Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• One goal in the tournament says all one needs to know about Denmark's deficiencies. Everything they offered in attack was just so predictable. 
  • Harry Souttar has been a colossus this WC, he'll return to Stoke someone in demand 
  • philcafc said:
    Tunisia unlucky all be it they were out anyway.
    I was rooting for a Denmark equaliser to send Tunisia through, shame. But well done to the Aussies, deserved and a great performance, although Denmark were poor.  
  • Should really be able to hear what the officials are saying there
  • Denmark Euro semi finalists ... out bottom of the group .. chuff
  • Don't you just love VAR
  • Denmark massively overachieved at last year's Euros, but have been a real disappointment here
  • edited November 2022
    Harry Souttar has been a colossus this WC, he'll return to Stoke someone in demand 
    He's barely playing! Only one Championship appearance this season. All the more impressive.
  • France rescue a draw at the death - That thud is the sound of heads hitting desks, from those who said that France, Spain, Brazil wouldn't end up with a similar result to ours against United States
    Correction... France cant even get a draw against Tunisia.

Goals conceded against Tunisia | Denmark | Australia - Yeah we can hurt them IF we face them
  • Sponsored links:

• Denmark massively overachieved at last year's Euros, but have been a real disappointment here
    No way, we don't get easy draws ...
    although I'll take last years and 2018's forever if available 
    They were buoyed up by the Eriksen story a year ago, thats what got them so far
  • Harry Souttar has been a colossus this WC, he'll return to Stoke someone in demand 
    He's barely playing! Only one Championship appearance this season. All the more impressive.
    Been out injured with a cruciate injury
  • One goal in the tournament says all one needs to know about Denmark's deficiencies. Everything they offered in attack was just so predictable. 
    They should have called up this Charlton legend!

• How was Griezmann offside - he wasn't active when the ball was crossed and didn't challenge for it.

Have the offside laws changed?
    They should have called up this Charlton legend!

He did play once for England but only in a friendly so he could still represent Denmark if he can find a Viking relative...
  • bobmunro said:
    How was Griezmann offside - he wasn't active when the ball was crossed and didn't challenge for it.

I thought the same - wasn't impacting play at all when the cross came in.
  • That has to be offside, surely. 
  • Enjoyed watching the Aussie football over the years on BT and it's good to see them reach the last 16. I don't like seeing a team retreat into their own box to defend, probably because I have seen Charlton screw up by playing this way. A free header for the great Dane near the end but he messed up. Cracking forward play to turn the defender inside out by Leckie and yet again if the ball go through the defenders legs it puts off the keeper and finds the back of the net.

• bobmunro said:
    How was Griezmann offside - he wasn't active when the ball was crossed and didn't challenge for it.

I thought the same - wasn't impacting play at all when the cross came in.

He was active on the second phase - in an onside position (not that that mattered as he would have been played on by the defender's header.
  • Sponsored links:

• "This match isn't just about two players"

Cue 15 minute discussion about Messi and Lewandowski
  • Strangely tempted by 20-1 on Saudi Arabia to win the group, Mexico have looked rubbish and if SA win and the other game is a draw, they'll do it.
  • Sorry to preempt Callum....

• Which game do we think will be most entertaining? - Poland vs Argentina?

Will France only face the Argies if the latter come 2nd
  • Australia v Saudi Arabia would be an unexpected knockout game.

I think Poland can beat them (Lewandowski will come good) - and I can see the Saudis beating Mexico who are very poor compared to previous Mexican teams.

I'll be watching Poland v Argentina.
  • edited November 2022
    Which game do we think will be most entertaining? - Poland vs Argentina?

Yes - draw is looking very nice for the Netherlands if Argentina fail to top Group C.

A Round of 16 match between Saudi Arabia and Australia would be something...

Poland v Argentina in the hope Argentina lose.
  • bobmunro said:
    How I would love to see Argentina go out.
    Anyone would think you work for a bookie