Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAMBRIDGE AWAY TICKETS NOW ON SALE (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    Greater Anglia timetable for Saturday 18th March
    Dep Liverpool St 28 mins past the hour, journey time 1 Hour 24 mins
    Dep Liverpool St 58 mins past the hour, journey time 1Hour 10 mins

Dep Cambridge 03 mins past the hour, journey time 1 Hour12 mins
    Dep Cambridge 20 mins past the hour, journey time 1Hour 25mins
    Last train deps at 21.20 arrives 22.45
     Return Fare £15.90 [£10.45]

Thameslink/Greater Northern timetable
    Dep Kings Cross 02 mins past the hour, journey time 1Hour 10
    Dep Kings Cross 28 mins past the hour, journey time 1 Hour 27 mins

Dep Cambridge  24 mins past the hour, journey time 1 hour approx
    Last train deps at 20.58arrives at 21.59
    Return fare £20.70 [£13.65]
    Raicard fares in brackets

• Options
    72 left good effort 👏
  • Options
    Brought mine this morning 
  • Options
    clive said:

The rail website suggests that the kings cross service has a bus replacement service from Royston to Cambridge incurring a 30 minute delay because it will call at the village stations (Meldreth, Shepreth and Foxton)   along the A10 into Cambridge.
  • Options
    5 of us meeting at the Corner House for lunch,  Your Parking Space booked in Tesco's & then short walk to the ground.  
  • Options
    5 of us meeting at the Corner House for lunch,  Your Parking Space booked in Tesco's & then short walk to the ground.  
    Hi Fanny, how did you book the parking space at Tesco's and what was the cost? Thanks.
  • Options
    clive said:

The rail website suggests that the kings cross service has a bus replacement service from Royston to Cambridge incurring a 30 minute delay because it will call at the village stations (Meldreth, Shepreth and Foxton)   along the A10 into Cambridge.
     Not showing that on the Thameslink site.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Hi Fanny, how did you book the parking space at Tesco's and what was the cost? Thanks.
    No problem.

I went onto the Your Parking Space site, input the postcode of the ground & up popped a few options including Tesco's, Cheddars Lane, Newmarket Rd , CB58LD .

I booked in the 3 cars in our group @ £ 8.25 each from 11.30-18.00.

I think 0.3 miles from carpark to the ground was quoted.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    clive said:

Indeed it isnt. However on The National Rail site if you look to travel from Rainham to Cambridge it shows a bus leg from Royston to Cambridge. There has been engineering work on this section overnight this week and it is possible that they havent removed it from all the travel sites fearing it would overun into the weekend.   If travelling by train via kings cross it might be worth building the possible extra half hour into the journey to be on the safe side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KettsJohn said:
    No problem.

I went onto the Your Parking Space site, input the postcode of the ground & up popped a few options including Tesco's, Cheddars Lane, Newmarket Rd , CB58LD .

Hope that helps.
    Tesco at Cheddar Lane is fairly close to the ground but can be full of shoppers on a Saturday. The Newmarket Road park and ride is further away with a shuttle bus to the ground. The parking is free but the bus return fare is about £2.50 per person on matchday and there are group tickets on the bus as well. They apparently run extra buses on this route  for Saturday home matches. 
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    No problem.

Hope that helps.
    Tesco at Cheddar Lane is fairly close to the ground but can be full of shoppers on a Saturday. The Newmarket Road park and ride is further away with a shuttle bus to the ground. The parking is free but the bus return fare is about £2.50 per person on matchday and there are group tickets on the bus as well. They apparently run extra buses on this route  for Saturday home matches. 
    May well be, that's why we booked our spaces.

Driving means there's never any guarantee that you'll arrive when the Sat Nav states you will due to unexpected hold ups en route so I'd rather pay a bit more to ensure a space will be there whenever we do arrive....and only a short walk from the Stadium too. 
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    No problem.

Hope that helps.
    Great thanks. Been looking at where to park and this seems ideal. Appreciate this. 
  • Options
    clive said:

Indeed it isnt. However on The National Rail site if you look to travel from Rainham to Cambridge it shows a bus leg from Royston to Cambridge. There has been engineering work on this section overnight this week and it is possible that they havent removed it from all the travel sites fearing it would overun into the weekend.   If travelling by train via kings cross it might be worth building the possible extra half hour into the journey to be on the safe side.
    Just looking at Kings Cross to Cambridge trains on Saturday, on National Rail enquiries, there's no mention of any bus leg.
  • Options
    I'll be driving anyway. Happy to use one of the park and ride options. £3.50 to use park and ride buses all day
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    No problem.

Hope that helps.
    That's what I'm doing. Park and ride is frequent and efficient 
  • Options
    Sold out.
  • Options
    Yeah, tried to get mine last night and could only get singles. Great job to sell out. Sad to miss out but should have got myself organised earlier.!
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    No problem.

Hope that helps.

Driving means there's never any guarantee that you'll arrive when the Sat Nav states you will due to unexpected hold ups en route so I'd rather pay a bit more to ensure a space will be there whenever we do arrive....and only a short walk from the Stadium too. 

Fanny, how does it work with a reserved space at a Tesco carpark? Are they numbered?

I've only ever used Your Parking Space for someone's driveway, but thinking Tesco could be the one for tomorrow. Thanks.
  • Options
    Yeah, tried to get mine last night and could only get singles. Great job to sell out. Sad to miss out but should have got myself organised earlier.!
    Bet you can buy in home stands though…..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    KettsJohn said:
    No problem.

Hope that helps.

Fanny, how does it work with a reserved space at a Tesco carpark? Are they numbered?

I've only ever used Your Parking Space for someone's driveway, but thinking Tesco could be the one for tomorrow. Thanks.
    ‘I went onto the Your Parking Space site, input the postcode of the ground & up popped a few options including Tesco's, Cheddars Lane, Newmarket Rd , CB58LD .

I think 0.3 miles from carpark to the ground was quoted.‘
  • Options
    Does that answer my question?
  • Options
    Anyone on the 12:58 fancy sharing an Uber to the ground, let me know. 👍
  • Options
    great effort to sell out given the actual game is a bit of a non event really
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Does that answer my question?

Your number plate is recorded by the parking company policing the car park, so you are excempt of any penalty charges, you just park anywhere in the car park. That is what happens at Asda in Charlton when I have used it. 
  • Options
    As me and my mates say ‘day on the beer, interrupted by 90 minutes of football’ 😃

That said, I think it’s a) easy to get to (train problems aside), b) a lovely city, and c) has more pubs than you can shake a shitty stick at

The ground is awful though….
  • Options
    Anyone need a spare? One of our party has dropped out so private message me if anyone is after one
  • Options
    Sold out.
    Like I said, former premier league giant. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    KettsJohn said:
    No problem.

Hope that helps.

Bit late to the party today but @Dansk_Red's explanation is correct. 

Hope there are spaces still available. 
  • Options
    I’m sure if it had been on a Saturday last season it wouldn’t have this time.