Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Options
    A tale of two George Linde's today  (33 off 25 balls) in the SA T20 - the one that looked like he really did not know one end of his bat from the other in scoring just 5 off his first 15 balls and the second one who resembled a destroyer of any attack with 28 off his next 9 balls before slapping one right off the middle of the bat to a leaping backward point. Let's hope that it is the second one that returns to us come April.
  • Options
    Zak Crawley out for 13 off 11 for the Hurricanes - caught off the bowling of Kent recruit Kane Richardson who returned figures of 4-0-22-2. Richardson now has figures in this season's BBL of 31.5-0-204-8 from 8 matches so an average of a wicket a game with an E/R of 6.40
    Richardson returned MOM figures of 4-0-17-2 in the Renegades 6 run win over the Stars, a game in which the Stars ended up on 156-7 from looking anything like losers at 97-1 after 10 overs
  • Options
    Quite bizarre that Beckenham’s overseas from last season, David Moody, had figures of 4-0-16-3 in the Big Bash for Melbourne Renegades on Christmas Eve...

... and hasn’t played another game! 

Haven’t seen anything re: an injury.
    Moody played his third game of the BB today but, unfortunately, had a nightmare. First ball dot, second ball hits Bancroft in the ribs with a beamer (which brought a little smile to my face given sandpaper gate), then was unlucky to be called for a wide on the "free hit" as the ball looked like it was at worse passing over the guide line and finally bowled another above waist full toss. With the result that, after one legitimate ball, he was banned from bowling again in the match. 

Seb played against Moody last season and probably won't be too disappointed if Beckenham decide not to bring him back next summer although it was good experience for him. As was facing another quick of note a couple of months ago in an South Australia Club game by the name of Spencer Johnson who plays for the Brisbane Heat and who bowls at speeds up to 150kph/93mph. Johnson did get Seb out but at least the boy managed to get some bat on the ball in being caught at mid on! 
  • Options
    Jas Singh has just returned figures of 19.1-6-54-6 playing for his club in Adelaide out of an opposition score of 306-9 declared. He took 3 wickets in his first two overs (all ducks) including that of Joe Gatting 
    Jas followed up his last game haul with figures of 21-6-49-4. His side lost by one wicket trying to defend 190 but that puts Jas' figures into perspective as does the fact that he took 13 wickets in the whole of his stint in Adelaide last season but taken 10 wickets in his last two games this time round. I'm not suggesting that he is going to make himself a fixture in the Kent First Team but he's definitely bending his back more now and bowling quicker this year as a result plus giving himself a chance to take wickets by bowling a fuller length. Hopefully he will continue on that upward curve. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I hadn't realised Denly was playing in the International League T20. Got a top scoring 58 from 43 balls today for the Sharjah Warriors, before Chris Jordan got him out

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Muyeye also, until at least the end of 2025
  • Options
    Just went to renew my club membership after they sent me an email saying I had until the end of the 31st to renew at early bird prices - the prices have gone up already. Twitter says there was a 5pm cutoff - not something that was mentioned once in the email.

I've contacted them to see if they'll still honour the deal as I followed their email instructions. I'll be very annoyed if they won't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/countycricket/darren_stevens_talks_first_class_county_snap_someones_hand_off.html

Nice interview with Stevo. It seems likely he'll join Sussex as he wants to stay near home.
  • Options
    Joe Denly signs until at least the end of 2025. Quite a big commitment for a player aged 36, and a bit of a turnaround as weren't there rumours a year or so ago that he might retire?

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/denly-signals-intent-to-play-for-kent-for-another-three-seasons-by-signing-contract-extension/
  • Options
    Talking of Joe, here's a great bit of work by Billings to run him out  :smiley:

