Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Brazil manager has resigned 
  • Imagine a world Cup semi final 4 remaining teams:

Croatia, England, Morroco, Netherlands 

• edited December 2022
    Brazil .. no longer the samba wonders .. too many play in Europe and have become too regimented, allied to poor selection by the coach .. to be honest l m a o when they lost .. peroxided poseurs, powder puffs and on their way home .. the lesson ? .. always beware of the Croats, runners up last time and this squad is better 
  • Dave2l said:
    Imagine a world Cup semi final 4 remaining teams:

Croatia, England, Morroco, Netherlands 

I'll take that. 
  • Anyone but Messi gets booked for that handball.
  • edited December 2022
    Argentine colours coming to the fore. Even Messi in on it.
  • edited December 2022
    How doesn't he get booked for that? Shit ref booked a player earlier for exactly the same. 
  • Did the commentator just say there could be a little bit of rain ahead of our clash with France?

Shades of Agincourt and Waterloo 
  • Holland have been shite 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dutch haven’t turned up tonight. Not gonna score unless get a late consolation after Argies have gone 3 up 
  • I'm clearly in a minority here but gutted to see a team that gets into a WC semifinal by grinding teams down and hope for a penalty shootout.
    Before the game I wanted Brazil to win, Brazil v Argentina/Netherlands being more interesting etc, then yep, found Croatia boring and was pleased at Neymar scoring a very good goal.

And yet I still celebrated Croatia equalising, and found myself wanting them to win on penalties, because it was very funny.
  • Two more fouls for Messi and still no yellow. He's like Casemiro!
  • MrOneLung said:
    Dutch haven’t turned up tonight. Not gonna score unless get a late consolation after Argies have gone 3 up 
    Only 1 goal lead though. Fluke an equaliser and hold on for penalties...
  • Modern football is obsessed with passing midfielders and wide attackers, but this tournament has shown the weaknesses of teams without a decent Number 9. Imagine this Dutch side with a Van Basten, Kluivert, Van Nistelrooy or Van Persie up front
    World cups often usher in a new cycle of tactical fashion. I think we're going to see possession become less of a focus for teams and centre forwards come back into favour. Players like Haaland, and Benzema were probably already helping start that trend at club level.
  • Jeez that is soft 
  • Surely that's not enough contact to warrant a foul
  • nonsense penalty
  • Sponsored links:

• Ridiculous decision
  • Argh balls, that's probably that then.

Although Messi is a bit crap at pens.
  • Jesus... Giant keeper and just stands there
  • Wonder if Qatar want a Argentina vs Portugal final... 
  • I thought it was a pretty clear pen
  • edited December 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm clearly in a minority here but gutted to see a team that gets into a WC semifinal by grinding teams down and hope for a penalty shootout.
    Oh I think most would rather see Brazil through compared to Croatia.

Doesnt stop their defeat being funny though
    You may be right: not many seem happy that Croatia is in the semis - mostly that Neymar's ego has been deflated.

But I can't see how anyone could be inspired to love football by watching that win.
    What about a 10 year old child, from a county of less than 4 million people just beat the most famous national team in history with a population of about 210 million people?
    Yeah, 'anyone' was a bit strong on my part, but the 210 million in Brazil would think that watchable football doesn't pay, which would be a shame.
    I think "negative" football is perfectly valid if its your best chance of winning.  No point being positive and "nice to watch" if you don't win. 
    I often wonder about this: would I rather watch amazing football and lose, or a lucky win from a really dull team full of journeymen and 'seasoned pros'.

I would hope the amazing football would win in the long run, so I'd go for the former.
    I think style is more important in league football, especially if you have the resource to be picky.

In tournament football, especially at international level where you can't change the players winning is everything.  If you can't win, don't lose and cross your fingers.

There is no tomorrow for most of them.
    Messi v Ronaldo - yep.
  • Award for most useless whistle goes to...
  • Keown creaming his pants over a penalty now. 
    More likely to want Argentina v France, PSG's Messi v PSG's Mbappe.

That said, I thought it was a pen.