Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: CHARLTON ATHLETIC v CHELTENHAM TOWN / FRIDAY 2nd DECEMBER 2022 7.45pm KO

Comments

• Erk, under pressure in defence, but good work from Mitchell to get the ball back
  • Dobbo loses possession, but makes a good tackle to stop them progressing but at the expense of a throw.
  • Cheltenham make a bit more progress we concede another throw that's taken long, and Aneke has to head it out for a corner.
  • 10 minutes plus to go 
  • Anyone at hone confirm if that's offside?
  • I have a bad feeling about how this will end 😐
  • I don't think there is a word in the English language that describes adequately just how slow our attacking moves are.

You could play footage of our counter attacks on fast forward, as though it was a 1920s silent comedy (with an appropriate soundtrack), and it would still seem ponderous.

The only thing that's too quick is players moving offside prior to putting the ball into the back if the net. Yes, I'm looking at you there Kirk.
  • Dont think that was offside.  Was pretty much in line with Kirk when the pass was made.
  • Why did he take so long to put it up? I don’t understand what there is to think about - he’s either on or he’s off.
  • No. 6 played him imo. Tight though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very very close but the right decision, by a fraction.
  • Beautiful ball from Fraser to Kirk, flagged offaide... Looks like the 6 played him in...just but very, very close.
  • Corner headed clear by Ness, Cheltenham try to come forwas, Payne makes a great tackle to nick the ball, goes wide to Fraser who switches over to Kirk who shoots from an angle and gets it in the net but the lino flags for offside. Replays are inconclusive as to whether he was or not.
  • Again Kirk not offside, played on by the centre half in the middle, bloody lino
  • I think their no 6 might have played him on  - marginal
  • I don't think there is a word in the English language that describes adequately just how slow our attacking moves are.

You could play footage of our counter attacks on fast forward, as though it was a 1920s silent comedy (with an appropriate soundtrack), and it would still seem ponderous.

The only thing that's too quick is players moving offside prior to putting the ball into the back if the net. Yes, I'm looking at you there Kirk.
    Thank you for that. It’s the first time I’ve smiled this evening 🙂
  • Useless VAR ... oh sorry 😬
  • Oooh nice ball from Fraser to Chuks on the edge of the area, who has a shot across goal which the keeper picks up at the second attempt.
  • Croydon said:
    Anyone at hone confirm if that's offside?
    Very very close - I'd say he was level with the 6.
  • This has been better than recent performances, especially when you consider who we have playing, but I still don't get the sense we are going to score anytime soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• That.

Was.

Shite.

0-1
  • We'd been good this half too. Fucking hell. 
  • And there you have it.

Goalkeepers trying to play as defenders.
  • I thought it was offside. Quite tight though.

And then disaster at the back
  • Oh gawd 0-1.
  • WTAF was that 0-1
  • Piss my pants
  • Fucking useless cnt. What was he thinking 
  • Really hoping that tonight's game is not the high point of my weekend.

Though I have a nasty suspicion that it is...
  • MacGillivray you absolute donut.

That's Albie Morgan's fault clearly.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!