Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread + (Post-match p11) Charlton v Brighton Under 21s - Papa Johns - Tues 02/11/2022

Comments

• Entertaining game that
  • hats off to those getting a full 11 pages out of this one.  One final thought, Morgan - tap it right, look up son…..
  • aliwibble said:
    LOL! Great ball out from Clare to Rylah down the left,  makes nice progress and passes inside to Morgan. Sadly his shot cannons off the back of the defender's head and that's the final whistle.
    Payne with the pass 
  • if we make the play-offs we could potentially play 60 games this season.
  • Now we are into the knock our rounds, how many more games in front of 600 fans do we have before 40,000 turn up for the Wembley final?

Round 2
    Round 3
    QF
    SF
  • edited November 2022
    Chunes said:
    if we make the play-offs we could potentially play 60 games this season.
    There's some good news then, with that amount of games, Stockley might score 10 goals this season
    Oh nooo damn actually that's wrong. He's scored 2 goals in 16, so 1 goal every 8 games.

So if he plays 60 games this season, he'll still only score 7  :(
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    Most satisfactory. I thought that Payne flattered to deceive for most of the evening but that was a clever finish after very good play from McGrandles.

JFC was very impressive for a man who’s only played in the Papa John’s and (I think) the League Cup this season. Looking at that performance, there are bound to be a number of options for him in January.

Good to get through and give our youngsters some further minutes, alongside the fringe players, as we’ll certainly be needing to call on some of them over the coming months as further injuries and suspensions bite.
  • Don't understand how JFC is not in the first team. He was the standout player in our team, assured on the ball, skillful, with a range of passing. Also looked very fit. Head and shoulders above any of our midfielders on the night.
    Kanu was disappointing, as was Payne, although he did score the winner.
    Chin played well.
    McGrandles and Henry were lacking in midfield, apart from the build up for Paynes goal.
  • BOLLOCKS!!!!!! - Just finished the last of my chocolate

Naughty @ForeverAddickted...
  • aliwibble said:
    Fecking Addicks to Victory blaring in the background.
    Leaping off the sofa to disconnect the HDMI cable is the fastest I’ve moved all day. A pure Pavlovian response
  • I enjoyed that -  even though my Son didn't come and I was Billy no mates
  • Blucher said:
    aliwibble said:
    Leaping off the sofa to disconnect the HDMI cable is the fastest I’ve moved all day. A pure Pavlovian response
    You could've just hit mute you know...
  • aliwibble said:
    BOLLOCKS!!!!!! - Just finished the last of my chocolate

Naughty @ForeverAddickted...
    I presume thats because I didnt share the chocolate?
  • edited November 2022
    Regionalised draw next round of 32 end of November and we’ll be away as winners of mini leagues get the home advantage.
  • aliwibble said:
    Blucher said:
    aliwibble said:
    You could've just hit mute you know...
    Alas, in the moment of blind panic, there was no time for such logical thought
  • Sponsored links:

• As ever, I'm pleased we won and have progressed to the next stage of the competition. I'm also pleased for those who went to give their support that they were rewarded with a win and well done to the players. So we're in for another slice of Pizza, like it or not. COYR 👏
  • edited November 2022
    Next opponents therefore will be away to one of Plymouth, Ipswich, Stevenage, Chelsea U21s, Wimbledon, Mk Dons, Forest Green Rovers 

edit; If we get Chelsea U21s, think they may have to play at the Valley like Villa U21s had to last season.
  • edited November 2022
    Chin was our best player first half, but not as good second half. 
    JFC was mainly decent. 
    Mitchell did well on his debut. 
    Campbell was ok & Kanu whilst a bit bigger showed little.
    McGillivrey put the defence in trouble 5 times with short pass outs, when they were under pressure and on the 6th occasion it led to their goal. 
  • Attendance of 662, a new record 
    And I was there. 
    me too
  • BOLLOCKS!!!!!! - Just finished the last of my chocolate
    Off topic comment (other chocolate bars are available)
  • 30,000 will claim to have been at this game in the future.