Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Put the smirky twat on, wait for Portugal to win a penalty, and then sub him off before he can take it.
  • I wonder what the odds on Ramos getting a hat trick were  :D
    Wonder if the ref is a distant cousin of him,just saying same name and all that. There might be a bit of skullduggery going on here.
  • Ramos has moved himself from 'middling Portuguese player likely to sign for Wolves' to the next big thing in 67 minutes.
    The Karel Poborsky of this World Cup
  • Lino you're a legend!!
  • Brighton playing a friendly in Dubai tomorrow, similar to our preparations for the cup tie 
  • edited December 2022
    England have beaten one team ranked higher than them in the FIFA rankings since 1966 - Argentina in 2002. France are ranked higher than England in the current rankings.
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Dont think I've ever seen Spain in that type of blue...
    not really their colour is it  :* .. a Morocco win would not surprise me
    I’d be quite surprised if Morocco beat Spain, but not too surprised if Switzerland beat Portugal 
    not to be argumentative, BUT (lol) I will be VERY surprised if the Swiss beat Portugal 
    Ha ha, fair enough! I’ll take the Spain/Switzerland double and you can have Morocco/Portugal! 
    @Lincsaddick - I bow to your superior knowledge!!
    aww shucks, thanks awfully o:)
    thing is, I have not one penny on the double .. or the single for that matter .. Portugal seem to have come good at the right time .. and their manager is one of the most experienced and shrewdest out there AND he has a core of VERY good players
  • About time it happened again then
  • Brighton playing a friendly in Dubai tomorrow, similar to our preparations for the cup tie 
    They should arrange a friendly against Spain, to get them used to our passing style 
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    I’d be quite surprised if Morocco beat Spain, but not too surprised if Switzerland beat Portugal 
    not to be argumentative, BUT (lol) I will be VERY surprised if the Swiss beat Portugal 
    Ha ha, fair enough! I’ll take the Spain/Switzerland double and you can have Morocco/Portugal! 
    thing is, I have not one penny on the double .. or the single for that matter .. Portugal seem to have come good at the right time .. and their manager is one of the most experienced and shrewdest out there AND he has a core of VERY good players

I on the other hand did double down on my own poor acumen…

• sixer .. total surprise made them look like a Swiss cheese, full of holes
  • Get yourself to Specsavers, mccoist, you blind twat
  • best performance of the cup so far .. Portugal ripped a good team to shreds
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

I on the other hand did double down on my own poor acumen…

never knew a winner who didn't bet .. next time !!!
  • Portugal without Ronaldo look like contenders. 
  • best performance of the cup so far .. Portugal ripped a good team to shreds
    Spain need to watch Portugal play football...
  • A lot of goals in this knockout round. Just the one nil nil
  • pooghash nicking my lines lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Beating Switzerland 6-1 in a WC QF is some statement. They are a similar side to us, good young attacking players with questions at the back. France > Portugal > Brazil would be a ridiculous achievement.
    Second round, but agree with the rest, they looked very good.
  • A lot of goals in this knockout round. Just the one nil nil
    Expecting it to tighten up a lot from here on. Squeaky 1-0 wins and 1-1 draws all over the shop.
  • Portugal without Ronaldo look like contenders. 
    United look better without him too…bit of a theme emerging*

*I say that as someone who really likes Ronaldo and thinks he’s probably the greatest of all time 
  • Beating Switzerland 6-1 in a WC QF is some statement. They are a similar side to us, good young attacking players with questions at the back. France > Portugal > Brazil would be a ridiculous achievement.
    Second round, but agree with the rest, they looked very good.
    Oops soz 
  • The quarter finals, and potential semis look mouthwatering. 

We have France and Portugal on our side, but there's the prospect of Brazil Vs Argentina in the other semi.
  • High scoring wins from some of the established nations in the round of 16 but, and not taking anything away from them as they all played well to win by the margins they did, Switzerland, Korea, Senegal, and Poland all offered pretty mediocre opposition. Much tougher matches for everyone from here on in. I think it's a very open tournament - cases to be made for and against all the remaining teams, except perhaps Morocco who would be real shock winners.
  • So the RO16 has seen Senegal, Spain, Switzerland and South Korea go home. Bad time if your country name begins with S.

Fingers crossed the F's suffer next.
  • edited December 2022
    Friday 9th

3pm Croatia v Brazil BBC
    7pm Netherlands v Argentina BBC

Saturday 10th

3pm Morocco v Portugal ITV
    7pm England v France ITV
  • edited December 2022
    Two days with no World Cup games now is completely unacceptable really.