Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match thread (+post p30): FA Cup R2 replay: Stockport v Charlton, 7th Dec 2022

Comments

• swordfish said:
    That Collar bloke's got a thick neck.
    I’ld stick my neck out and say he’ll score again. If I’m wrong, I’ll take it on the chin.
  • Hayes hasn't a clue either.

Dobson on for Aneke.

No striker on the pitch AGAIN 
  • TV just had CBT on the bench.
    He's on the bench in reality too.
    put the bench on 
  • cabbles said:
    So many of our players showing how much they would struggle even in league 2.  Kirk, Morgan, Lavelle, Payne are all League 2 players.  JFC is just about capable in league One, Aneke doesn’t really look like a cheat code or whatever cringeworthy name we want to give him.

Chuks never has when he starts games.  Being unavailable for months is an issue.  The can't play 90 is noise.
  • Pretty disgraceful that our only available striker can’t even complete 90 minutes against a league 2 side. To think we had Darren Bent playing for us not that long ago.
  • Ref gives them a free kick for a foul by Dobbo near the RH touchline midway in our half. Ball into the area headed wide for our goal kick.
  • We're gonna win this, maybe pens, but we will win this..
    LIKE to agree
    LOL to disagree
     ;) 
    Flag
  • Not looking likely for Charlton to score even with Chuks, and neither striker is getting in the right positions. Sandgaard Out
  • edited December 2022
    We have three wingers Chin, Campell and Kirk. No Strikers (Aneke, no wonder he was a free transfer). We are going nowhere fast, In the old days we always had decent strikers.
    He cost us about 300k!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• An ‘exhausted’ Chuks Aneke is taken off at HT…

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry
    Let the poor bloke have a rest - he’s had a really busy 3 years……..
  • FUCKING HELL
    WE HAVE NO STRIKERS
    ZIP
    NADA
    NONE

• Campbell gets booked for an overenthusiastic challenge near the LH corner of our area.
  • I’m looks like Hayes is doing his best to make sure he does get lumbered with the job full time. 
    “Doesn’t”?
    Correct - must read before posting 
  • Well of course Campbell has "struggled defensively" he's a fucking winger!
  • Both wing backs having a nightmare defensively, really surprised we haven't changed anything 
  • Not even a foul let alone a yellow there 
  • Fucking hell
  • Free kick hit the post and out apparently.
  • Campbell booked but seemed to get the ball. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hayes out
  • Other than when he burst through and had a shot, Chin has looked very out of his depth tonight
  • So our forward line is now Kirk and payne!

I dont know whether to laugh or cry.
  • This game is free to watch and still feel like I've been mugged off. Why do we do this to ourselves?
  • Deserved to go in tbh.

• Portugal vs Switzerland to this shit tonight.

Still, Albie may turn in a Mbappe’esque performance this half…….
  • Chin and Campbell out of their depth and not helped by the experienced players around them (Payne, Kirk, Morgan and JFC) all being so shite 
  • Both wing backs having a nightmare defensively, really surprised we haven't changed anything 
    Is that the wing backs that have never played a first team game as wing backs before?
  • Best thing possible is for us to merge with Villacourt Rovers.