Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD Peterborough vs Charlton Athletic. Tuesday 28th Feb 19.45

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Thought we looked better against 11 men to be honest. Can see why Holden went the way he did when they went down to 10, but we never really looked like creating anything the moment we went 2 in the middle.

We’re a mid table team, playing like a mid table team, who will finish mid table. Not sure what other people’s expectations are for the rest of the season, but that’s sadly where we are. 

We will win some games, and we will lose some games before the end of the season. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Frustrating night. We looked better, but we could have played all night and not scored. The highlights: pre-match drinks in a real ale bar on a boat; best ref of the season; the chant to the rabbity mascot, "you can stick your fucking carrot up your arse". There were no footballing highlights. 
    Nice boat that. 
  • Options
    ''and then Penney, looking about a comfy as a giraffe on roller skates''.

Great quote from Ken_Shabby above. Worst player apart from Mike Small (years ago)
    that I've seen in a Charlton shirt. Surely they won't give him another contract!
  • Options
    Peterborough seemed to be in 2nd gear for most of the game and there for the taking but we barely got a shot on target, despite our huff and puff. Sessegnon was easily our best player and made a few missed opportunities. Great save from AMB to keep the scores level. Clare had his normal hot and cold game. RS was awful tonight and most refs would have sent him off for lashing out at Knight. Penney was beyond poor - I don't think I've ever given a player a mark below 4 before. Fortunately he was only on for a few minutes. Overall. a huge missed opportunity to beat a woeful Peterborough team. 
  • Options
    No real quality out there on the pitch, and a curiously directionless feel to everything. Too many mishit passes, scuffed shots and lost aerial balls. We've either seen better from all these players, or they've been better elsewhere in their careers. As to who can mould them into a decent team...I don't know, given the issues at the club.

After recent results a clean sheet + point away from home is probably worth accepting.
  • Options
    Terrible game. We looked more solid at the back, with all 3 CBs playing well, but as an attacking threat were awful. Poor shooting, but also poor movement.

Sometimes when set pieces or crosses come across and there's nobody there you can blame the taker, but tonight as Brownie noted there was a complete lack of attacking instinct in box to move into and attack the space. That has to be a coaching issue, as with the height we have, we should be a threat at set pieces. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Caught the last 20 mins on a hooky stream. Apparently you can watch the whole game again on charlton tv. Does anyone do that?
  • Options
    Absolutely awful. Bonne and Penney are not footballers. JRS should have seen red for sure. 
  • Options
    Holden said 4th official told him a red for Posh player but it would be a yellow for Rak-Sakyi and the player said he did not hit the player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like Fraser but Jesus his touch was abysmal. Honestly I watch my 8 Year old grandson play every week and he seems to have better first touch! A point, a clean sheet, another disappointing game. Roll on next season.
  • Options
    Didn’t see the game but it doesn’t sound good from the match thread.
    I’m trying to find some positives. 

Hector continues to improve?
    Leaburn fit enough to play some part.
    Err we didn’t lose?

What a waste of a season.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    I like Fraser but Jesus his touch was abysmal. Honestly I watch my 8 Year old grandson play every week and he seems to have better first touch! A point, a clean sheet, another disappointing game. Roll on next season.
    Im seriously wondering if Fraser was pissed tonight and was seeing 2 balls. There's no other reason why his touch was so awful.

• Options
    ''and then Penney, looking about a comfy as a giraffe on roller skates''.

Great quote from Ken_Shabby above. Worst player apart from Mike Small (years ago)
    that I've seen in a Charlton shirt. Surely they won't give him another contract!
    Worse than Pavel Abbott ? Or Marcus Bent?
  • Options
    Positives: A point away from home which is always good and now 10 points above 21st which is a reasonable cushion.

Negatives: Plenty but others have listed those so no need for me to.
  • Options
    Dobson absolute class, the rest were not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Corey blackett taylor dissapoints me so much, I had high hopes for him this season to prove he was a championship player, now I see why tranmere released him. 
    Sean clare, Jack payne, Corey, Fraser and Morgan. They never reach the consistency to take us out of this league, which is a shame as on their day they are brilliant. 

Regarding the hierarchy of the club, I don't care at all anymore, if someone is gonna takeover then bloody well do it. I really believed in project garner and thought given a couple seasons, we could produce amazing football, not happening now.
  • Options
    13th in League One, effectively 19 points off the top six and 10 points above the drop zone (below teams like Wycombe, Shrewsbury, Fleetwood and Exeter). 
    What a time to be alive!! 
  • Options
    Our attacks consisted of cross field pass after cross field pass, wait for the opposition to all get back and in position and then lose the ball or a tame punt into a crowded box. We need to mix it up and be direct with early balls into the area. Wasn’t impressed with Holden’s subs, we went from exerting some mild pressure to holding on for the draw against ten men.
  • Options
    Plymouth on Saturday. Pile of shit that's going to be.
  • Options
    Penny dreadful
    Bonne invisible
    One goal scored in 4 games
    Season over in Feb as usual. 
  • Options
    Our attacks consisted of cross field pass after cross field pass, wait for the opposition to all get back and in position and then lose the ball or a tame punt into a crowded box. We need to mix it up and be direct with early balls into the area. Wasn’t impressed with Holden’s subs, we went from exerting some mild pressure to holding on for the draw against ten men.
    We played with ten men the whole game.