Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• edited December 2022
    'ave it Cristiano!! - Whinging prick
  • Swiss gotta come out now, should be a good game
  • Hopefully this is the end of Cristiano's International career - Bet he'll been on the side-lines a lot more now, visibly motivating the team like what we saw @ Euro 2016 to improve his image
  • Pepe, despite being 40 in 12 weeks time, has clearly lost none of his spring
  • I said before the tournament if Ronaldo may help or hinder Portugal. They look a lot more balanced and dangerous without him tonight. Been very impressive.
  • Portugal have been a team transformed, pace and energy all over the pitch
  • Portugal looking very slick as you'd expect with Silva and Fernandes in midfield, in fact the whole side is right on it .. SO FAR
  • Enjoying this…
  • Portugal playing well. Would like a Swiss goal early in the second half to make it interesting...
  • Sponsored links:

• Swiss have got in some good positions but final ball has been crap.
  • Bye Ronaldo don’t let the door hit you on the arse! 😆
  • Nigel De Jong is a good addition to the ITV team 
  • Didn't expect this. Got to say Portugal have been excellent, surely game over.
  • Commentator is obsessed with his idea that the Portuguese striker can't believe his luck.
  • Route to the trophy is looking very much like France, Portugal, Brazil.

We'd absolutely deserve it if we managed that.

(I think we'll lose to France, mind, bit hopefully I'm wrong!).
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Dont think I've ever seen Spain in that type of blue...
    not really their colour is it  :* .. a Morocco win would not surprise me
    I’d be quite surprised if Morocco beat Spain, but not too surprised if Switzerland beat Portugal 
    not to be argumentative, BUT (lol) I will be VERY surprised if the Swiss beat Portugal 
    Ha ha, fair enough! I’ll take the Spain/Switzerland double and you can have Morocco/Portugal! 
    @Lincsaddick - I bow to your superior knowledge!!
  • Portugal look very very good. 
  • Feels like fate that we'll have to get through Portugal given our defeats against them with the Golden Generation
  • Sponsored links:

• Cristiano who?
  • Ronaldo will come off the bench with Portugal 5-1 up and score a last minute penalty...
  • Portugal look very very good. 
    Genuinely thought before the tournament that they had a lot.of good players but having to carry Ronaldo trying to goal hang and point huffily at people would cost them 

Now they've dropped him they could be very dangerous.
  • edited December 2022
    Commentator is obsessed with his idea that the Portuguese striker can't believe his luck.
    Cant believe Tyldesley used the great line form Barry Davies "Just look at his face" when Ramos got his second. 
  • I wonder what the odds on Ramos getting a hat trick were  :D
  • To be fair to Clive, he probably isn't even aware of it
  • Commentator is obsessed with his idea that the Portuguese striker can't believe his luck.
    Cant believe Tyldesley used the great line form Barry Davies "Just look at his face" when Ramos got his second. 
    I'm sure that was a knowing reuse 
  • Ramos has moved himself from 'middling Portuguese player likely to sign for Wolves' to the next big thing in 67 minutes.
  • Players in Puma shirts always look more sweaty than in other kits 
  • Ronaldo will come off the bench with Portugal 5-1 up and score a last minute penalty...
    You could be right.