Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open Tennis 2022

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Tiafoe wins the first set 7-6(6).
  • Options
    Alcaraz takes the second set 6-3 and breaks for 1-0 in the third set.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Going to a fifth set. A third five setter in a row for Alcaraz.

7-6(6)
    3-6
    1-6
    7-6(5)
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I must be mad watching this at 4.30am. 
  • Options
    Insane from Alcaraz coming through his third consecutive 5 setter and will face Ruud in the final.

Winner will become the new world number 1.
  • Options
    Crazy from a 19 year old. Even if he doesn’t win this weekend (I expect he will), he’s going to be untouchable in 3-4 years time.
  • Options
    Crazy from a 19 year old. Even if he doesn’t win this weekend (I expect he will), he’s going to be untouchable in 3-4 years time.
    On the same trajectory as Nadal
  • Options
    He's so good.

I think even now he's better than Ruud, but he's had the longer matches... Will be interesting.

Glad they've both made it, having a match for a maiden GS & World number 1 is class.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Swiatek wins the women’s title with a 6-2 7-6(5) victory over Jabeur.

Firmly cements herself as the best female player in the world.
  • Options
    Swiatek wins the women’s title with a 6-2 7-6(5) victory over Jabeur.

Firmly cements herself as the best female player in the world.
    Very impressive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One set apiece between Alcaraz and Ruud.

On serve at 5-5 in the third set.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Alcaraz saves set point at 5-6 down. Then wins the tie break convincingly 7-1.

One set away from his first major title. Ruud must be kicking himself for letting that slip.
  • Options
    Got to be tough to pick yourself up again after that.

Hope Ruud gets the 4th, a close 5th set would be perfect.
  • Options
    It's somehow difficult to get one's head around the Big Three who have 63 Grand Slams between them are being replaced at World no. 1 with a 19 year old who has just won his first. That said, he is younger than any of those three when they did so and that in itself is an achievement.
  • Options
    Alcaraz is going to be a force for years to come. Tough to say anyone will get to 20+ slams but he's got the best chance at it of anyone that's emerged since Roger/Rafa/Novax.
  • Options
    Let's see what happens, same things being said about Raducanu a year ago.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Let's see what happens, same things being said about Raducanu a year ago.
    Alcaraz has been playing well for a long time and proven himself at the top.