Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v France - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Heard on the radio today we have not beaten a team in a tournament that were ranked above us for 20 years, last time was 2002.

So come on England lets put this one to bed!!
    Feels like the sort of stat that Southgate has been breaking down over the last four years.
  • Options
    Kounde and Tchouameni on yellow cards. Target them for some shithousery 
  • Options
    It makes no difference to us though, whether they get suspended in the next match or not
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    It makes no difference to us though, whether they get suspended in the next match or not
    They also need two bookings this match to be suspended for the next. 

Get one yellow this game, and the cards get wiped (?) 
  • Options
    No, but they won't want to miss the semi so might be more cautious
  • Options

And if we win tonight, we STILL potentially have another 8 days of agony ahead of us
  • Options

And if we win tonight, we STILL potentially have another 8 days of agony ahead of us
    Win tonight, and got two games left regardless
  • Options

Win tonight, and got two games left regardless
    True, but the 3rd place playoff won't be quite as nerve wracking as the final  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon Varane could be a weak link in the French defence. run at him, put a few balls behind him, make him turn, see how he goes
  • Options
    I reckon Varane could be a weak link in the French defence. run at him, put a few balls behind him, make him turn, see how he goes
    Feel Denmark and Poland have both shown that France have big weaknesses in Defence - If we can get some of the chances those two got against them, then we'll get a goal or two.

Just need our defence to stay strong too
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Let’s hope we get to hear this a couple of times over the coming hours.

https://youtu.be/Sb1kI3cSIik
  • Options
    I wish I hadn't heard those Mbappe goalscoring stats now  :D
  • Options
    Bob's lot have us and France at 2.75 - late money going on England I suspect
  • Options
    who would have come up with Henderson as a main man in out midfield, Maddison ? Mouint ? Phillips? nah nah nah, Hendo is the boss  :)
  • Options
    This build-up feels unfathomably long
  • Options
    God sake ITV... No need to bang on about I'm a Celebrity now
  • Options
    This build-up feels unfathomably long
    always is .. every pundit, all their kin and their dogs have to talk bollocks for at least an hour before kick off .. as bad as us on here 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn’t life be easier if you didn’t like football 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    IdleHans said:
    Bob's lot have us and France at 2.75 - late money going on England I suspect
    England were 3.25 on Betfair Exchange about an hour ago. Odds have dropped since team news to 2.88 and are now shorter price than France at 2.92.

England fans getting over excited or sharp money reacting to the unchanged team?
  • Options
    We support Charlton, do we like Football?
  • Options

It would be, but it would be pointless.
  • Options
    Nice early 2 goal lead will do us fine ! Get at them straight away and cath them cold. I'm not sure I can cope with a nail biter and penalties
  • Options
    Could Henderson man mark Mbappe with Walker mopping up, or would that be a waste of time and weaken us elsewhere? 
  • Options
    Then Wembley 1998 wouldn’t have been a thing for us.

We need these bricking it moments to have the highs.

Still think they will just be better than us tonight. Couldn’t cope with pens but in reality I think they will comfortably beat us.
  • Options
    This world cup has made me pity even more people who don't like football.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Could Henderson man mark Mbappe with Walker mopping up, or would that be a waste of time and weaken us elsewhere? 
    that occurred to me, it would leave us short in the middle, BUT, I don't really rate the French m'field, they have had o put Griezmann there as they lack a bit of class ..  best to start with Walker doing a job then see how it goes .. no doubt that M'B is the main threat and he MUST be closed down close to goal, remember the brace V Poland
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I'm not sure Henderson has the pace needed to keep with Mbappe for the whole game. I think we'll have more luck trying to make France react to our game rather than being reactive to theirs.