Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T20 World Cup 2022

Comments

• Options
    The unfortunate Adair caps his day by walking past one

91-7
  • Options
    103-8
  • Options
    It's the hope that kills you
  • Options
    Excellent innings from Tucker 54* off 41
  • Options
    Tucker continuing to bat for England
  • Options
    136-9

McCarthy out. Tucker continues to be the lone Irish batsman to make an impact (71 off 48)
  • Options
    That looks like a poor decision from Little to take a single off the last ball of the 18th over
  • Options
    That looks like a poor decision from Little to take a single off the last ball of the 18th over
    And so it proved with Little run out trying to take a single off the first ball of the next over
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Australia win by 42 runs
  • Options
    A win is a win but that doesn't do their NRR that much good.

Any win tomorrow and we go back above them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Australia's NRR is -0.30 and England's is +0.24. So, assuming that Australia beat Afghanistan, we need to ensure that we win our final two games by not much less than Australia defeat Afghanistan by. Or hope that NZ lose to Ireland.

The main thing is that we beat NZ and Sri Lanka. The rest will look after itself.
  • Options
    Australia's NRR is -0.30 and England's is +0.24. So, assuming that Australia beat Afghanistan, we need to ensure that we win our final two games by not much less than Australia defeat Afghanistan by. Or hope that NZ lose to Ireland.

The main thing is that we beat NZ and Sri Lanka. The rest will look after itself.
    Realistically we have to win both games so we're effectively into our own knockout stage already.
  • Options

Realistically we have to win both games so we're effectively into our own knockout stage already.
    May not be enough. 
  • Options

May not be enough. 
    I've honestly no clue on how to work out NRR and what may/may not be required but if we win both games, Australia would surely need a big win v Afghanistan to go above us. We also play last so we'd know what was required anyway.

But irrelevant as we have to win a very tough match tomorrow first.
  • Options

May not be enough. 
    I've honestly no clue on how to work out NRR and what may/may not be required but if we win both games, Australia would surely need a big win v Afghanistan to go above us. We also play last so we'd know what was required anyway.

But irrelevant as we have to win a very tough match tomorrow first.
    I'm fairly sure NRR is calculated like this:

If a side got 100 off their 20overs then their run rate in the innings is 5.00. If the chasing side got 80 in reply, their run rate is 4.00 for the innings. So the chasing sides NRR would be -1.00. If the chasing side got the the hundred runs off 100 balls (i.e 6.00 an over RR) they would have a +1.00 NRR.

If a side is bowled out chasing then the run rate for the innings would be as is they had batted for 20 overs. I.e bowled out for 60 after X overs, their run rate would be 3.00. So a -2 run rate if chasing 100 as the example.
  • Options
    BBC Weather stating a day of heavy rain is due in Brisbane tomorrow but is expected to clear by the time the match is due to start at 18.00 Australian time (or whatever it's called )

Need to decide whether or not to set my alarm for circa 7.45am ....or set " Record" & roll out of bed around 10am as usual....
  • Options
    I've recorded it & then I can do as I please. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Cricket T20 WC played in spring in the rain. 
    Football WC played in 45C.
    The world is run by idiots and corruption. 
  • Options
    So Sri Lanka have beaten Afghanistan which is bad news for us because it means that Sri Lanka can still qualify and so there will be something at stake for them when they play us whereas Afghanistan's match against Australia is a dead rubber for them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    So Sri Lanka have beaten Afghanistan which is bad news for us because it means that Sri Lanka can still qualify and so there will be something at stake for them when they play us whereas Afghanistan's match against Australia is a dead rubber for them. 
    Like us they will be out if we lose today.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Adil Rashid has injured himself on the infamous Gabba turf that ended Simon Jones career in sliding trying to stop the ball. No news as yet as to whether he will be fit to play. We will soon find out.
  • Options
    England have won the toss and will bat
  • Options
    No change in the England side so Adil Rashid is fit. "We will always be flexible with the batting order" so Malan might well drop down the order if we get a decent start
  • Options
    NZ unchanged too
  • Options
    Good move by NZ to bring on Santner in the PP. Hales clueless against it. 
  • Options
    Much better from Hales against the pace of Southee on this surface
  • Options
    Great catch from Williamson to get Buttler off Santner
  • Options
    Or not. Oh dear. The ball clearly bounced. Buttler is still in.
  • Options
    Not sure why we did not get a run for the dropped catch. Why a dot ball?