Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• 3rd time lucky for Robert Lewandowski from the spot.

USA did well to get to 16
    Poland did well to get to 16
    Senegal did well to get to the 16 ?

• MrOneLung said:
    3-0 down in injury time and you fuck around with a poncey penalty. I would have subbed him off before he could have retaken it. 
    He's 34, their captain, record goalscorer and that was his last kick at a world cup. Wouldn't have made you a very popular manager........
  • Both France and Argentina have an individual who can capitalise on half chances. Enough to drag any team all the way.
  • Anyone able to explain why all the referees were adding 6, 7, 8 or even more minutes to both halves in the group games, but now seem to have reverted to 2 or 3?
    Are they saying the teams aren’t timewasting anymore?
  • MrOneLung said:
    3-0 down in injury time and you fuck around with a poncey penalty. I would have subbed him off before he could have retaken it. 
    He's 34, their captain, record goalscorer and that was his last kick at a world cup. Wouldn't have made you a very popular manager........
    And his last chance to over take Matthew Upson in the all time scorers list.
  • edited December 2022
  • edited December 2022
    Netherlands v Argentina quarter final at 7pm on Friday 9th.
    England v France quarter final at 7pm on Saturday 10th.

5/12
    3pm Japan v Croatia BBC
    7pm Brazil v South Korea ITV

6/12
    3pm Morocco v Spain ITV
    7pm Portugal v Switzerland ITV
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:

Can you share this in joke ?
  • Netherlands v Argentina quarter final at 7pm on Friday 9th.

5/12
    3pm Japan v Croatia BBC

6/12
    3pm Morocco v Spain ITV
    That'll effect numbers travelling up to Morecambe - Why the hell hasnt it been re-arranged
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:

Before today Upson had 1 World Cup goal as had Lewandowski 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:

Before today Upson had 1 World Cup goal as had Lewandowski 

Cheers Mr One lung I should have worked that out 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • edited December 2022

M53: Japan v Croatia
    M54: Brazil v South Korea
    M55: Morocco v Spain
    M56: Portugal v Switzerland

(FYI Morocco/Spain v Portugal/Switzerland will be a Saturday 3pm kick off for those travelling to Morecambe...)
  • Netherlands v Argentina quarter final at 7pm on Friday 9th.

5/12
    3pm Japan v Croatia BBC

6/12
    3pm Morocco v Spain ITV
    That'll effect numbers travelling up to Morecambe - Why the hell hasnt it been re-arranged
    Until after Garner's successor has been appointed?  ;)
  • edited December 2022
    Netherlands, France, Argentina, and England are mega teams in World football. England's record of only one final in a home WC is the weakest and Holland/Netherlands are the only one of the four that haven't won a WC despite being in 3 finals. 
  • We might face France, if we win, then Spain and maybe an Argentina final.

They all have one thing in common

They hate they British royal navy!
  • Dave2l said:
    We might face France, if we win, then Spain and maybe an Argentina final.

There is a very strong possibility of this.

My morning coffee failed me 
  • I can see the France game being a bit cagey. Both teams know their opponents can do a lot of damage if there is space behind them. A goal will open it all up of course. 
  • I reckon we're in for a high scoring game and it'll finish 3-2......I'm just not quite sure yet who to
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2022
    Dave2l said:
    We might face France, if we win, then Spain and maybe an Argentina final.

Don't mention the wars Dave !
    🤦🏻‍♂️Too late.

IF we win the Q-Final we could face those Neutral bankers Switzerland.
  • At least they'll turn up on time.
  • “Ready to eat lion”

• Tremmmmmmmmmmble. Three lions vs the french coq
  • If you go to a jam packed pub for Saturday and England make the dream come true. Its all getting wild, there's beer flying about everywhere everyone's hugging, being best mates etc.

Someone you've never met before buys you a pint and a bromance develops.

You then spot a CPFC tattoo on his neck. All of a sudden in your mind its the mid 80s, Thatcher is rulling the streets and Charlton are ground sharing with Palace.

You then suddenly recognise this bloke. 

When you were both in your early 20s, the sick TPP (tiny Palace penis) individual started on one of your mates and you had a brawl next to a horse outside selhurst 

Would you forgive and forget and buy him the next drink?

Buygons will be buygons? 

Would you just walk off and celebrate elsewhere?

Would you order a fosters bovril top and lift your shirt collar like Eric Cantona and keep drinking till 4am?

• Attendance looks shocking for a World Cup knockout match 
  • se9addick said:
    Attendance looks shocking for a World Cup knockout match 
    Looks pretty full to me?
  • se9addick said:
    Attendance looks shocking for a World Cup knockout match 
    Looks pretty full to me?
    Really? I can see quite a lot of empty seats. Maybe it’s my eyesight!