Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Options
    Just walked past Rory Burns and 2 other Surrey players or staff in the centre of Canterbury. His hair was in a bun so not as ridiculous.
    In theory, Roy and the other batsmen out can get on it tonight as the game is over for them
    If only I had a pair of scissors, his ridiculous hair would be over too!
  • Options
    What are the bookies saying ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What are the bookies saying ? 
    Last prices matched on Betfair

Kent 2.06
    Surrey 1.90
    Draw 720.00
  • Options
    Hmm, Thought Kent would be favourites still
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Surrey over half way there, with just 3 wickets down, and a long batting lineup. Kent desperately need the new ball to count when it's taken
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Surrey over half way there, with just 3 wickets down, and a long batting lineup. Kent desperately need the new ball to count when it's taken
    Was it bumble that always said add to wickets to the score? Two more and kent are half way there and the second half includes the tail. It might me a long tail but it's still a tail.
  • Options
    Good luck to Kent today.  I'm out doing their 50+ game against Middx so will find it hard to keep up with the CC scores until later...
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Some light reading as you wait for play to begin 

https://www.100mbsports.com/biggest-ever-chases-in-first-class-cricket/
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Was it bumble that always said add to wickets to the score? Two more and kent are half way there and the second half includes the tail. It might me a long tail but it's still a tail.
    I think it's a generally accepted concept. Statistically, it is uncanny how many times one wicket immediately follows another be it because the non striker changes his game and gets out too or because the new batsman does so before acclimatising  to the conditions. We will probably hear "4 and 5 coming" or "bang, bang lads" from the Kent fielders in an attempt encourage their bowlers and also to put pressure on the batsmen at the crease. Equally, some traders will factor that in when assessing any given situation and there will be a bigger market correction at the fall of that first wicket than one might ordinarily expect.  
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Sir Geoffrey has always said add two wickets to the score. No idea who started it but Boycs certainly rammed it home down the years!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I think it's a generally accepted concept. Statistically, it is uncanny how many times one wicket immediately follows another be it because the non striker changes his game and gets out too or because the new batsman does so before acclimatising  to the conditions. We will probably hear "4 and 5 coming" or "bang, bang lads" from the Kent fielders in an attempt encourage their bowlers and also to put pressure on the batsmen at the crease. Equally, some traders will factor that in when assessing any given situation and there will be a bigger market correction at the fall of that first wicket than one might ordinarily expect.  
    I was hoping for a mini collapse when Latham got out, and instead Smith struck a 70 ball century...

We need some humidity to make the ball swing. Any chance of setting up temporary saunas around the square?
  • Options
    New ball is due but Denly is continuing to bowl with the old one. 
  • Options
    After moaning about us not bowling the spinners enough yesterday, confusing why we haven't taken the new ball now
  • Options
    After that experiment, the new ball has now been taken and is in the hands of Quinn

224 to win with 7 wickets in hand
  • Options
    On the Kent website scorecard it says that Sibley has been in for 1,284 minutes! Does the scorer think that he camped on the wicket overnight? (he's actually been in for 325 minutes) 
  • Options
    I thought we had a chance setting Surrey 501 to win. Looks like they're going to piss it.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I thought we had a chance setting Surrey 501 to win. Looks like they're going to piss it.
    If we can get Foakes and then Jacks out then the game will change. You can set fields to Sibley and he's not going to do any damage without risking his wicket in those circumstances. It's that first wicket we need and preferably sooner rather than later. 
  • Options
    Can't see Kent winning this from here now!
  • Options
    Taken nearly an hour for a ball to beat the outside with the new ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The reluctance to bowl Qadri is staggering tbh
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The reluctance to bowl Qadri is staggering tbh
    The reluctance to take a sodding wicket is p155ing me off.
  • Options
    I cant believe (well I can) that we are throwing this away

• Options
    In less than 150 runs' time this mob are going to be unbearable ... and bearing in mind their starting point on the "unbearable" scale that's going to be awful.
  • Options
    Not getting anything from the umpires either. We need one of the 50/50s to go our way or a shocker like Cox got
  • Options
    The rock that is Sibley gets his 100 in the match - off a massive 393 balls
  • Options
    In less than 150 runs' time this mob are going to be unbearable ... and bearing in mind their starting point on the "unbearable" scale that's going to be awful.
    How very dare you  🤣
  • Options
    Kent on course to get in the record books, it would appear.
  • Options
    Patience is a vitue