Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: CHARLTON ATHLETIC v CHELTENHAM TOWN / FRIDAY 2nd DECEMBER 2022 7.45pm KO

Comments

• He doesn't have many options does he. He is making a point.....that Lavelle is not very good and Eleware has failed to push on.
  • Amazed Mitchell is starting. He looked so out of his depth down at Plymouth recently it was frightening.
  • It will have to be Garnerball at it's best because we wont be winning anything in the air upfront. 
  • Wouldn't it have been better to have played Clare as one of the center backs and DJ as right wing back and Kirk in the team somewhere?

I mean what ever why you shuffle it its not great is it.
  • Bloody hell that’s grim. 
  • edited December 2022
    It will have to be Garnerball at it's best because we wont be winning anything in the air upfront. 
    Nothing new there then Golfie...🤷‍♂️
  • It will have to be Garnerball at it's best because we wont be winning anything in the air upfront. 
    Same as usual then.

Our problem in recent weeks is keeping the ball in the attacking half of the pitch because every time it goes up to Jayden, it comes back.

I'm actually looking forward to watching DJ's hold up play. The lad is far stronger than people think. Not saying he's going to be world beating but reckon he might surprise a few.
  • edited December 2022
    SDAddick said:
    Making a point in a league game would be incredibly dumb and childish. It was dumb and childish when Slade did it in the last preseason friendly. The only one who should probably be starting is Chuks, but we know the gamble that is, and we know he can't play 90. 

Dropping Lavelle...felt inevitable. I mean it's a 17 year old and a what, 21 year old who has never played in the league? But it's hard to argue given that he's just been poor.

My biggest question is where is Deji? He must be hurt, because he's been out of the last 2-3 squads, unless Garner really, really doesn't fancy him? But it would be weird to recall him before Ness only for him not not even make the squad.
    My only assumption is that Garner's been told Deji was the best youth CB we had so called him back in but he's seen him in training and not liked what he saw. Whispers that he's been going backwards in his development hasn't there?

How can Deji be behind Mitchel and Ness?
    No strikers; Tory dream.

Paid £10 but will only watch on phone and watch World Cup on TV and Lap top.

Charlton in limbo yet again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Wouldn't it have been better to have played Clare as one of the center backs and DJ as right wing back and Kirk in the team somewhere?

I mean what ever why you shuffle it its not great is it.
    I was thinking that, but DJ isn't a natural wingback though he does sometimes look good there. I think it's just you pick the best you can given form and injuries. DJ has played up front in his career more than Kirk has I believe.
  • Is Ben actually trying to get the sack?  Serious question. 
    He's heard that the new owners have got a big name lined up to take the managers job so he's getting out now.

And looking at this team he may get his way by 9.30pm.
  • Honestly, we had to get Lavelle out of the side 
  • Is Ben actually trying to get the sack?  Serious question. 
    He's heard that the new owners have got a big name lined up to take the managers job so he's getting out now.

And looking at this team he may get his way by 9.30pm.
    Big name.....

Must be big Sam then 😄😄😄😄
  • My Dad phoned me up earlier to ask if he should stream the game or watch Brazil v  Cameroon. Perhaps I should have told him to wait until the team came out before deciding...
  • We appear to have two children in defence 
  • edited December 2022
    Love listening to Kish, poo pooing Browney complaining about a trip to Morecombe  not being too long, when you compare trips of 8 hours in Russia, great listening tonight..
  • Imagine how Lavelle must feel , almost feels like a protest selection to me this 
  • Leuth said:
    Honestly, we had to get Lavelle out of the side 
    Defence wont be helped tonight with the fact the ball will be coming right back to them. Cant see either JRS or DJ holding the ball up or providing an "out". 
  • Kept reading on here, drop Lavelle and bring in the youth. Garner listened and still plenty of moaning 🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Our midfield will probably be several orders of magnitude better than Cheltenham's. We'll have to hope that's enough. And that DJ goes hero mode 
  • SDAddick said:
    Making a point in a league game would be incredibly dumb and childish. It was dumb and childish when Slade did it in the last preseason friendly. The only one who should probably be starting is Chuks, but we know the gamble that is, and we know he can't play 90. 

Dropping Lavelle...felt inevitable. I mean it's a 17 year old and a what, 21 year old who has never played in the league? But it's hard to argue given that he's just been poor.

My biggest question is where is Deji? He must be hurt, because he's been out of the last 2-3 squads, unless Garner really, really doesn't fancy him? But it would be weird to recall him before Ness only for him not not even make the squad.
    My only assumption is that Garner's been told Deji was the best youth CB we had so called him back in but he's seen him in training and not liked what he saw. Whispers that he's been going backwards in his development hasn't there?

How can Deji be behind Mitchel and Ness?
    No strikers; Tory dream.

Paid £10 but will only watch on phone and watch World Cup on TV and Lap top.

Charlton in limbo yet again.
    How can we say that he should be ahead? There has to be a reason he's not playing which is either an injury or Garner thinks Mitchell and Ness are better.
  • It is up to Innes and Clare to look after Mitchell and Ness.
    Whatever else they will give it their all, I would love to see a few of his trademark forays from Mitchell.
    Please let them both have decent games.
  • edited December 2022
    Kish...hahaha...what the fuck you doing....priceless!
  • Whoops! Kish drops an f-bomb 🤣
  • Kish ...... you legend! lol  :open_mouth::smile:

• Kish just dropped a fu*k into the conversation, getting a grilling from  Charlotte, this is great
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Imagine how Lavelle must feel , almost feels like a protest selection to me this 
    Relieved at not embarrassing himself again maybe? 
  • Brilliant, Kishishev drops the F bomb on Charlton TV
  • ross1 said:
    Kept reading on here, drop Lavelle and bring in the youth. Garner listened and still plenty of moaning 🤔
    If you had seen Elerewe and Mitchell at Plymouth  you would understand!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!