Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: CHARLTON ATHLETIC v CHELTENHAM TOWN / FRIDAY 2nd DECEMBER 2022 7.45pm KO

Comments

• edited December 2022
    I hope they haven’t got a pacey striker who has a foot race with Innis to a ball over the top 😫.
  • one of the strangest line ups I can recall. I have no idea how this is going to go but I’m struggling to understand what planet Ben is on despite his limited options 
  • edited December 2022
  • RedChaser said:
    I hope they haven’t got a pacey striker who has a foot race with Innis to a ball over the top 😫.
    Inniss is quite quick! 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Imagine how Lavelle must feel , almost feels like a protest selection to me this 
    Serves him right for playing like shit.
  • Gribbo said:
    Good point Gribbo, well placed... ;)
  • Come back Roland all is forgiven. I suspect BG will be out before Christmas…
  • SDAddick said:
    Making a point in a league game would be incredibly dumb and childish. It was dumb and childish when Slade did it in the last preseason friendly. The only one who should probably be starting is Chuks, but we know the gamble that is, and we know he can't play 90. 

Dropping Lavelle...felt inevitable. I mean it's a 17 year old and a what, 21 year old who has never played in the league? But it's hard to argue given that he's just been poor.

My biggest question is where is Deji? He must be hurt, because he's been out of the last 2-3 squads, unless Garner really, really doesn't fancy him? But it would be weird to recall him before Ness only for him not not even make the squad.
    My only assumption is that Garner's been told Deji was the best youth CB we had so called him back in but he's seen him in training and not liked what he saw. Whispers that he's been going backwards in his development hasn't there?

How can Deji be behind Mitchel and Ness?
    No strikers; Tory dream.

Paid £10 but will only watch on phone and watch World Cup on TV and Lap top.

Charlton in limbo yet again.
    How can we say that he should be ahead? There has to be a reason he's not playing which is either an injury or Garner thinks Mitchell and Ness are better.
    I think Deji has Barkeritus a couple of glimpses of promise and was hailed as the second coming.
  • Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Inniss is quite quick! 
    Ok if you say so, I’m not confident with him being the man in the middle of a back 3.
  • Think Garners been on the cocktails ! 🍹🍸
  • Sponsored links:

• Memories from Curbs and Minto on that game V Pompey, and a roof leaking in The Covered End, what a game...👍
  • Do none of you remember him saying a few of these players were on final warnings before being dropped? I think maybe we can see who he was talking about 
  • Leuth said:
    Do none of you remember him saying a few of these players were on final warnings before being dropped? I think maybe we can see who he was talking about 
    Be interested to see if Stockley was one... You would expect so, but if not its only Lavelle that has been dropped, and Kirk maybe... 
  • Empty ground, PA system too loud. Depressing 
  • Leuth said:
    Do none of you remember him saying a few of these players were on final warnings before being dropped? I think maybe we can see who he was talking about 
    Be interested to see if Stockley was one... You would expect so, but if not its only Lavelle that has been dropped, and Kirk maybe... 
    Kirk is a very hot and cold player but looks good on the eye not doing a lot and looks a bit lazy even when he isn't being.  A strange player.
    Ten minutes before kick off ...

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Kirk is a very hot and cold player but looks good on the eye not doing a lot and looks a bit lazy even when he isn't being.  A strange player.
    Yeah I feel with Kirk that you kind of know that you're not gonna get consistent performances from him, so if Garner doesn't like that, don't pick him at all
    Hope the new owners aren't watching tonight.
  • We appear to have two children in defence 
    We'll be stuffed in the second half as they'd have gone to bed at HT.
  • Roger Alwen...lovely to see and hear him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Literally nobody wants to be there 
  • I think we’re trying to confuse Cheltenham 
  • Leuth said:

Looking at our last league game at Port Vale, the five players dropped: Maynard-Brewer, Lavelle, CBT, Kirk, Stockley.
  • Just turned up against my better judgement, wtf is that side?! 
  • This us now, quite emotional watching on CATV
  • Looking forward to seeing the old players and management from 1992 coming out pre match, just a shame doesn't look like as many as they would have hoped there to give them a cheer
  • I was going to watch our game with the World Cup on a 2nd tv. Charlton just got relegated to the 2nd tv.
    Hope the new owners aren't watching tonight.
    No-one else is bothering.
  • OK folks and folkesses, eyes down for 90+ minutes of car crash TV ...
  • Ground is empty, wish I could've got there, I was 30 yrs ago.....my spiritual home! TBH I'm quite emotional tonight.. please can we get a decent owner...Roger deserves a far better legacy!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!