Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lineker and Attenborough

Comments

• Options
    I'll wonder if the format will be deemed a success and the BBC decide to stick with the world feed and no studio presentation.
    Alot of money could be saved for other programming.
    I note the BBC has reduced golf coverage significantly in recent times due to cost. This might be seen as an opportunity by some executives.
    The Premier League might have something to say about that.

Indeed, the Premier League might have something to say about tomorrow night's reduced coverage.
  • Options
    I wonder if Lineker had praised the Tories for their policy, would he have received the same treatment from the BBC?
    It wouldn’t have got any publicity so he would have been fine.

That shouldn’t really be the point though I guess….
  • Options
    This could be the best thing to happen to BBC football coverage for years. No Lineker preening, no Shearer whining, no Danny Murphy slurring, no Micah Richards cackling, no Alex Scott missing her cues, no Guy Mowbray being...well, Guy Mowbray.
  • Options
    I think ive found the solution....'Keep politics out of sport'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As much as the BBC are in the 💩 for tonight’s programme, they are due to broadcast a live FA Cup game next weekend. It’s going to be an interesting week.
  • Options
    Major said:
    Major said:
    IanJRO said:
    This will probably get deleted by the mods but I am absolutely fuming and not because I care about Gary Linkear

1) He is a sports presenter so as I understand it hasn't broken impartiality rules as they don't apply in his case.

2) What he said was 100% on the money. We are approaching Enoch Powell territory but no one seems to give a shit

3) The BBC are actively caving to right wing populism. Combine this with the the shit that gets printed by Murdoch press and all the social media fake news, what chance do we have.

Seems tolerance, compassion and general decency are truly a thing of the past.

Maybe a different and perhaps more accurate perspective...? I just read this elsewhere:

"Could somebody please explain to Mr L the difference between a refugee, (Absolutely terrified, wearing only the clothes they stand up in and often starving, having escaped a warzone), and an economic migrant (Of fighting age, wearing Nike clothes and trainers, sporting the latest haircut, and carrying an Apple phone, mainly from Albania, where there is currently no war being fought).
    Any evidence for that?
    Your eyes?
    So no then. 
  • Options
    People care far too much about this shit, what a palaver 🤣

Just glad I don’t pay for a tv license.
  • Options
    Unlike Shearer to use some kind of emotional blackmail isn’t it. 

• Options
    World’s gone mad. No comment whatsoever on the substance of the issue but for once I’m looking forward to MoTd. No Lineker licking his own crisps, Richards laughing himself silly, Cowen destroying buildings with her screeching, Sparkes lithping and chewing her esses, Murphy boring us to tears etc. Only one I’ll miss is Chapman. The Beeb may inadvertently have found the ideal way to show footy highlights and save a fortune at the same time. Whodathunkit!
  • Options
    Very well said Charltonmadrid

I don’t think platforms like twatter help in any way shape or form, have a browse at any time on there and it’s full of frothing lefties or frothing righties airing their bile without facing any consequences

As for this Lineker stuff it goes to show how out of touch I am as always thought the beeb were on the left side of the fence but Boris’s mate has I assumed changed the landscape,  I guess it gains more momentum as the left side are more vocal in their outrage, particularly on twatter.

The only thing that will win is the MOTD figures tonight as people tune in out of curiosity.   I’m quite happy to see Palace get stuffed without any commentary.
  • Options
    People defending the BBC decision on Linekar but will ignore Alan Sugar or Andrew Neil preaching right wing doctrine shows how partisan the BBC has become.
    I didn’t think Andrew Neil was on the BBC any more. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Match commentators also refusing to work for MOTD, so will be using world feed instead. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    This will backfire on the BBC and the Tories, and hopefully the majority right wing press.
    They sanction GL, yet the Chair and DG of the organisation, are people who have stood for parliament for the Tories or have donated to them and organised an £800k loan for the then Tory PM!
    I remember when the Ukraine war was starting how the Government and the BEEB were indignant about Russia closing down a TV station that didn't comply to the Kremlins line on the war, talking about free speech being shut down. Now this  government and the BEEB have just done the same thing! We are slowly, as far as free speech is concerned, becoming like Russia, China and North Korea, GL silenced and DA episode taken off air, disgusting!
  • Options
    Be of interest to see what happens with MOTD2 and live broadcasts as others have said. 

How long will the pundits and others remain in solidarity?

Always tickles me how the BBC report on these matters in their news programmes in their attempts to be seen as impartial and discuss the BBC as if they aren’t part of it. I know they argue they are being professional and unbiased etc but it always comes across as odd.  
  • Options
    Very well said Charltonmadrid

I don’t think platforms like twatter help in any way shape or form, have a browse at any time on there and it’s full of frothing lefties or frothing righties airing their bile without facing any consequences

As for this Lineker stuff it goes to show how out of touch I am as always thought the beeb were on the left side of the fence but Boris’s mate has I assumed changed the landscape,  I guess it gains more momentum as the left side are more vocal in their outrage, particularly on twatter.

The only thing that will win is the MOTD figures tonight as people tune in out of curiosity.   I’m quite happy to see Palace get stuffed without any commentary.
    Not half, mate. But it has been happening a while.  

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/politics/an-open-letter-to-the-bbc/?fbclid=IwAR05DyxngkmPtf2tQFodybqeiEawbAb2f1wHAW3303M8SY-10jJlU9pArmQ 
  • Options
    Major said:
    IanJRO said:
    This will probably get deleted by the mods but I am absolutely fuming and not because I care about Gary Linkear

1) He is a sports presenter so as I understand it hasn't broken impartiality rules as they don't apply in his case.

2) What he said was 100% on the money. We are approaching Enoch Powell territory but no one seems to give a shit

3) The BBC are actively caving to right wing populism. Combine this with the the shit that gets printed by Murdoch press and all the social media fake news, what chance do we have.

Seems tolerance, compassion and general decency are truly a thing of the past.

Maybe a different and perhaps more accurate perspective...? I just read this elsewhere:

"Could somebody please explain to Mr L the difference between a refugee, (Absolutely terrified, wearing only the clothes they stand up in and often starving, having escaped a warzone), and an economic migrant (Of fighting age, wearing Nike clothes and trainers, sporting the latest haircut, and carrying an Apple phone, mainly from Albania, where there is currently no war being fought).
    Bit of a myth.
    Of the people that arrive on boats 75% of initial decisions made in 2022 resulted in a grant of asylum or other form of protection. Even with our anti asylum seeker government it's deemed that 75% are genuine.
    And the Albanians aren't interested in being in the asylum system. The vast majority want to disappear, earn a decent wage for six months (in Albania jobs are scarce, and wages very low), and return home where the foreign currency they've earned which will be worth much more in Tirana than it is here. (This from an Albanian friend who knows the community). They know they won't be granted leave to settle here, because, (as you quite rightly say) there is currently no war being fought there.
  • Options
    To label the bbc right wing is definately todays funny 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!