Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forest Green Rovers v Charlton - In Depth Match Preview + Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Often argue with my son around keeping clean sheets versus scoring more goals. He'd be saying that as long as we dont concede then we win. He's right of course but this is 3rd tier football so I'm saying we need at least another 1 to get something from this game. 
    How many sons have you got?  You seem to have that argument daily on here.
  • Options
    FFS Inniss. 
    Description please
  • Options
    FGR have us under pressure but we break quick, comes to nothing now FGR breaking down to our end... and.... nothing, wide.
  • Options
    Gills 1-0 Lapslie
  • Options
    We seem to be struggling to get our striker into the game in recent weeks seasons

• Options
    ross1 said:
    FFS Inniss. 
    Description please
    Just stood with the ball doing nothing in our box and had it nicked off him. 
  • Options
    FG forward again, and have a shout for a pen but the ref doesn't give it. We break down the other end with CBT, but can't make the most of it, and FG counter but shoot over.
  • Options

58' Bakayoko hits one. His effort goes high and wide.
  • Options
    We are so much better than them but this being charlton you just know what is coming ....
  • Options
    Chuks looks like he’s won a competition to play for the night 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    How is it we make every team we play against,look so good…🤔 & it’s a dreadful game of footy 
  • Options
    Ooh, nice bit of hold up play from Aneke, looks to play in JRS but he ends up bundling over his man and the ref gives them a free kick
  • Options
    How is it we make every team we play against,look so good…🤔 & it’s a dreadful game of footy 
    One of the few benefits of being shit.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    We need to freshen things up a bit, and yes, maybe time for Bonne and go 4-4-2
    they are getting too much into this and we need a second 
  • Options
    FG come forward down our right, JRS blocks the cross but concedes the corner.
  • Options
    Corner goes deep far post, headed into the area but we head clear and it's out for an FG throw.
  • Options
    Can people please not post "ffs" etc. Please explain properly. Those of us not watching in the UK (or with a temporary French passport) have no idea what's happened otherwise.
    Tbf, if the FFS is followed by the name inniss,  you can picture what's happened.
  • Options
    ufff, decent ball in from FGr on the right, just didnt get a head to it. 
  • Options
    Erk. Cross into our box goes over the defenders heads but luckily out for a goal kick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

·
    63' THAT WAS CLOSE! It's a beautiful cross into the box by McGeouch, but Cooper can't quite get enough contact on his header.
  • Options
    FG down our right but the cross balloons off the forward's head into AMB's arms
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Another ball in from FG and forward miss times his header, glances it high and safe.
  • Options
    Ness tries to play the ball forward to CBT but it's cut out, but then FG spoon it out for our throw.
  • Options
    We seem to be struggling to get our striker into the game in recent weeks
    I think it's almost impossible to play to any strikers strengths AND use the two wingers well.  They aren't beat a man and put it on a sixpence wingers are they?

Really you want your center foward to either drag the center back out wide to make space or drop into midfield to give you an extra man.
  • Options
    Come on Charlton, one more goal and we can start dreaming again   :)
  • Options
    Rapidly turning into one of those performances we have had far too many of recently.

No control of the game now and it's only the fact FGR are so shit - so far - in front of goal that keeps us in front.
  • Options
    The player who spooned out seems to have hurt himself, so he's being subbed off and Robbie Savage's son is coming on.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Can't decide what I think of Kilkenny tbh. Some good, plenty not 
    Same. I think the tools are there but he massively drifts out of games. At this point, he's had so little football this season that I think at least some of it could be down to lack of match sharpness. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We seem to be struggling to get our striker into the game in recent weeks
    I think it's almost impossible to play to any strikers strengths AND use the two wingers well.  They aren't beat a man and put it on a sixpence wingers are they?

Really you want your center foward to either drag the center back out wide to make space or drop into midfield to give you an extra man.
    I was going to say it feels almost like I’d rather we played a false 9 in that position, because at the moment game after game the one up top just gets swallowed up by the opposition centre backs. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!