Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• If nothing else, there will be no clash between England playing in a 3rd place match next Saturday afternoon, and the regular 3pm EFL matches.
  • Argentinas World Cup in honour of the best away support 
  • France big favourites but I still think Messi is going to make the difference in the final 
  • Be great to see a Croatia-Morocco final now so we have an actual new World Cup winning country for the first time since 1998.
  • I'd find it hilarious if France and Argentina lost to Morocco.
  • Argentinas World Cup in honour of the best away support 
    I hope not as I hate the Argies with a venom. I want to see Messi on his knees blabbing like a baby.
  • At least your boys will make it home safe now oohaah 
    If the Moroccans beat the French it could be a memorable night for them
  • cafctom said:
    I want Messi to win it (not necessarily Argentina, but that can’t be helped). 

France winning it would feel a bit boring back-to-back.

Messi lifting the trophy is the iconic footballing image that has been speculated for years. It would be touching to see it happen for a player in his final tournament, especially one who has given the game so much joy.

It would be an incredible end to the story of the greatest footballer the game has ever seen.

The sport needs a massive moment like that IMO.
    Have to agree. It would be pretty boring to see a second straight France v Croatia final, with probably the same inevitable outcome as 2018. 

Messi in the final, or even Morocco in the final would make for a far better story. 

Unfortunately i can't see beyond France winning it and always felt that the winner of last nights game would go on to win the tournament. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

Messi lifting the trophy is the iconic footballing image that has been speculated for years. It would be touching to see it happen for a player in his final tournament, especially one who has given the game so much joy.

It would be an incredible end to the story of the greatest footballer the game has ever seen.

I am a Charlton fan and an England fan. Failing that, I like an underdog. Messi has never given me a single moment of joy in my entire life. I respect your opinion Tom, but don't share it for a single moment. Sorry.   
    Well i guess if you're talking as a Charlton and England fan, then obviously Messi won't have given you any joy.

But to have lived through his entire career (i was too young for Maradona's peak, and not born for Pele's time) you surely have to appreciate him as the best player of the last 35+ years, if not ever.

Him winning the world cup would be the crowning moment of an incredible career.
  • cafctom said:

I am a Charlton fan and an England fan. Failing that, I like an underdog. Messi has never given me a solitary moment of joy in my entire life. I respect your opinion Tom, but don't share it for a single moment. Sorry.   
    Messi turning over ManUre in a Barça shirt brought joy to me. 
  • Preference of the last four as winners:
    Morocco
    Argentina
    Croatia

that’s it. Really, really don’t want France. 

• We can be neutrals again and enjoy the World Cup in a more objective way.

I want Argentina to win it. They play with passion and their football is very fluent and beautiful 

The Falklands and hand of God history was quite a while ago!

If Argentina win, It will also piss off Ronaldo and the Portugal tears will generate a waterfall 
  • cafctom said:

I am a Charlton fan and an England fan. Failing that, I like an underdog. Messi has never given me a solitary moment of joy in my entire life. I respect your opinion Tom, but don't share it for a single moment. Sorry.   
    Messi turning over ManUre in a Barça shirt brought joy to me. 
    No difference between the two clubs. Both over inflated and full of their own importance. Fuck 'em.   
  • Be great to see a Croatia-Morocco final now so we have an actual new World Cup winning country for the first time since 1998.
    Since 2010?
  • Absolutely do not want Argentina anywhere near that trophy. 
  • Bit more on the shenanigans during the penalties on Friday.

Sounds like the Dutch didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either tbf. 
    Since 2010?
    Woops! Should have remembered that really :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Imagine if Messi and Modric got injured in training.
    Would be like a Premier League match becoming a League One fixture.
  • From a neutrals perspective, it’s a good last four and there would be a good story regardless of who wins:

Argentina - arguably the greatest player of all time guides his team to the ultimate prize in his final tournament 
    Croatia - tiny nation with a golden generation in their last hurrah 
    Morocco - first African winners
    France - winning back to back World Cups is incredibly impressive, doing it with the injuries they’ve had is doubly so. I love Giroud too! 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    England quality pens from Japan.
    This hasn't aged well after last night. 
  • Football is a waste of space if you don't care who wins.i won't be watching the rest of the tournament as I done care wo wins
  • I'd find it hilarious if France and Argentina lost to Morocco.

Not sure Morocco would've any fit players left if they got to the final; More injuries than Charlton Athletic!
  • se9addick said:
    From a neutrals perspective, it’s a good last four and there would be a good story regardless of who wins:

Argentina - arguably the greatest player of all time guides his team to the ultimate prize in his final tournament 
    Croatia - tiny nation with a golden generation in their last hurrah 
    Morocco - first African winners
    France - winning back to back World Cups is incredibly impressive, doing it with the injuries they’ve had is doubly so. I love Giroud too! 

I agree with the above but not many on here will. Giroud was always going to score goals in this tournament after Benezema got injured pre WC despite 36 year old Olivier being the non scoring striker from the last WC.

Without the injured trio of Benezema, Kante and Pogba on his A game then the French with Griezmann, Dembélé and Tchouaméni finding their best form have really stepped up alongside the World class Mbappe who can go from 0-60 in seconds as both Walker and Rice can testify. 
  • Very poor quality last 4. Yet another chance tossed away. If we can't do it now, then I am thinking we never will. 56  years of hurt and counting. Wank subs as usual from the Palace idiot.
  • France winning back to back world cups in this time frame would be a very special historic achievement!

I do hope this time next week is France V Argentina

I'd just like to watch a fufilling entertaining spectacle 

Yeh we all want the underdogs doing well but at the same time either of them in a final would be kind of boring 
  • Very poor quality last 4. Yet another chance tossed away. If we can't do it now, then I am thinking we never will. 56  years of hurt and counting. Wank subs as usual from the Palace idiot.
    Absolutely fuckin ridiculous ofc. And one of the wank subs won England a penalty almost immediately