Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+post p.12): Charlton Athletic vs Coalville Town (FA Cup R1)| Saturday 5th Nov 2022

Comments

• Options
    Chance for Coalville 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    ross1 said:
    How has the defence lined up?
    By standing next to each other in a straight line.
    At least as Charlton fans we have to have a sense of humour 
  • Options
    Very nice stream with Charlton commentary. Pity the FA will get FA from it. 
  • Options
    That was awful defending by Lavelle.
  • Options
    Oh chance for Coalville, cross comes in, bloke ghosts into the area for a free header but misses - Chambers then has a shot on the volley, surprised its not a corner as thought Jojo got a touch
  • Options
    Is there a stream working? Sorry being lazy
  • Options
    Commentators have mentioned that the ref today is National League standard.

Bloke is doing so much better than the last couple of jokers we've had in League One
    To be fair it's barely been a contest so not had any decisions to make... ooooff as coalville nearly equalise as i type 
  • Options
    Unlucky coalville, good volley but wollacott sees it just wide.
  • Options
    Our defense is still pretty shaky. 

Just a good job they can't get near our players when we have the ball. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    ross1 said:
    How has the defence lined up?
    By standing next to each other in a straight line.
    At least as Charlton fans we have to have a sense of humour 
    We have to - Else what we see on the pitch will make us cry most of the time
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Too many cutbacks before releasing that cross Albie.
  • Options
    In a team full of right footers, it seems bizarre to play our one leftie Payne on the right
  • Options
    Coalville come forward again, but ball trickles through to Wollacott

Away side arent seeing much more of the ball - But gaining confidence coming forward a little
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Its nice we've respected Coalville with our line up

But given we beat Phoenix Sports in the London Senior Cup (two leagues lower) 5-0 with the majority of our Youth Team - I really feel we could have played our team from Tuesday night again
    But if you look at the bench, the outfield players apart from old father Forster-Caskey and the venerable Aneke, are all kiddoes.

If all goes well, I would expect the youngsters to be given some game time (Mitchell is already on, of course) and bedrock 1st teamers to be gradually withdrawn.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

But given we beat Phoenix Sports in the London Senior Cup (two leagues lower) 5-0 with the majority of our Youth Team - I really feel we could have played our team from Tuesday night again
    But if you look at the bench, the outfield players apart from old father Forster-Caskey and the venerable Aneke, are all kiddoes.

If all goes well, I would expect the youngsters to be given some game time (Mitchell is already on, of course) and bedrock 1st teamers to be gradually withdrawn.

I thought we may have gone the other way... Kids starting, with experience on the bench if needed
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Only if we get a few more goals first 
  • Options
    Coalville again get into our half with a few nice passes, before a pass to no one ends up with Campbell - Can see them coming out second half a little better than this
  • Options
    Very onesided as you'd expect,our final ball is pretty poor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morgan is trying way too hard. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

A better plan than playing the kids first and bringing on the first teamers to rescue the game when it’s all gone pear-shaped.
  • Options
    Elsewhere in the FA Cup

Grimsby 3-1 Plymouth | Cheltenham 0-1 Alvechurch
  • Options
    Stockley gets the ball in their area, shoots (ball is blocked and goes for a corner), falls over
  • Options
    Again Stockley wastes a good chance.
  • Options
    Dobson shoots from the edge of the area, great block by Stockley who decides he wants to help Coalville defend - What a charming chap he is
  • Options
    Dobson shoots from the edge of the area, great block by Stockley who decides he wants to help Coalville defend - What a charming chap he is
    If he cannot score, nobody else is😂😂
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I thought we may have gone the other way... Kids starting, with experience on the bench if needed
    That's one way of looking at it.

But another is to start with a stronger more experienced side and build up a lead.
    The aim is to win the game, of course. We wouldn't want to be chasing a 0-2 deficit against 11 men packing their box.

But in any event the youngsters should all get some decent minutes.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Stockley puts in some decent tackles in the opposition half - We win the ball, which finds its way to Morgan in the area, who cant setup Stockley standing right next to him, with a Coalville player intercepting the pass.

As I type Morgan has his 35th shot from outside the area that goes over