Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lineker and Attenborough

Comments

• Options
    Don't watch MOTD anyway, haven't done so since 2006/07 season... ;)
    You should have stopped a series earlier, didn't think much of the last one.

Happier ending that way too.
  • Options
    Can we get a few Accrington players suspended for political tweets as well, we need the win tomorrow.
  • Options
    Don't watch MOTD anyway, haven't done so since 2006/07 season... ;)
    You should have stopped a series earlier, didn't think much of the last one.

Happier ending that way too.
    Proper Charlton mate... ;)
  • Options
    So now we have no:

Gary Lineker
    Ian Wright
    Alan Shearer
    Alex Scott
    Micah Richards
  • Options
    A lot of goals in that top three. 
  • Options
    So now we have no:

Gary Lineker
    Ian Wright
    Alan Shearer
    Alex Scott
    Micah Richards
    Time for some new blood then...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So now we have no:

Gary Lineker
    Ian Wright
    Alan Shearer
    Alex Scott
    Micah Richards
    And no viewers

• Options
    Micah Richards has come out in solidarity

He'll be posting on the favourite musicals thread next
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Jermaine Jenas never had a backbone, he'll probably be on it, alongside Danny Murphy and some no mark regional lad...

What's @LouisMend up to tomorrow? :wink:
  • Options
    So now we have no:

Gary Lineker
    Ian Wright
    Alan Shearer
    Alex Scott
    Micah Richards
    Time for some new blood then...

Des Lynam 2/1 fav 

• Options
    What about Lady Hussey?
    Could she step in seeing as how she has been 'in waiting' so long?What is it like to be repeatedly asked where you are from - BBC News
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Don't forget last night their Question Time host defended Boris Johnson's dad breaking his mum's nose as "it was a one off."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2023/03/10/fiona-bruce-calls-stanley-johnsons-domestic-abuse-one-off-on-question-time-18421206/amp/

This was when discussing and defending Stanley Johnson potentially being made a 'sir'
    She didn't defend him. She reported what had been said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does MOTD even need presenters? I always fast forward through the punditry. 
    I think that tomorrow's MOTD may well have no presenters and just highlights with post match interviews. Who, seriously, with an ounce of belief in free speech and the same rules being applied to everyone be they Lineker or Sugar, is going to take the job? 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    The thing about the Attenborough decision; even if you take out the rights and wrongs behind the motive, why have they spent so much money producing an episode that can only be viewed on iplayer? Is that a good use of money?
    Syndication rights etc if it's sold on to America etc.
  • Options
    I don’t much care what Linekar tweets one way or the other. I don’t associate his views with the BBC one way or the other. 

I find it equally crass that politicians even commented on him earlier in the week. He is unimportant as I think he may have intimated himself in one tweet. 

The only possible defence to this action tonight is whether he did something he previously told the BBC he would not. In that case there might be a conversation needed if other presenters / journalists are being treated differently and he has put his colleagues and employers in a difficult position internally. Even then however the BBC statement doesn’t really read that way. 

Easy for him to take his stance as no real jeopardy for him.  
  • Options
    I can't wait for the next series of W1A, they are really going to have to pull out all the stops to top this.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!