Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• In the six years of reaching the World Cup, thats only Iran's 3rd win
    Isn't one of the others against the US of A?  On the basis of England getting a win and a draw minimum I quite fancy Iran to go through now.
  • means America have to come out and go for it, could play into our hands or not?
    The US can defend for a draw, knowing a win against Iran sends them through.
    That's true - although I genuinely cannot see the US holding out for 90 minutes (likely 100+ minutes) against England's attack. 
  • That was like the Schmeichel Kim Grant red card in 1994!
  • Lol! Brilliant result. Even more excited for our game on Tuesday now.
  • No complaints. We were second best and we lost. 

Iran aren't a makeweight team. They have a decent ranking and were a pot 3 team, as Wales would have been if the **** Russians hadn't caused the Ukraine playoff to be delayed. Iran will have been cursing their luck for the fourth team in their group to have been so highly ranked, but they got their tactics perfect and now they have a decent chance of going though unless England do the USA a favour tonight.
    The Euro Play-Off winner was always going to be in Pot 4
    There were three Euro playoffs. The teams were due to go into pots based on their rankings but one of the three had to be delayed due to Ukraine being involved, so it wasn't settled until after the draw was done. Portugal were in pot 1 and Poland in pot 3 as their rankings would imply, while the third playoff winner went into pot 4. It would have been the same for Ukraine if they'd qualified.
  • No complaints. We were second best and we lost. 

Iran aren't a makeweight team. They have a decent ranking and were a pot 3 team, as Wales would have been if the **** Russians hadn't caused the Ukraine playoff to be delayed. Iran will have been cursing their luck for the fourth team in their group to have been so highly ranked, but they got their tactics perfect and now they have a decent chance of going though unless England do the USA a favour tonight.
    The Euro Play-Off winner was always going to be in Pot 4
    There were three Euro playoffs. The teams were due to go into pots based on their rankings but one of the three had to be delayed due to Ukraine being involved, so it wasn't settled until after the draw was done. Portugal were in pot 1 and Poland in pot 3 as their rankings would imply, while the third playoff winner went into pot 4. It would have been the same for Ukraine if they'd qualified.
    Ah yes... You are correct sorry
  • bobmunro said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    bobmunro said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Wales need to hope England smash USA tonight, and potentially play a second string team against them for the final game. 
    Based on that performance, I would favour Iran to beat the US - and assuming we beat the septics tonight Wales could stuff us and still won't qualify.
    Tbh Id still fancy us to beat Wales even with our second string. 
    Yes of course - I would fancy Charlton to beat Wales!
    Probably. Not sure our second string could do it, though.
  • Even if it had finished 0-0, one of the most entertaining games I’d seen for a while. What a game! Great advert for football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fantastic result. Made my week.
  • Good game. Ended up cheering Iran's goal just because they deserved it. 

Thought Wales were dreadful. Rode their luck for most of the game. Ramsey could barely pass the ball and i hardly noticed Bale. Defensively they were always caught out. No defensive midfielder. The subs James and Johnson were particularly poor. All pace with no clue. Moore was isolated but his touch reminded me off Stockley. Reckless by the goalie, who knows if he had stayed on they could of held out

They could in theory still go through and I'm sure they will give us a very hard game but over these two first matches i would be extremely surprised if England don't win. Still anything can happen. 
  • Positive for Bale is he can go back to being injured for his club side and play some more golf.
  • MrOneLung said:
    What a cracking game that was, even ignoring especially the result. 

:D
  • Forgot Bale was on the pitch tbh
  • Gabby Logan is one of the best presenters Male or Female but saying 'Goodnight' when we are  3 hours behind not 3 hours in front was a mistake at 12.25pm !
  • Hey Gunter, how did you get home from the World Cup? - "Iran"
  • Sponsored links:

• goal of the tournament so far beats Wales .. if they now beat England, there will need to be a Stewards Enquiry  :*
  • Qatar: Barsham, Pedro Miguel, Mohammad, Khoukhi, Abdelkarim Hassan, Ahmed, Al-Haydos, Boudiaf, Madibo, Ali, Afif

Senegal: Edouard Mendy, Sabaly, Koulibaly, Jakobs, Diallo, Idrissa Gueye, Nampalys Mendy, Diatta, Diedhiou, Ismaila Sarr, Dia
  • edited November 2022
    Unless something extraordinary happens on Tuesday, I can see the game becoming an occasion for the Welsh to honour a few players.
    England 3-0 and cruising, Wales bring on the likes of Gunter for their final minutes, and the likes of Bale and Ramsey get a final round of applause in a Wales shirt as they are subbed.
  • Two superb goals
  • Unless something extraordinary happens on Tuesday, I can see the game becoming an occasion for the Welsh to honour a few players.
    England 3-0 and cruising, Wales bring on the likes of Gunter for their final minutes, and the likes of Bale and Ramsey get a final round of applause in a Wales shirt as they are subbed.
    Just had a chat with Mark Hughes - he's on his way.
  • Senegal to beat Qatar at 1.7 and Netherlands to beat Ecuador at 1.8 both seem a bit generous, double at just over 3. 
    I'll put some more cash into bob's retirement fund...
  • Unless something extraordinary happens on Tuesday, I can see the game becoming an occasion for the Welsh to honour a few players.
    I've got a feeling they'll turn us over 1-0
  • Have Michael Oliver or Anthony Taylor taken charge of a game yet in Qatar?

Dont recall having seen either of them on pitch or in the VAR room yet