnson the Lions OC or Dan Quinn

Knowing us, we will go for the flashy name and get Jim Harbaugh or Lincoln Riley from College Football 
  • Options
    edited November 2023

• Options
    Well that was a bizarre final 50 seconds of NFL. But hey the eagles win and have a bye week to get healthy. 
  • Options
    What do you guys think of Daniel Jones? 

Pretty much getting most of the blame for the Giants poor from the last couple of seasons. 

I’ve been too depressed to watch many games tbh, there is only so much punishment I can take from sports 😅
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    think he had a slightly above par season last year and NYG have made a huge mistake in giving him a big new contract.

Looks like he did his ACL yesterday as well
  • Options
    Oh, and the Raiders are back baby.
  • Options
    Bit terrified of the upcoming Sunday. Jags-49ers is a genuinely big game and a real test of our mettle. We win this and I think we can start to make the argument we are in the conversation.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Bit terrified of the upcoming Sunday. Jags-49ers is a genuinely big game and a real test of our mettle. We win this and I think we can start to make the argument we are in the conversation.
    I expect you to win Paddy

was a bit surprised when realised you were quietly sitting at 6-2 and going somewhat under the radar

Had a look at your victories and see 5 of them are against average teams (5-4 or 4-5) with one win against 5-3 Steelers.

tonight probably not as tough as would have seemed three weeks ago though
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    think he had a slightly above par season last year and NYG have made a huge mistake in giving him a big new contract.

Looks like he did his ACL yesterday as well
    Yeah saw that. I’m bummed for him, and for us. I don’t think it’s all on him personally. I think we’re deficient across the field, the O line has been dogshit since the end of Eli’s time. 

I also think we’re playing from a very old school playbook. I think the whole setup needs a freshen up. I’d love to see us playing like the Bills, something I never thought I’d say. 
  • Options
    Where's our resident Bengal to moan about penalty calls? 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Where's our resident Bengal to moan about penalty calls? 
    As a neutral I felt the Bengals completely dominated first half but over the four quarters benefited from some very dubious calls. 
  • Options
    Visiting my son at college in US this weekend and we have driven up from Iowa to Minneapolis to watch the Vikings v Saints game tomorrow. Looking forward to it, stadium looks amazing.
  • Options
    Nice one @Nug

be sure to post some photos on here 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Pats, you love to see it.
  • Options
    There’s fake snow in the stadium 

• Options

• Options
    Nug said:

Murica. Great pics. How cold is it? I was in Minnesota a couple of years ago in November and it's probably the coldest I've ever been.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Nug said:

Murica. Great pics. How cold is it? I was in Minnesota a couple of years ago in November and it's probably the coldest I've ever been.

Nice! I’ll be over for the Chicago game all being well 
  • Options
    Dobbs is the best 15 in the league 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Nug said:

Nice! I’ll be over for the Chicago game all being well 
    I went to a Bears game on that trip, luckily the Mrs shelled out for club seats that had heaters above the seats. Wrap up warm if you are anywhere else at Soldier or just get enough booze in you.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Nug said:

Not cold really about 12C. It’s been mild over here this week. Great atmosphere, a lot of fun. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I love US sports. My son is missing Charlton though, already planning Boxing Day at Orient. Good game here though Vikings comfortably up at the half.
  • Options
    Mac Jones throws yet another interception at a vital time (when a TD puts us ahead FFS) so we bench him for Zappe, who, guess what? Throws an easily intercepted ball to end the game.

May as well start actually tanking now
  • Options
    CJ Stroud is legit