Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T20 World Cup 2022

Comments

• Options
    48-0 off 6
  • Options
    Cheating antipodeans.
  • Options
    No wickets down during the power play. Time to put the foot down. 
  • Options
    So Sri Lanka have beaten Afghanistan which is bad news for us because it means that Sri Lanka can still qualify and so there will be something at stake for them when they play us whereas Afghanistan's match against Australia is a dead rubber for them. 
    It's not quite a dead rubber for Afghanistan - fourth place in the group means automatic qualification for the next competition, which is worth having for the smaller nations. They'd still have an outside chance of fourth although they'd need other results to go their way.
  • Options
    Not sure why we did not get a run for the dropped catch. Why a dot ball?
    Because the ball is deemed to be dead when the catch is "taken". It's a bit like when the ball hits the pads and the batsman is given out LBW but the ball ends up going to the boundary. Even if the decision is overturned the runs still aren't given.  
  • Options
    Cheating antipodeans.

Kane Williamson is the last person in the world to cheat. He can't see the ball under his body. 
  • Options
    I think it's safe to say that Malan won't be in next
  • Options
    77-0 off 10

We have to be looking at 200 plus now
  • Options
    50 for Hales
  • Options
    And then gives it up. Santner bowls him a slow, wide one and he's stranded half way down the pitch. Moeen is in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Too slow. We could lose a wicket every over & still not get bowled out. 

Need 160 plus.

Edit.

That's more like it.
  • Options
    Moeen out trying to hit Sodhi for 5 (6)

108-2 off 13.1
  • Options
    Seb is doing social media for the DLCA while out in Adelaide playing for his club and is filming the DLCA boys who are being used as net bowlers for the WC teams there. In order to get his security pass to the ground, he had to pass a rigorous security check including answering the question "have you ever been a member of terrorist group such as Al-Qaeda?" I'm really not sure that he would admit that even if he had been!!!

He filmed and sat with the Dutch players today talking to them but the Zimbabwe team turned down the opportunity to net. Hopefully for him, England finish runners up in our group because they will then be in Adelaide for the semi-final. 
  • Options
    Buttler reaches his 50 (35)

110-2 off 14
  • Options
    Seb is doing social media for the DLCA while out in Adelaide playing for his club and is filming the DLCA boys who are being used as net bowlers for the WC teams there. In order to get his security pass to the ground, he had to pass a rigorous security check including answering the question "have you ever been a member of terrorist group such as Al-Qaeda?" I'm really not sure that he would admit that even if he had been!!!

He filmed and sat with the Dutch players today talking to them but the Zimbabwe team turned down the opportunity to net. Hopefully for him, England finish runners up in our group because they will then be in Adelaide for the semi-final. 
    reminds me when I was interviewing with various banks when i left school. At Barclays you had to take a psychometric test where you answer between 1-5 if you strongly agree/disagree etc
    Most were things like 'the customer is always right' etc but would then get the odd strange one  thrown in like 'you should always respect someone from a higher class than you' or  'I sometime have racist tendencies'
  • Options
    I dont think will will reach 200 here
  • Options
    Good sign for us that the NZ two spinners only went for 48 off their 8 overs 
  • Options
    Livingstone goes trying to ramp a second consecutive ball for 20 off 14

153-3 off 17.4

185 plus is still possible
  • Options
    Brook - hits a 6 and out

160-4 off 18.2

Stokes in
  • Options
    Buttler run out for 73 (47)

162-5 off 18.4

Curran in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stokes out LBW for 8 (7)

176-6 with one ball to go
  • Options
    We finish on 179-6

Have to be slightly disappointed with that given our platform but, as they say, you don't really know what a good score is 'til the other side has batted and this might still be above par
  • Options
    300 SR for our most dangerous player <3
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    300 SR for our most dangerous player <3
    Malan can thank Curran for that because he was more than happy with 200. I understand that Malan has asked to sit out the fielding due to his over exertions in having to run a 3.
  • Options
    I'll take it, looked like we were in a position to get near 200, but overall i would have taken 179 before a ball had been bowled. Just need to bowl well and solid now, hopefully its not an exciting finale. 
  • Options
    Pitch an absolute dream to bowl spin on. England have a good score here 
  • Options
    Good catch from Buttler off Woakes to get the dangerous Conway. Great start for England especially as Moeen's over confirmed that this pitch does suit spinners, given that we have one more of them than NZ

8-1 off 2

• Options
    Adil Rashid hasn't been at his very best recently and a bold move to bowl him in the PP
  • Options
    14-1 off 3 and the RR required is creeping up towards 10 an over already
  • Options
    Poor bowling from Woakes. That should be his lot for today.