Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forest Green Rovers v Charlton - In Depth Match Preview + Match Thread

edited February 2023 in General Charlton
Team News 

Inniss red card has been rescinded and he’s now free to forearm smash some opposing vegan tonight. Don’t think there’s anything else of note. 

Line Up

same shite as Saturday 

Prediction 

Same shite as Saturday.

Not sure why I don’t do these more often…

Comments

• Options
    Because we enjoy reading your shite AFKA 👍🤣
  • Options
    Bonne made some good runs first half against Fleetwood. Everyone studiously avoided passing to him. Maybe if we've practiced getting the ball to the striker, a Bonne hattrick (admittedly probably needs 30 decent chances) 
  • Options
    I'd change it up a bit tonight

Maynard-Brewer
    Inniss Ness Thomas
    Sessegnon Kilkenny Dobson Fraser Blackett-Taylor
    Rak-Sakyi Leaburn 

Wollacott Hector Morgan Payne Campbell Bonne Aneke

No idea if it will work or is even feasible, and I don't know if Clare or Penney can play at all so I left them out completely.

I don't really care either, just want us to get enough points now to not worry about going down, and then we can focus on getting as much of the shit out of our club as possible, players, coaching staff, owners, burger boys, whoever they may be
  • Options
    Merci Beaucoup M. @AFKABartram, a true work of literary genius .. 

a visit to a place that no-one's ever heard of to see us play a team that has risen from obscurity and will be back there soon ..
    I have a soft spot for FGR, their last minute, last game exploits (along with Port Vale) won me a nice tidy lump of cash at the  very end of last season
    However, I am a cupboard lover so I hope we do a vegan bash tonight and leave them as battered as a bowl of mashed potato (with no butter)

Forest Green Rovers 0 v CAFC 2
  • Options
    Bonne made some good runs first half against Fleetwood. Everyone studiously avoided passing to him. Maybe if we've practiced getting the ball to the striker, a Bonne hattrick (admittedly probably needs 30 decent chances) 
    Did you see his effort from the quick free kick (the one where Fraser got booked for getting on with the game) in the second half?

I didn't mind Bonne in his first spell, I wasn't aboard the Bonne-haters Omnibus, but bugger me, that was woeful on Saturday ... and that was one of his better efforts against Fleetwood.

I think if we'd been playing Fleetwood Mac instead of Fleetwood Town Stevie Nicks would have managed to keep Bonne scoreless.
  • Options
    You forgot to mention that it was FGR that Inniss performed a forearm smash (trying to score a last-minute winner and deciding on a red card instead) upon in the reverse fixture! I think
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Iniss' red being rescinded is 1) correct, and 2) gives us more options at the back.

Richard Chin playing in the U21s today makes me think at least one of Clare or Penney will be fit. Hector not playing in the U21s makes me think he'll make the bench.

I don't know. 

..................AMB
    Clare Hector Ness Sess.... ....Morgan Dobson Fraser
    JRS...... Bonne....... Campbell

Wollacott, Inniss, Thomas, Kilkenny, Payne, CBT, Aneke

If more players were fit, I would say it's time to start making some changes at the back. I think for tonight it will primarily be whoever is fit, both at FB, and to come in for Inniss at CB. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It does all depend on the fitness of the full backs. If two of Clare, Penney and Sessegnon are fit enough, they will play. I suspect not though and Sess will have to start. I much prefersta Inniss to Thomas so that's good. The midfield will be the same so it's whether CBT announces he can't be arsed before the game or after an hour whether Campbell starts or not. If fit, it would be great for Miles to start, but I expect Bonne to embarrass himself again while we get other forwards fitter.

1-1. Fraser to score.
  • Options
    Sorry boss @AFKABartram I’ve fallen off a cliff with these previews. I’ll do better in future, just not for Peterborough :smile: 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    You forgot to mention that it was FGR that Inniss performed a forearm smash (trying to score a last-minute winner and deciding on a red card instead) upon in the reverse fixture! I think
    It was in the original draft Leuth but I ran out of space so had to edit. I did wonder if anyone would pick up the clue 
    Our resident Ryanologist would, ofc
  • Options
    I saw the team coach pull out of Sparrows Lane just after 6pm last night thinking it was a strange time to leave. However I am guessing they would have eaten at the training ground.
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Bottom of the league if we can't win up there we can kiss goodbye to any chance of making the playoffs going for a good 3-1 win to the mighty CAFC Come On You Reds  : B)
    We kissed goodbye to the playoffs long ago
  • Options
    Team News 

Inniss red card has been rescinded and he’s now free to forearm smash some opposing vegan tonight. Don’t think there’s anything else of note. 

Line Up

same shite as Saturday 

Prediction 

Same shite as Saturday.

Not sure why I don’t do these more often…
    That’s a disgrace.
    My Highlight of the Week, gone :-(
  • Options
    Lose tonight and win at Derby

It’s the Charlton way 
    True dat!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have a theory!!!

The Valley pitch is crap down the wings and doesn't help our wide players
    Away the pitches are better
    We are unable to break down team at the Valley that park the bus
    We do quite well against teams that play open footie (Bolton excepted)

therefore

if FGR have a decent pitch we will win as I assume they won't have their bus out at home

Simple

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Iniss' red being rescinded is 1) farcical, and 2) means we're still out of options at the back.

an alternative view
  • Options
    I take no pleasure in saying this but for the first time I genuinely could not give a flying wotsit that we have a game tonight. 
  • Options
    AMB injured, Inniss in wrong frame of mind and Ness already booked a romantic dinner in Sevenoaks where he's going to propose so

Wollacott
    Egbo, Thomas, Hector, Sessegnon 
    Morgan Dobson Kilkenny 
    JRS Aneke Bonne

3 - 3
  • Options
    Stream purchased, ordering in a Chinese, can’t think of a better way to spend Valentines evening, thankfully hubby is also Charlton mad.
    Fair play to the 700 odd travelling up there, I guess it’s at least one day if not two days out of your week.
    Loving the preview, did give me a chuckle, with all that’s going on we need to be able to laugh.
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Bottom of the league if we can't win up there we can kiss goodbye to any chance of making the playoffs going for a good 3-1 win to the mighty CAFC Come On You Reds  : B)
    We are still along way off making them but I got to keep some hope but it's more like two hope's one being Bob Ha 
  • Options
    Getting the ball to <the> striker is not the Charlton way, 700 sideways and rearward passes until an inconsistent winger can attempt to walk one into the net is the directive, you know this….
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Yeah but we probably missed….
  • Options
    COYR
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!