Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lineker and Attenborough

Comments

• Options
    And predictably the Minsters who called for Lineker to be sacked are now reading the room and saying that they didn't want him to go. They have made a martyr of him and made the whole situation the issue rather than that of immigration. Serves 'em right. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Obvs Lineker’s all over the news but what’s Atts done?
    Said parrots only have 2 genders

😂
    Who's a clever boy, who's a clever boy.
  • Options
    Richard Sharp the Banker and Boris Johnson's buddy as Chairman of the BBC and suddenly there's a shift to the right.
  • Options
    VERY important .. will freelance Lineker's absence be paid or unpaid ? 
  • Options
    Two people sharing a drink - and with something in common too

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Don't lock the thread and relegate the discussion to a stupid sub-board only read by nerds. I want to see what people actually think of this

Regardless of whether you agree with what Lineker has to say, he's breached impartiality rules and decided to stick by it.

Reckon he was planning on jacking it in anyway, and thought he'd go out with a bit of publicity for his next gig, as I doubt he'll be completing frozen out of mainstream media, as other have been. 

GB News = 1000/1
    Channel 4 = 1/2
    Charlton Live = 50/1

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm awaiting @MrBurns nuanced, serious and balanced take on this matter to form my opinion.  
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Gribbo said:
    Leuth said:
    Don't lock the thread and relegate the discussion to a stupid sub-board only read by nerds. I want to see what people actually think of this

Regardless of whether you agree with what Lineker has to say, he's breached impartiality rules and decided to stick by it.

Reckon he was planning on jacking it in anyway, and thought he'd go out with a bit of publicity for his next gig, as I doubt he'll be completing frozen out of mainstream media, as other have been. 

GB News = 1000/1
    Channel 4 = 1/2
    Charlton Live = 50/1

These rules are breached all the time, though! Why claim a major scalp now? 

As I said, ugly as this is, not airing a program that analyses why our nature is being destroyed AS IT MIGHT ANGER A POLITICAL DEMOGRAPHIC is what's really driving me mad 
    That even portrays (some) farmers in a really positive light!!
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Saw the thread title and thought this was a new TV show.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Gribbo said:
    Leuth said:

GB News = 1000/1
    Channel 4 = 1/2
    Charlton Live = 50/1

These rules are breached all the time, though! Why claim a major scalp now? 

As I said, ugly as this is, not airing a program that analyses why our nature is being destroyed AS IT MIGHT ANGER A POLITICAL DEMOGRAPHIC is what's really driving me mad 
    Because Linekers a jug eared c***?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbs 33-1
  • Options
    I don't really understand why a football presenter has to be impartial politically? I mean, I'm assuming he's not treating MOTD like question time ?? 

I get news reporters journalists etc as its about being seen to be balanced in reporting the news, but when did light entertainers ever fall under that remit??? 

Doesn't Graham Norton make anti tory jokes on his show? Have I got news for you has Ian Hislopp holding sermon on a weekly basis... I just don't follow the logic of this at all.

Saying that I don't think I've watched a BBC programme in at least a decade!

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Alan Shearer won't appear on MOTD either, now in solidarity with Gary Lineker.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    What we may well see now is people seeking evidence of BBC presenters showing a lack of impartiality and getting away with it. A quick google shows the BBC Trust which was charged with investigating a complaint against Laura Kuensberg found her guilty of it in 2017. What happened? The trust was dispanded soon afterwards. I can see no apology on her part. I'm sure there are loads of examples out there.

I had no issue with Lineker tweeting Bin Corbyn, and I don't recall Tory MPs or the BBC having a problem with it either. He didn't do it on MOTD and it was his view.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!