Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dean Holden & Anthony Hayes Q & A at Bromley Addicks on Thursday 19 January.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the updates folks. I’m sure others, like me, who were unable to attend really appreciate them.
    Was anything said about the takeover? Thought that would be a hot topic.
  • Options
    The training pitches have been waterlogged since the arrival of DH, so the players are training on half a pitch or astro turf. 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Thanks for the updates folks. I’m sure others, like me, who were unable to attend really appreciate them.
    Was anything said about the takeover? Thought that would be a hot topic.
    No, because I thought he would say he didn't know & probably doesn't. 
  • Options
    Re injuries - all players may be handled differently/individually.

So Inniss & Aneke for example are managed differently. Perhaps more recovery allowed and not pushed too hard to cause another injury.

Inniss is a model professional & Holden wants tough players like him.

Ness is very mature & sensible with an excellent attitude.

AMB has the gloves & it's up to Wollacott to get them back.

Wollacott is returning to training but needs more time for his fracture/break to toughen up.

Aneke could be in the squad for Saturday as he's not far off. 

Hayes said Stockley had been frustrated missing chances early in the season & we hadn't played to his strength with a lack of crosses.

Kane will be out for a number of weeks. 
    Was there no comment about our continual injury curse?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might be worth asking Holden how well he knew Rodwell, Scott and Methven before he took our job and who approached him about this one?
    I asked Dean who was responsible for him joining as it obviously wasn't TS. 
    He asked why it couldn't be TS. I replied because he knows nothing about football.
    He didn't really say who was responsible. 
    Predictable answer but a question that had to be asked. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The training pitches have been waterlogged since the arrival of DH, so the players are training on half a pitch or astro turf. 
    That’s a bit pony for a pro club ..

Cat 1 you’re having a laugh …caravans and a pond 🙄
    Talking of cat 1, I don't think it has ben mental yet.

The question was put to Hayes on where we failed and if we will try again.

Hayes said we were understaffed in a couple of areas (sports science for one) and needed some structural work he said roughly around £1.7-£1.9m(if I remember the figures correctly I'm sure someone can correct me if I am wrong) the owner would need to spend.

However a big barrier was we are a league 1 club and even if we did all that was required it was highly unlikely we would get it still as the Premier League don't want to start giving out Cat 1 status to league 1 clubs.

So no point doing what is required until we get promoted 
    Thanks for posting. I understood the staffing figures were not high enough, but c£1.8m suggests more than snagging. Sounds like we are missing something major. Maybe some medical equipment like the new oxygen treatment rooms? 
    Such a shame to have come so far and still not be in touching distance.
  • Options

So Inniss & Aneke for example are managed differently. Perhaps more recovery allowed and not pushed too hard to cause another injury.

Wollacott is returning to training but needs more time for his fracture/break to toughen up.

Hayes said Stockley had been frustrated missing chances early in the season & we hadn't played to his strength with a lack of crosses.

Holden couldn't comment on what has happened in the past, although existing staff have fully briefed him. 
    He is concentrating on the future and managing players to their individual needs. 
    Thanks @coveredend

I understand that but he could have commented about Kane being injured so soon after joining. 

Is it a case of the club always recruiting injury prone players or bad luck, if so, we do seem to have our fair share of it, don’t we?
  • Options
    Tinpot 
  • Options

Holden couldn't comment on what has happened in the past, although existing staff have fully briefed him. 
    He is concentrating on the future and managing players to their individual needs. 
    Thanks @coveredend

I understand that but he could have commented about Kane being injured so soon after joining. 

Is it a case of the club always recruiting injury prone players or bad luck, if so, we do seem to have our fair share of it, don’t we?
    Yes, I’d hoped somebody would have asked him if he thinks we have a worse problem with injuries over time than other similar clubs. We all think we do because we focus on our players. It might not actually be so, and a manager coming in fresh, who says he did a lot of research on us, would have an excellent overview of that. Oh, well…
  • Options
    Defensive half or attacking half?

;)
    I reckon they’re taking it in turns mate so brace yourself for a 4-4 draw tomorrow 😉.