Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 17th September @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    What’s Kirk done to deserve coming back into the side? Wouldn’t bring him in personally. CBT has to start. Him and JRS are our only real attacking threats. We need goals, Kirk won’t bring us that, CBT does.
    Maybe to do with CBT trying to do the crossbar challenge with every opportunity?
  • Options
    COYR
  • Options
    Last season play off hopes dies realistcally at Plymouth, this season the Bolton match looks a big turning point. Fleetwood now. They look very organised but not prolific. Maybe as Mr Rifkind is knowledgable about football maybe he could come on here and explain how can Fleetwood on their gates and their budget compete so well in L1. Then explain how we lost to them? 3-0 Fleetwood.

• Options
    Despite what's going on off the pitch, I do still enjoy watching us on the pitch. Tuesday was gut-wrenching, but the good news is we played very well for large stretches. The bad news, unfortunately, is we played well for large stretches and drew at home to a side in the relegation zone.

The big disappointment from Tuesday night, in addition to just generally final balls, was McGrandles. He looked to put himself about a bit, but he is also gangly and awkward. His season has been very stop-start so far, so I'm not writing him off, but I am a little concerned that after watching him a few times now, I don't know what he does exactly. I don't know if he's a passer, a runner, a ball winner, a goal scorer, a chance creator. I just feel that, at the moment, we have five better central midfielders (Dobson, Morgan, Fraser, Payne, JFC).

Also, I still worry about us defensively. We just seem to have moments where we're caught out of position or switch off. LB remains a real point of concern. Chin looked decent in his debut but there wasn't a whole lot of end product. I think he has the ability to play at L1 level, I just think he needs some maturing, and it probably won't be as a LB. Clayden looks inconsistent. Not great defensively, and mixed going forward. Clare is solid, but doesn't exactly bomb on or overlap his winger and put balls in. We're obviously missing two of our best FBs, which would hurt anyone at this level, but until they're back, it remains concerning.

We could use a win. We could use some goals. And we could really, really use a clean sheet. It's tough with Garner out with Covid. But you can see what he's trying to do here, and building a new system with new players doesn't happen overnight. I just worry that, even if we start clicking in the winter, that we'll have dropped too many points already. 
  • Options
    We will another game at some point, we will win an away game at some point.  I've no idea if these will happen tomorrow.  I suspect not.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    What’s Kirk done to deserve coming back into the side? Wouldn’t bring him in personally. CBT has to start. Him and JRS are our only real attacking threats. We need goals, Kirk won’t bring us that, CBT does.
     I'd have Kirk start and CBT on from the bench. Kirk does get us assists.
  • Options
    Kirk needs to be on the bench at the very least. If we'd brought him on instead of Clayden last match I would have fancied us to win it.

As for a prediction I'm going for 2-1 to us. Stockley miscue that somehow goes in and Payne with a thunderbolt followed by a trademark defensive howler to gift them a goal and give us a squeaky bum finish to the game.
  • Options
    Albie Morgan brace at the death. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any chance of Kanu getting a go? If you are scoring 40 goals in the reserves ~ you are good enough...
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Despite what's going on off the pitch, I do still enjoy watching us on the pitch. Tuesday was gut-wrenching, but the good news is we played very well for large stretches. The bad news, unfortunately, is we played well for large stretches and drew at home to a side in the relegation zone.

The big disappointment from Tuesday night, in addition to just generally final balls, was McGrandles. He looked to put himself about a bit, but he is also gangly and awkward. His season has been very stop-start so far, so I'm not writing him off, but I am a little concerned that after watching him a few times now, I don't know what he does exactly. I don't know if he's a passer, a runner, a ball winner, a goal scorer, a chance creator. I just feel that, at the moment, we have five better central midfielders (Dobson, Morgan, Fraser, Payne, JFC).

Also, I still worry about us defensively. We just seem to have moments where we're caught out of position or switch off. LB remains a real point of concern. Chin looked decent in his debut but there wasn't a whole lot of end product. I think he has the ability to play at L1 level, I just think he needs some maturing, and it probably won't be as a LB. Clayden looks inconsistent. Not great defensively, and mixed going forward. Clare is solid, but doesn't exactly bomb on or overlap his winger and put balls in. We're obviously missing two of our best FBs, which would hurt anyone at this level, but until they're back, it remains concerning.

We could use a win. We could use some goals. And we could really, really use a clean sheet. It's tough with Garner out with Covid. But you can see what he's trying to do here, and building a new system with new players doesn't happen overnight. I just worry that, even if we start clicking in the winter, that we'll have dropped too many points already. 
    Good points here. 
  • Options
    Like a nut case I am going to this today, I have a feeling we'll nick 3 points. 

• Options
    I actually think we’ll win today, 2-1 to us.

I’d probably go something like (well, ameealky id go 4-4-2, but never mind…)

Wollacott
    Clare - Lavelle - O’Connell - Clayden
    Payne - Dobson - Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi - Stockley - CBT
  • Options
    Always hoping but can't see a win at present. Got a feeling we will lose 2-1 after a decent start and taking the lead. Predictable at the moment as confidence is waning 
  • Options
    1-0 loss
  • Options
    1-1, maybe 2-2
  • Options
    WIth CBT it is better to start him and take him off when he is finished which is usually on the 50 to 60 minute mark.
  • Options

This is the best match preview I could find. 

https://www.facebook.com/reel/470649788317470?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    This lot are gonna get a shoeing.

3-1 to Fleetwood and we go one up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've done Fleetwood a couple of times including when Fosu got his hat trick. 
    I'm not going today but 12 of my lot travelled up yesterday making a weekend of it in Blackpool. 
    I hope we can win for them but I'm not at all confident. 
  • Options
    Trying to buy the stream (in Spain) but only match pass available is for Colchester in the Papa Johns?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Trying to buy the stream (in Spain) but only match pass available is for Colchester in the Papa Johns?
    Try clearing you internet history as the server might still think your in the uk mate
  • Options
    My wife has booked a house viewing for 4:45pm today.

Told her that I wasn't impressed as could well end up missing a classic thriller, having to leave home early.

Her response: "Cmon... ITS CHARLTON" - Couldnt even argue with her on that one
  • Options
    3-1 defeat, play reasonably well but fail to capitalise on good play by hitting the back of the net. The crisis deepens as a side that has been robbed of a forward line is told to play a high press game without the tools to do so. TS never played a game of football in his life but is suddenly an expert. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Not enough goals. Fleetwood 1 - Charlton 0
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    cafc4life said:
    Try clearing you internet history as the server might still think your in the uk mate
    Still not showing sadly
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    AndyG said:
    cafc4life said:
    Still not showing sadly
    Have you restarted your Computer? - Try that one, turn the VPN straight on the moment the Desktop is backup etc. - I've had this sort of issue myself where there can be a lot of pissing about before it shows.
  • Options
    Need to make the most of the players we've got.

If the Garnerball gameplan is full of holes because we're missing the right players to score goals and win games, then surely Mr Garner needs to tweak his system to utilise the strengths of the players we do have?

• Options
    No JFC nor Kirk, nor Aneke nor Sess. Egbo and Henry in squad, as is Thomas