Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Today was Messi’s first goal in the knockout rounds of a World Cup.
  • edited December 2022
    4/12
    3pm France v Poland BBC
    7pm England v Senegal ITV

5/12
    3pm Japan v Croatia BBC
    7pm Brazil v South Korea ITV

6/12
    3pm Morocco v Spain ITV
    7pm Portugal v Switzerland ITV
  • Poland to beat France today. Reminsent of Switzerland beating France in the euros. 
  • Messi greatest player I will ever see on a football pitch. 
  • Poland to beat France today. Reminsent of Switzerland beating France in the euros. 
    That would be fantastic if it happened. 

Poland are likely to play hoof ball a lot today and it will be a physical contest.

The French won't enjoy it.

Perhaps set pieces will play a big part 
  • edited December 2022
    I hope @Fanny Fanackapan is limbering up after her croissants and marmalade because all folk of English stock should be Pole dancing when Robert Lewandowski hits the winner today. Unlikely but we live in hope.

I know we still have the little matter of beating the African champions later...
  • Think France will have a stroll v Poland, haven't been impressed with Poland at all.
  • Fact; France's longest border is with Brazil.
    It's an omen for the final line up.
  • Sponsored links:

• France (4-2-3-1) Lloris; Kounde, Varane, Upamecano, T Hernandez; Tchouameni, Rabiot; Dembele, Griezmann, Mbappe; Giroud.
    Substitutes: Mandanda, Areola, Pavard, Disasi, Guendouzi, Kolo Muani, Fofana, Veretout, Saliba, Coman, Konate, Camavinga, Thuram.

Poland (possible 5-2-2-1) Szczesny; Cash, Bereszynski, Kiwior, Glik, Frankowski; S Szymanski, Krychowiak; Zielinski, Kaminski; Lewandowski.
    Substitutes: Skorupski, Grabara, Jedrzejczyk, Wieteska, Bednarek, Bielik, Milik, D Szymanski, Grosicki, Swiderski, Zurkowski, Zalewski, Piatek, Gumny, Skoras.

9 changes for France, no Bielik in the starting 11 for Poland.

• Urgh... Cmon Poland, end the Mbappe circle jerk from the media please!! 
  • edited December 2022
    Urgh... Cmon Poland, end the Mbappe circle jerk from the media please!! 

In every sport the best are highlighted and have been put on a pedestal:
    Snooker: O'Sullivan.
    Horse Racing: AP McCoy
    Athletics: Usain Bolt.

Etc, Etc

What is wrong is recognizing that France without Mbappe and Argentina without Messi are a lesser force.

Celebrate greatness but work out a way to negate them if you aren't French or Argentinian.
  • No way are France a one man team like Argentina without Messi - The French team for me is the most complete team at the Tournament, its not down to Mbappe
  • I've had to switch to the 5 Live commentary. Can't stand these high pitched female commentators. 
  • edited December 2022
    No way are France a one man team like Argentina without Messi - The French team for me is the most complete team at the Tournament, its not down to Mbappe

Agree France are a better team and that's why I tipped them to beat England* if we met in the quarters  but if you think France could win the WC without the special one you are deluded especially without the injured Benezema as well. 

Giroud needs to be fed by Mbappe.

*50/50 game if England meet France but saves the disappointment!
  • edited December 2022

View at kick-off. Empty seats all over the stadium. 
  • interest would wane with the home nation being out. and who the hell is afif? 
  • How on earth is Kouadé allowed to play wearing a necklace?!
  • Sponsored links:

• So far, this is the best Poland have played this World Cup. 
  • Interesting one so far. France really aren't as scary as 4 years ago.

• View at kick-off. Empty seats all over the stadium. 
    About a good reflection of the French population watching at home by my estimation and experience.

• Oh what a miss from Grioud
  • Corey Blackett-Taylor and Karlan Grant are similar type players to Mbappe ?

They have pace  :)
  • French chances coming from Polish mistakes. Apart from that, average.
  • MrWalker said:
    Fact; France's longest border is with Brazil.
    It's an omen for the final line up.
    Was it an omen last time?
  • Cash/Mbappe pocket situation: currently in pocket 
  • Ooh, he escaped the pocket there 
  • Ah FFS how did that stay out