Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v France - Match Thread

I think we will win 3-1

Starting to believe and cannot wait for kick off tomorrow 

Comments

• Options
    I think the score is gonna be 3-2....but can't decide at the moment which way.

although I do think that if we win this we'll go on and win the whole thing
  • Options
    @ForeverAddickted isnt gonna be happy #JusticeforFA

Livid mate... Livid!!

However the only World Cup Match Thread I've not started was for the Iran game.

So gonna go down the bookies and stick my crumbling house on a 6-2 win
  • Options

Last time we played France at a tournament.

Really brings home how much better the current squad is, best strength in the squad for at least 15 years or so.
    Even the French squad though has improved massively on this lot.

Although back then we'd have had Ribery to worry about instead of Mbappe

Crazy how long Lloris and Benzema have been around

That No.18 for France at least went on to have the best career of the lot of them

• Options
    I don't know if we should stick with 433 or alternate it to 532.

The man marking /zonal marking of mbappe also requires a lot of pre planning. 

I think go with 433 for the 1st 45mins, risk it analyse and identify what could be improved for the 2nd half
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I believe the only thing that will be "Coming Home" will be the England team Sunday morning, great wearing those rose tinted glasses but can't see past a loss...sorry, maybe 2 or 3-1...just my opinion mind...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Agree. 3-1 England.
  • Options
    Certainly feels there's a belief about this side.
  • Options
    Without doubt there is belief in this group and I think they are more than capable of winning the match. However I dont think we will as Southgate will try to set us up to contain the French which we will never do with our defence. If there is ever a game to say "right they are going to score so lets try and score more" then this is the one. It wont happen though and I think we will lose by atleast a couple of goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Notice some press are taking the angle that Ben White left the England squad because he had a bust up with Steve Holland, and couldnt get along with his team mates (odd when two of them are his Arsenal team mates).

Can they not just shut up writing shite stories until the World Cup is over for pissing once!!
  • Options

Really brings home how much better the current squad is, best strength in the squad for at least 15 years or so.

That No.18 for France at least went on to have the best career of the lot of them

I guess half of our side are still playing, just not for England any more!
  • Options

I guess half of our side are still playing, just not for England any more!
    Hart, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner, Welbeck...
  • Options
    2-1 France, i believe we can beat them if we are on it. However i dont think we will, if Mbappe wasn't playing i'd probably go the other way. Seems silly but i think he will be too much to deal with and even if we manage that, it will open up for Griezman & Dembele. 

Come on England! 
  • Options
    Shitting it but heart over head. 2-1 England.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    feel sick already.

No idea but I kinda don't mind going out to the France's of the world rather than to a Portugal

Also think all this talk about Mbappe is leaving the French all time top scorer to pootle along unnoticed 

• Options
    Anyway, Mbappe can't score whilst he is tracking back chasing Saka.
  • Options
    3-2 to England, don’t see how they can with our attack, assuming we actually try and play, think Southgate has learnt a lot from the Italy game which will see It Coming Home. 

Roll on 3am tomorrow morninh. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    feel sick already.

No idea but I kinda don't mind going out to the France's of the world rather than to a Portugal

Also think all this talk about Mbappe is leaving the French all time top scorer to pootle along unnoticed 

Reckon Stones | Maguire should be able to deal with Giroud
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Real 50/50 game for me, and am quiet surprised how much the wider football world is underestimating the quality in this England team. 

Think we will only win though if we don’t go into our shell and instead look to play on the front foot. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    I don't know if we should stick with 433 or alternate it to 532.

The man marking /zonal marking of mbappe also requires a lot of pre planning. 

I think go with 433 for the 1st 45mins, risk it analyse and identify what could be improved for the 2nd half
    Good video on this:

https://youtu.be/kS73OhAXp38
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Sorry Bob. Your lot closed my account for using a vpn 
  • Options
    Certainly feels there's a belief about this side.
    Apart from on charltonlife 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Without doubt there is belief in this group and I think they are more than capable of winning the match. However I dont think we will as Southgate will try to set us up to contain the French which we will never do with our defence. If there is ever a game to say "right they are going to score so lets try and score more" then this is the one. It wont happen though and I think we will lose by atleast a couple of goals
    Agree although I think it will be much closer. We will probably lose on penalties.

It would be interesting to open up the game and play it risky because, like you, I think we could win in a very high scoring game. Our defence is sometimes worrying but so is theirs. Lloris is having his worst tournament ever.

I think Sterling is a bigger miss than is made out. We may have other great attacking options but he is now reliable for England with lots of experience. We'd be better off with him than with Grealish for example.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    feel sick already.

Yeh Portugal clash would be horrific. Basically just a nightmare.

Imagine they brought on Ronaldo with 10minutes to go.

We conced a corner. Ronaldo and Harry maguire both get injured and sent off at the exact same time.

The VAR check lasts for 15mins!
  • Options
    I hope with every bone in my body that we win tonight, but my natural pessimism says France. 

Please make me wrong, England. 

• Options
    3am kick off in Hong Kong.

Venue, Garden Bar, Cheung Chau. 
  • Options
    Instead of making predictions in my mind, making bets etc

I'm just going to watch and allow englands football to do the talking without any pre judgement or guesses.

As long as the pub ain't overwhelmed with a mad crowd and I can still see a big screen, then I'm happy.

It's a likely red bull post work pre kick off situation....followed by 10pints....hopefully then followed by a celebration of madness, an awful kebab and hardly any sleep 
  • Options
    Dull, predictable, pedestrian, tiresome, unwatchable 7-0 win to England. All the goals in the first half-hour. Restless crowd chanting for Southgate to go, for taking Kane off, with fifteen minutes to go. 

Roy Keane furious.