Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: CHARLTON ATHLETIC v CHELTENHAM TOWN / FRIDAY 2nd DECEMBER 2022 7.45pm KO

Comments

• edited December 2022
    how the how the fuck does Morgan get in the team and JFC is on the bench - in fact how is Morgan in a professional football team 

Cheltenham at home and we look like poo 🤮
    His standing foot slipped as he took his shot. I do think he misses that if he connects without a slip as it had too much on it.

Most of his play has been better than Fraser, certainly looking to make things happen. 

Typically he's going to be the whipping boy off of one shot in this game.
  • edited December 2022
    HT analysis today comes from Grandson No 2:

"The first half has been rubbish. The only exciting bit was the crossbar and goal-line clearances one after the other."

He's not wrong.

That was dire, made all the worse because it's bloody cold.

The Phantom of the Right Side, Sean Clare, is head-and-shoulders above anyone else in a red shirt whilst Sess has been good on the left.

The two kids in defence have been steady and are owed a few bags of sherbert pips and cola cubes from their central defensive partner who has been more Mr Hyde than Dr Jeckyll.

The rest? Pah.

The Legends have just been introduced and lined up on the centre circle. Give me Kish, Walshy and Yann over our current lot.
  • Seeing some of the legends on the pitch make you wonder were we've gone wrong by falling so far.

Kermorgant 
    Walsh
    Nelsen
    Jonny H. 
  • edited December 2022
    RedChaser said:
    1st half stats

possession
     Home62%
    Away38%
    Shots
    Home5
    Away7
    Shots on Target
    Home2
    Away1
    Corners
    Home2
    Away2
    Fouls
    Home3
    Away5

What that doesn't show is the quality of the chances Cheltenham had. 
    Mitchell and then Ness got crucial blocks in to save Innis’ blushes who put one of the chances on a plate, for their forwards and gift wrapped.
  • Replay makes me doubt the slip for Morgan either way that's his only real mistake, Jaiyesimi has missed a shot, JRS has missed, Inniss got no power on a header... 
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    1st half stats

possession
     Home62%
    Away38%
    Shots
    Home5
    Away7
    Shots on Target
    Home2
    Away1
    Corners
    Home2
    Away2
    Fouls
    Home3
    Away5

Mitchell and then Ness got crucial blocks in to save Innis’ blushes who put one of the chances on a plate, for their forwards and gift wrapped.
    Inniss did clear the final shot off the line...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    1st half stats

possession
     Home62%
    Away38%
    Shots
    Home5
    Away7
    Shots on Target
    Home2
    Away1
    Corners
    Home2
    Away2
    Fouls
    Home3
    Away5

Inniss did clear the final shot off the line...
    Was that the one where he tried to tee them up again or was that a little bit later 😉.
  • Second half, Cheltenham kick off.
  • Nice bit of interplay between Sessegnon and JRS, and somehow we get a corner when it looked like Sess had run it out of play,
  • Sponsored links:

• Corner in is a decent effort but cleared to our left, Morgan tries to cross but it's blocked by a hand and we get a free kick.
  • Morgan whips the free kick in to the far post, and just over Inniss' head and so it's out for a goal kick.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    how the how the fuck does Morgan get in the team and JFC is on the bench - in fact how is Morgan in a professional football team 

Cheltenham at home and we look like poo 🤮
    His standing foot slipped as he took his shot. I do think he misses that if he connects without a slip as it had too much on it.

Most of his play has been better than Fraser, certainly looking to make things happen. 

Typically he's going to be the whipping boy off of one shot in this game.
    Sorry - with respect - I don’t agree - no way is Morgan ahead of JFC or indeed any other midfield player in the squad - he is pony, one shot in a game Vs Cheltenham or not !!!

I mean - it’s fucking Cheltenham 

• Morgan comes down the right, deflects his cross off the defender to win a corner from the right.
  • IdleHans said:
    Big queues at the cocktail bar. 

That's Airman in drag - you can't fool me!
    I would guess we will have more shots than cocktails sold tonight. Both under ten    
  • Corner hits the first defender, it comes back to Fraser, and the shot is scuffed. Cheltenham clear up field and for some reason McG comes out of his area to head the ball to one of his defenders 🤷‍♂️
  • We come forward with Sean Clare, but his attempted cross balloons out for a goal kick.
  • Fraser's gonna get booked at this rate.
  • edited December 2022
    We are doing so/so first 15 mins of second half, but whatever Ben say's at half time don't seem to sink in, same old SLOw SLOW build up, we need to change up top, time for Chuks..
  • Fraser getting a talking to for a foul by the dugouts, they take the free kick but it runs through to McG.
  • Sponsored links:

• We have the ball in the back of the net!

Offside flag up though :(
  • We get the ball into the net from JRS, following a corner,  but he's flagged offside.
  • (Some nice work from Clare in the build up to that)
  • Has jasiyemi touched the ball this half?

Must be aneke time soon.
  • Clare races forward again, attempts a cross, and we appeal for a handball, but the ref is not impressed.
  • Arms stayed down no hand ball, could Clare be a RM? 
  • edited December 2022
    Looked a pen, def movement arm to ball, again we are robbed
  • Shouts of handball from the Phantom as his attempted ball into the box struck a defender.

I don't care if it hit a hand or arm, you can't give those, the player was too close to Clare to react.
  • We're playing some great stuff this half! 
  • We send the ball long out of defence, Clare is bombing forward, and forces them to put thet ball out for a corner.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!