Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open Tennis 2022

Comments

• Options
    Sabalenka takes the first set over Pliskova 6-1.
  • Options
    Six men left, none have won a major title.

Six women left, one (Swiatek) has won major titles but only at the French Open.

Going to see some fresh faces in the coming days.

I'd love to see Garcia or Jabeur win. For the men, I'd be happy with Tiafoe or Sinner.
  • Options
    Pathetic little child. I dread the day he wins a grand slam.
  • Options
    Sabalenka takes the first set over Pliskova 6-1.
    Sabalenka wins 6-1 7-6(4).
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Tiafoe wins the first set over Rublev 7-6(3). On serve at 5-5 in the second set.
  • Options
    Tiafoe wins the first set over Rublev 7-6(3). On serve at 5-5 in the second set.
    Another tie break won by Tiafoe. This time 7-6(0).

Rublev got a mountain to climb at this point.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Tiafoe wins 7-6(3) 7-6(0) 6-4.

If Sinner wins later, Norrie will be world #9 when the next rankings are released. If Alcaraz wins, Norrie will be #8, a career high ranking.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Swiatek beats Pegula 6-3 7-6(4).

Semi finals tomorrow:
    Swiatek [1] v Sabalenka [6]
    Garcia [17] v Jabeur [5]
  • Options
    A great match unfolding between Sinner and Alcaraz.

Alcaraz took the first set and had five set points for a two set lead but Sinner levels it, winning a tie break 9-7.

One set all and it’s almost midnight in New York.
  • Options

Alcaraz took the first set and had five set points for a two set lead but Sinner levels it, winning a tie break 9-7.

It's nice of them having the game on when I wake up in England.

Seriously, why do they have it on so late in NY?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Semi finals tomorrow:
    Swiatek [1] v Pegula [8]
    Garcia [17] v Jabeur [5]
    Swiatek v Sabalenka actually 
  • Options
    Alcaraz fights back from match point down (and breaks down in the 4th and 5th sets) to win in 5.

Sinner must be absolutely gutted at losing that one.
  • Options

Semi finals tomorrow:
    Swiatek [1] v Pegula [8]
    Garcia [17] v Jabeur [5]
    Swiatek v Sabalenka actually 
    Thanks. Fixed it.
  • Options
    Alcaraz fights back from match point down (and breaks down in the 4th and 5th sets) to win in 5.

Sinner must be absolutely gutted at losing that one.
    You would think so. Especially after the way he had Djokovic in a corner at Wimbledon a couple of months ago too. Being so close to a semi final both times and finding a way to lose them both has to hurt.

Men’s semi finals…
    Khachanov [27] v Ruud [5]
    Alcaraz [3] v Tiafoe [22]
  • Options
    Read earlier that the current top 3 combined have less points than Djokovic had on his own in 2016.
  • Options
    Ging to be tough for Alcaraz. Tiafoe has dropped just 1 set so far (against Nadal). Alcaraz will be playing off the back of two consecutive 5-setters.
  • Options

I've often wondered this. Why do the locals want to go and watch tennis at 1-2am in the morning?!
  • Options

I've often wondered this. Why do the locals want to go and watch tennis at 1-2am in the morning?!
    Cooler temperatures? Surely its nothing to do with English times, i genuinely dont know
  • Options

I guess if you've paid for a ticket, it's a good game etc, it's better for the fans that it finishes and momentum isn't lost etc by coming back the next day.

But I think an 11pm curfew like Wimbledon is more reasonable - people have to get home etc still and not everyone is local!
  • Options
    Watched the highlights of Alcaraz v Sinner, what a match.

Alcaraz is going to be the best player in the world for a few years once Djokovic fades.  Brilliant player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think he has the mental strength to win a slam.
  • Options
    Think the last two may have been the best chance he'll get.
  • Options
    Both Joe Salisbury and Neal Skupski have won semi-finals in the men’s doubles tournament alongside their partners: Rajeev Ram (Salisbury) & Wesley Koolhof (Skupski)

Not sure when the final is. I assume Saturday.

• Options
    Both Joe Salisbury and Neal Skupski have won semi-finals in the men’s doubles tournament alongside their partners: Rajeev Ram (Salisbury) & Wesley Koolhof (Skupski)

Not sure when the final is. I assume Saturday.

Nice to have a final with guaranteed British success! The final is on Friday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/62841226

• Options
    Jabeur cruises into the Women's final destroying Garcia. Until this year she'd managed a grand total of 2 quarter final appearances at slams, now at the age of 28 she's reached 2 consecutive finals.
  • Options
    Swiatek battles back to beat Sabalenka in 3 sets and reach her third final (first outside Paris).
  • Options
    Swiatek v Jabeur should be an excellent final.
  • Options
    Jabeur cruises into the Women's final destroying Garcia. Until this year she'd managed a grand total of 2 quarter final appearances at slams, now at the age of 28 she's reached 2 consecutive finals.
    Hope she wins, she's very likeable.
  • Options
    Ruud takes the first set in a tie break after an unbelievable 45 shot rally on set point.
  • Options
    Ruud won in four sets 7-6(5) 6-2 5-7 6-2.

Alcaraz serving to force a first set tie break against Tiafoe.