• Options
    Thinking of buying a membership for myself and wife, but live in Dartford and was wondering what parking like in the vicinity of the ground, see they recommend the park and ride in old Dover street but for only around 750 cars and was thinking that it would be shared with tourists going into the town centre and would therefore fill up quickly. They also mention park and ride from this car park don’t say if it’s to the ground or the town centre, I struggle slightly with walking to far can do a mile or so, but much further is a right pain in my foot. Alternatively is there off street parking or other parking (pay) say in a nearby school. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
  • Options
    Thinking of buying a membership for myself and wife, but live in Dartford and was wondering what parking like in the vicinity of the ground, see they recommend the park and ride in old Dover street but for only around 750 cars and was thinking that it would be shared with tourists going into the town centre and would therefore fill up quickly. They also mention park and ride from this car park don’t say if it’s to the ground or the town centre, I struggle slightly with walking to far can do a mile or so, but much further is a right pain in my foot. Alternatively is there off street parking or other parking (pay) say in a nearby school. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
    There is a school right next to the ground (Simon Langton) and I know for t20 games you can buy a space there for £10 on the kent cricket website. Make sure you buy well in advance. The parking is the fields right next to the ground - about 5 to 10 mins walk. you have to wait a long time to get out of the car park  at the end(20 mins) but its worth it. I suspect it may not be available for 4 day games but still worth checking. not sure about one day games. I suspect  its only open on weekends and non school days. You are right about there being a park and ride at the top of old dover road. I've never used it but i get the impression its not used much as I never see much traffic coming out of it. Its a long walk up old dover road after the match so make sure you get the bus back! I did street parking a few years ago but it was a mare. Not sure if the membership covers Beckenham matches. Only been once to a one day game and there plenty of parking in the ground, and I got the impression street parking nearby was pretty good. 
  • Options
    That's good news, CK ! We've purchased a 6 pack each this time round & will aim to use 3 of them for the T20s v Surrey, Essex & Hants which take place all in the w/beg 4th June. Hope the weather is good to us ! 

We always park in the side roads  off the New Dover Rd  ( A2050) but need to get there pretty early as others do the same. 

If you put Barton Rd, CT1 3EG , in your satnav , it'll take you off new Dover Rd into a residential area where there are side roads off with , hopefully, some spaces between driveways. We tend to aim for Cobham Close which is a cul de sac but if nothing available there, poodle around the adjacent roads until we find a space. Make sure you check for parking restrictions which are on a couple of said roads. Up market houses there so no worries re safety IMO. 

Once parked, you walk back onto New Dover RD & turn right , walking back the way you drove in then cross it at a traffic island and continue down the road directly on your left ( past the Education Building/College on the corner) and  the Spitfire Ground is in sight at the end. Cross the Old Dover Rd at the traffic lights & you're there. 

Hope that helps ! Roll on the cricket season ! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I actually enjoy the longer game 4 days and 50 overs, never got into the 20 overs and less but as it’s included in the membership we will give it a go. After working for hard 55 years been looking for something to do in our retirement. Be strange packing up sandwiches and trundling down to Canterbury instead of heading off all over England and designing and overseeing multi million pound fridge plants, must admit to it not been easy retiring.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I actually enjoy the longer game 4 days and 50 overs, never got into the 20 overs and less but as it’s included in the membership we will give it a go. After working for hard 55 years been looking for something to do in our retirement. Be strange packing up sandwiches and trundling down to Canterbury instead of heading off all over England and designing and overseeing multi million pound fridge plants, must admit to it not been easy retiring.
    Cool job  ;)
  • Options
    The park and ride is very popular for the t20 games but never had an issue parking there. The bus is frequent and drops you off right outside the ground. I've only parked near the ground for the 4 day games and not had much of an issue.
  • Options
    Forgot to add that the walk to the Ground after parking is apprx 0.5 mile.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kent have appointed Alex Gidman, brother of our former player, Will, as the new batting coach. 
  • Options
      Come and support Sussex, you’ll be able to park right near the ground even for T20. While getting the benefits of Brighton and Hove and the South Downs, you feel more at home watching Sussex. Watching Sussex is like watching Charlton. 
  • Options
      Come and support Sussex, you’ll be able to park right near the ground even for T20. While getting the benefits of Brighton and Hove and the South Downs, you feel more at home watching Sussex. Watching Sussex is like watching Charlton. 
    Watching ONE Charlton is bad enough, so I'll stick with Kent thanks!
  • Options
    I will go there this season, I live in Hove... Am Kent fan obvs
  • Options
    Charlton Kerry I park at the park and ride and have never had a problem parking there. The busses are very regular. Plus it’s walkable if you want to. Parking in the ground is a nightmare and some of the life time members are not happy as they got free parking I believe. As for Thai Malaysia Addicks comments . How many trophies have Sussex won in the last 2 years 
  • Options
    Thanks for the offer, but I’m Kentish through and through, I remember the glory days of the Lords finals. Plus I like Shepherds Neame Spitfire.
    I’d admit I’m a bit of a traitor. I always used to watch at the Rectory Field, but, come on, Harvey’s knocks Sheps into a cocked hat,
  • Options
    Matt Henry signs for Somerset, why on earth have we not gone back in for him? 
  • Options
    Matt Henry signs for Somerset, why on earth have we not gone back in for him? 
    Thought it was a bit strange. Good bowler.
  • Options
    Disappointing. Interesting that he will play the whole of the T20 blast, did he play the blast in 2018 for us?