Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2023/24

Comments

• Options
    colthe3rd said:
    WHAddick said:
    Really enjoyed Eagles Bill's. Thought the Bill's would do it.  But then Jalen...
    Bills threw that game and most likely this season away. That Gabe Davis chance in OT sealed it, he must be one of the most frustrating players in the league. The Bills D basically let Hurts stroll down field after. 

Fantastic game though, that Elliott field goal might be one of the best kicks ever.
    The Bill didn't seem to want to win the game - well clear then missing field goals, letting Hurts stroll through them.

3 things in that game : 

1- The missed horse collar tackle. The ref was right there.
    2 - The field goal in those conditions was immense
    3 - eagles fans booing their 9-1 team off at halftime - WTF !

• Options
    Frank Reich out as Panthers HC. I mean yeah fair enough, but what exactly is he meant to do with that team?
  • Options
    I went to bed at the end of the third quarter expecting to get up and rattle through the 4th seeing an eagles defeat. 

Eagles continued their first half doldrums. Re the horse collar tackle have heard a few other takes on the rules It doesn’t seem as clear cut as I first thought (was Allen out of the pocket when first contacted? And looks like the jersey was pulled from the front rather than pulled from the back) however I am clearly biased.

whilst I freely admit the eagles have been getting some luck in recent weeks I stick by my view that it is an element of the defensive play. The throw to Davies last now could be seen as luck but could be seen as the defense pressuring Allen to force an earlier throw so he didn’t have time to read where the  WR was going. 

Regardless we are 10-1 with a very tough schedule and we have yet to play decently all 4 quarters. I will take that.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    colthe3rd said:
    WHAddick said:
    Really enjoyed Eagles Bill's. Thought the Bill's would do it.  But then Jalen...
    Bills threw that game and most likely this season away. That Gabe Davis chance in OT sealed it, he must be one of the most frustrating players in the league. The Bills D basically let Hurts stroll down field after. 

Fantastic game though, that Elliott field goal might be one of the best kicks ever.
    The Bill didn't seem to want to win the game - well clear then missing field goals, letting Hurts stroll through them.

3 things in that game : 

1- The missed horse collar tackle. The ref was right there.
    2 - The field goal in those conditions was immense
    3 - eagles fans booing their 9-1 team off at halftime - WTF !

Agree with all of this, especially the Eagles fans. Some of the reaction, whilst they were losing was spectacular, "they knew they weren't as good as they thought", "been rubbish all season and lucky to have the record they have".

PaddyP17 said:
    Frank Reich out as Panthers HC. I mean yeah fair enough, but what exactly is he meant to do with that team?
    Writing has been on the wall for a while since they drafted a QB he didn't want.
  • Options
    Time to come to terms with the fact that the AFC Championship game will likely be away from Arrowhead for the first time in 6 years. 
  • Options
    Time to come to terms with the fact that the AFC Championship game will likely be away from Arrowhead for the first time in 6 years. 
    Haven’t watched that much of the Chiefs this year. What’s changed stackit?

• Options
    it is a strange old season, particularly in the AFC

Miami are currently number 1 seeds in AFC but have lost every time they have played a team with a winning record.

Multiple QB1'S are injured or dropped

The AFC South is looking like a competitive division

The Raiders are still shit though, so plus ca change 

• Options
    Never had as much as fun watching a 49ers victory as I did last night…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can anyone recommend a good place to watch the NFL centralish on a Sunday? So far we've tried Bodeans Soho, The DugOut @ Belushi's and Redwood in London Bridge and they've all been pretty grim. 
  • Options
    Never had as much as fun watching a 49ers victory as I did last night…
    The 49ers look to be a class above both us and Philly.   We need to win on Sunday and somehow win out to get homefield advantage to have any chance in the play offs.

In my humble.

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Can anyone recommend a good place to watch the NFL centralish on a Sunday? So far we've tried Bodeans Soho, The DugOut @ Belushi's and Redwood in London Bridge and they've all been pretty grim. 
    Could try Sports Bar and Grill next to Farringdon Station. 

Only been in there on a Friday for a works pool competition but they definitely advertised the NFL on Sundays in there. 
  • Options
    I am still traumatised by the Eagles being trampled on Sunday. Hoping it causes some changes to address the issues raised by the performance.  With my optimistic head on I will put a lot of it down to fatigue after the recent run of games. With my pessimistic head on I think that our secondary has been dismantled thoroughly and this was just an extreme example of what has been going on there all year.

Maybe I will just rewatch the first quarter and pretend 2/3/4 didn’t happen. 
  • Options
    Browning looked very good for the Bengals last night. Perhaps their season isn’t over after all…

Hopefully the Lawrence injury isn’t too bad for the Jags.
  • Options
    Who's the second best QB in the draft this year? Looking forward to the Pats bringing whoever they are in. 
  • Options
    Joe who 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Another good game last night, but sorry to see Lawrence becoming the latest of a long line of injured QBs. 49ers clearly the team to beat if everyone stays fit.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Not quite central but the Moretown Belle in Wapping is pretty good - went on a Sunday recently and they show redzone and multiple games, generally happy to change the game on a given screen if you ask too.
  • Options
    In typical fashion Zappe looks great in the first half and we beat the Steelers 21-18 on TNF.

We can't even tank well anymore 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steelers become the first team to lose consecutive games against teams that were 8 games or more below .500
  • Options
    I shall be in Miami tonight watching Eagles @ Dallas at the right time rather than 1.25am!

Can't wait
    Closest we've been to them in a while and this will most definitely show if Dak is able to lead us to the Superbowl or not.

I worry at the very highest level we're going to come up short but I mean sweet jesus Lord - making me a Cowboys and Charlton fan I must have done something bad to somebody in my lifetime!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Yeah, just the five Superbowls ….
    I'm 48
    It's been a long 29 years!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Really good game between the Ravens and the Rams going on. 31-31 heading into OT.
  • Options
    Really good game between the Ravens and the Rams going on. 31-31 heading into OT.
    Some finish
  • Options
    Vikings-Raiders is a game for the purists. 0-0 3rd quarter.
  • Options
    3-0 Vikings. Field goal and an interception inside the 2 minute warning should tie up a game for the ages.
  • Options
    Bit of magic from Kelce at the end counts for nothing as Toney was a mile offside. 
  • Options
    Bit of magic from Kelce at the end counts for nothing as Toney was a mile offside. 
    Heart breaking
    Chiefs really are struggling in clutch moments