Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Now's the time for Sandgaard to SELL UP

Comments

Someone paint me a realistic positive outcome please? 
    Give BG time. Keep pressure on TS to buy quality/suitable players. Get fans attending matches. There are 36 games left in the season. Injuries derail even the best teams, and we seem to have avoided Bowyer level outages so far. We have Jesurun Rak-Sakyi.
    Thats positive but the secind one is a big ask.
  • Bailey said:
    Lets put this in some sort of context. All of us, maybe, thought the signs were good at the start of the season, good football played and four points on the board. We then reach the transfer window closing, we then see the loyal staff at the Valley being dismissed in a very American fashion, we now understand the depth of the problem. The problem is and always has been that whatever TS is allegedly worth he doesn't have the cash to maintain the losses and sustain the club, any dismissals, budget cuts and overall lack of investment will not make a dent in his continued losses, worse still he, as Airman predicted, will empty the ground with an absurd pricing policy and poor results further adding to the debt. TS's statements are sometimes absurd, just this week he embarrassed himself by accusing Portsmouth of being big spenders, he followed that by a statement to Charlton supporters declaring himself unaware of free tickets being handed out. He now no longer sends out positive tweets and his last few public comments have all been defensive, what does this mean for us ? He wants out ! It's my belief that he is searching around for a buyer but he needs to convince someone that Charlton is a viable business, hence his ridiculous comments about breaking even. I actually believe Sandgaard will be gone by this seasons end but it needs someone of strong character and wallet to get the club back together as one and provide the impetus to move the club forward. 
    I didn't.
  • A few others didn't either.
  • Gribbo said:
    SDAddick said:
    Gribbo said:
    Yeah time to sell up, it's that easy 
    To who?!?! We were up for sale for years under Roland. We basically operate at a permanent loss of millions of pounds and the ground wouldn't be a part of the sale.

Even if he sold it for one pound, how many people do you think are out there wanting to sink five million quid into a business every year with no clear path at recouping that money, and with all the chances in the world of those finances getting worse?

I'm not a fan of TS, but I feel like people need to understand that he serves the purposes of keeping the club afloat. That is not something that is guaranteed. 
    Do you think I was being serious then?

This is indeed very true.

The issue I have had all along, when I was saying this season would unfold as it has back in May, was that its exactly what Roland was doing. Keeping the club afloat. 

The important factor was that he was doing it with a better team and league position (in the Championship at times) than we find ourselves in at the moment.
  • Whoever buys it, has to buy everything. Get rid of Roland at the same time.
    There is not going to be a particularly long line of people willing to spend £50-60m up front, engaging in negotiations with two different groups of difficult people for two seperate ownerships, on a third tier club that loses millions, generates very little income and if successful, has multi-million charges against it! 

I actually struggle to think of another club, bar Coventry, as unattractive a proposition as us. 
    Yet Barclay and crew were willing to do just that. 
    Give BG time. Keep pressure on TS to buy quality/suitable players. Get fans attending matches. There are 36 games left in the season. Injuries derail even the best teams, and we seem to have avoided Bowyer level outages so far. We have Jesurun Rak-Sakyi.
    I think this is the most realistic goal, to be achieved in the shortest amount of time, with the minimum amount of stress

If the manager and players are performing on the pitch**, it at least the Club becomes a more viable proposition to interested parties for TS to sell too.

** Totally understand this is what we've all been waiting for, but still think it would be the quickest way for the Club to move forward, under new ownership. Protesting while we're playing shit, will only end in a stalemate and another bad situation.

Be a bit like doing a geal with the devil

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    One thing I will say is if the size of the club is going to shrink, due to years of league 1 football, we might as well be fan owned.  At least in the short, medium, term.
    how are 'the fans' going to find the necessary £millions to run a club even half the size of CAFC ? 
    They could a club half the size...
    how?

• Sponsored links:

There is not going to be a particularly long line of people willing to spend £50-60m up front, engaging in negotiations with two different groups of difficult people for two seperate ownerships, on a third tier club that loses millions, generates very little income and if successful, has multi-million charges against it! 

I actually struggle to think of another club, bar Coventry, as unattractive a proposition as us. 
    Yet Barclay and crew were willing to do just that. 
    Really?
  • cafckev said:
    Rather than sell the club, I would be happy with a Peter Varney type character coming in and running the club. We need a footballing mind who knows our club. Let TS take the praise for a well run club but let someone else do the work
    That won't happen now. Nobody decent would want the gig. We are focusing on the pitch understandably but the club has been a shambles behind the scenes last season as well as this. Not only a shambles but a nasty one at that. JFC didn't want his contract extended but it was and it bit the bastards on the bum. Loyal, hardworking staff have been bullied and treated atrociously. Jacko was treated atrociously. 

You just buy Roland out ,Sandgaard will not be able to carry on with his loss making business. End of day he will except anything for the club.
    What of course is important is that everything is brought under the same roof.
    Its going to be hard but at the end of the day it will happen.
  • sammy391 said:
    CAST, get a survey sorted! 
    Something official needs to be put across to the ownership 
    Yeah and once it’s been handed over they will all pose for a picture with TS, completely nullifying the effect.
  • edited September 2022
    Bailey said:
    Thats positive but the secind one is a big ask.

And the third one will never happen while we're having poor results and exorbitant ticket prices.

We're the ten to two in The Venue shuffling off home each season after half a dozen games for a pot noodle and a wank.

Then seeing our mates (Millwall and Palace) getting pulled into cabs with sorts as we cry ourselves home on the night bus listening to the Smiths and Raidohead on our sony walkmans.
    Do we get a seat on the bus?
  • A few others didn't either.
    Got to say, I snapped too when he said we'd be in the premiership in five years time. Is it just me who thinks his Missus has told him to stop tweeting bollocks, couldn't help himself with his Portsmouth and Bystander comments though could he. 
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:
    CAST, get a survey sorted! 
    Something official needs to be put across to the ownership 
    Yeah and once it’s been handed over they will all pose for a picture with TS, completely nullifying the effect.
    I think the message is already hitting home and will get worse, namely the attendance figures.
  • Gribbo said:
    Whoever buys it, has to buy everything. Get rid of Roland at the same time.

We're the ten to two in The Venue shuffling off home each season after half a dozen games for a pot noodle and a wank.

Then seeing our mates (Millwall and Palace) getting pulled into cabs with sorts as we cry ourselves home on the night bus listening to the Smiths and Raidohead on our sony walkmans.
    Yep. At the front with the cool kids at the back chucking chips at us as the tears stream down our cheeks as we contemplate having to do it again next weekend.
    As the bottom falls out of our carrier bag as we get off the bus
    Before we get mugged of our Walkman on the way home.
  • Roland sell up?
    Good one!
    When Roland looks at the books today and see's the Valley sold out and punchy little Charlton Athletic were not involved in any shape or form I suspect he'll be having a quiet word with Sangaard, Asking him to take his tin pot football team and f**k off!
  • Gribbo said:
    Whoever buys it, has to buy everything. Get rid of Roland at the same time.

Yep. At the front with the cool kids at the back chucking chips at us as the tears stream down our cheeks as we contemplate having to do it again next weekend.
    As the bottom falls out of our carrier bag as we get off the bus
    Before we get mugged of our Walkman on the way home.
    And in the process get a fractured ‘favourite’ 😉 hand so can only have the pot noodle.